Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by MacJunkie
    I recommend everyone who has installed a custom ROM download this file now and tuck it and the instructions away somewhere. It would suck if PalmOne did ask Shadowmite to take all the ROMs off his site and later we discovered that we needed to revert to the factory ROM before doing a major Sprint-released update.

Brilliant!
    bodotcom,

You must have stepped on SH_T when you bought your Treo 650. And benefited this whole Treo community in the process. I just have one question:

How did you know about shadowmite.com and register there to make this anouncement, and have never registered at treocentral.com or have posted here?
    -->BtDUN pre- and post- SprintPCS update 1.12 paired to PC and PPC.
    Darth_Maul -- a dark attacker, trained in the Jedi arts.
    Shadowmite:

Now that you have the Factory ROM and the "not-quite original ROM" from P1, can you tell what the marker was they were using to make the BT car-kit update inoperable with the custom ROM?
    Quote Originally Posted by pda_jedi
    bodotcom,

You must have stepped on SH_T when you bought your Treo 650. And benefited this whole Treo community in the process. I just have one question:

How did you know about shadowmite.com and register there to make this anouncement, and have never registered at treocentral.com or have posted here?
    Sheesh, what a crowd. Here is my background: I do not work for or have any affiliation with P1 or handspring or any other hardware/software manufacturer. Both my wife and I have owned first treo 300's, then 600's and now 650's. I have never needed to register at treocentral before I had a problem with my 650's Versamail but I have been a fan and visitor for some time now. I must say that my expectations for the functionality of my 650 were not met once I had it in hand. As such, I have been watching the developments regarding the Bluetooth DUN and the Wifi drivers very closely. That is what led me to shadowmites site. As for the SD card, the story is exactly as I stated. No spy stuff here, sorry. I went to shadowmites site first because he seemed to me to be the right person to go to. I hope that we can make this best of this and not make this into a negative experience. What good does it do to taunt the maker of what is still the finest handheld device ever, despite some of it's shortcomings? Let's just keep under the radar and let the really creative folks that can play with this stuff do there thing?

bodotcom
    Quote Originally Posted by bodotcom
    I have been a fan and visitor for some time now.... I hope that we can make this best of this and not make this into a negative experience.

bodotcom

Ah-HA! This PROVES you are lying! If you really were a visitor for some time now you would KNOW that this MUST turn into a negative experience. Just ask Fiasal or the guy who posted the first 650 photos, LOL!!!!

Seriously, thanks for contacting Shadomite with your find. This is huge for every one.

"You dumb b@st@rd, you don't know the damage you have caused" 3 Days of the Condor
    Sheesh, what a crowd............
    bodotcom,

Don't get me wrong. I believe and trust you, as well as shadowmite and all of treocentral.com. This whole Treo community is an amazing place and it just exemplified what can happen when such a commited and enthusiastic group of people get together.

I too was a lurker for a long time, never needed to post.

......No spy stuff here, sorry......
    No spy stuff here, indeed. Just a hacker's wet dream.
    -->BtDUN pre- and post- SprintPCS update 1.12 paired to PC and PPC.
    Darth_Maul -- a dark attacker, trained in the Jedi arts.
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MacJunkie
    I recommend everyone who has installed a custom ROM download this file now and tuck it and the instructions away somewhere. It would suck if PalmOne did ask Shadowmite to take all the ROMs off his site and later we discovered that we needed to revert to the factory ROM before doing a major Sprint-released update.
    Yup. Already did it and I'm using the free 128MB card to store the files for a quick restore.
    Quote Originally Posted by aldamon
    Yup. Already did it and I'm using the free 128MB card to store the files for a quick restore.
    There's an ironic beauty to using the SD card that PalmOne gave you for the device with memory issues that PalmOne sold you to hold files that PalmOne does not want you to have.
    As for the SD card, the story is exactly as I stated. No spy stuff here, sorry.

bodotcom
    Stop! Don't ruin it for us!

The story is SO much better if we all believe that your are simply a shill, a plant, a naive and unsuspecting soul that was carefully selected by the secretive and mysterious Scratchy Throat to deliver the Missing Link to Sir ShadowMite that enables successful "P1 Authorized" ROM upgrades for the untold thousands of zealot 650 owners that have jacked their Treos with outlawed code.

It's OK if you don't admit it, but please, don't deny it either. A dash of mystery, a nod and a wink - next thing you know, we'll have a full-fledged underground espionage tale going here. If work at it, we could probably blow this thing so far out of porportion, the folks over at TiVoCentral will be asking ShadowMite to hack into the TiVo-To-Go download server to put them at the head of the update line.

Long Live Scratchy Throat!!!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12