1.    #1  
    Hey all,

I downloaded a trial of agendus mail and somehow it took over my SMS handler (even deleted the option to change it to the old sms handler). I am using a Treo 650 (Sprint, of course), and I would like to know that if I delete/remove the Agendus files, would the functionality of getting my SMS messages be reverted by to the default Palm app?

Anyone?
    Last edited by Blademonkey; 01/27/2005 at 12:47 PM.
    Should always have a current backup before installing trial-ware.

The only thing MS did right was licensing the Go-Back software in XP
  3.    #3  
    I haven't installed my backup software on the treo. Not too worried about the data, just the functionality.

Thanks for the common sense kick to the head, though.

Much obliged.
    It should go back. I've deleted AgendusMail as well. Gave me fits with SMS.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    It should go back. I've deleted AgendusMail as well. Gave me fits with SMS.
    So you're saying that if I remove Agendus Mail plus the SMS app, the treo should default to the application that was used before agendus was installed? or should/will I need to perform a hard reset.
    Hard reset would be a last resort. I had AM bundled with AgendusPro. Constant resets everytime I got an SMS. Deleted AM, all went back to normal. Can't remember if it defaults back to the internal Messaging program, or if I had to change it manually. But there was no hard resetting needed.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    I just installed Agendus Pro 9.0. Is it possible to delete AgendusMail and leave the rest of Agendus in place fully functional.
    In Agendus, go to Preferences and there you'll find a "Miscellaneous" setting where you can change the SMS default app back to "Messaging."
    Hi BladeMonkey, I tested Agendus 9.01 and AgendusMail 4.1 on a Treo 600. I'm pretty confident that you'll be able to get the SMS functionality back. First try TR30's suggestion in the preceding post. (This way you can evaluate AgendusMail.) My recommendation is to try AM until you've decided you don't like it, then delete it, as it is more problems than it is worth. (There were still problems with people getting resets using Agendus 9.01 with AM deleted. Agendus 9.02 may have fixed the issue. Let me know if your trial is not at least 9.02 and I'll find a link so you can upgrade. Agendus is pretty cool but sometimes a little slow. Good luck with your eval.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Blademonkey
    Hey all,

I downloaded a trial of agendus mail and somehow it took over my SMS handler (even deleted the option to change it to the old sms handler). I am using a Treo 650 (Sprint, of course), and I would like to know that if I delete/remove the Agendus files, would the functionality of getting my SMS messages be reverted by to the default Palm app?

Anyone?

To get my Treo 650 to revert to using the default Messaging application - even after setting the defaults apps in my Prefs and in Agendus 9.2 and Agendus Mail - I had to go:

(1) Open Agendus Mail
    (2) Tool - Accounts
    (3) Uncheck "SMS Mess . . SMS(default)"

Once I did this SMS reverted to the built-in Messaging application that came with my Treo 650.

SO far AG Pro 9.02 is working just fine on my device. BTW I move AG Mail to the Card since I don't use it. I just wished we had the option not to install it at all when we load AG PRo
    Quote Originally Posted by madhope
    ... BTW I move AG Mail to the Card since I don't use it. I just wished we had the option not to install it at all when we load AG PRo
    You should be able to delete AM (and whatever the exchange connector
    is called), and have Agendus still work OK.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Quote Originally Posted by bclancy
    You should be able to delete AM (and whatever the exchange connector
    is called), and have Agendus still work OK.
    Before figuring out how to disable the SMS hijack - I tried deleting AG Mail and it did not work. Ended up hard resetting. So as not to push my luck once I got SMS to work properly with AG Pro installed I just moved AG Mail to my card.
  13.    #13  
    Thanks Everyone, It worked. I removed the SMS app and it works fine. The Agendus SMS was making my treo restart everytime I got an SMS.
    Yes it will. The only way I found to have a stable Treo with Agendus is by doing the following:

DO NOT let Agendus handle alarms.
    -otherwise alarm delays and crashes.
    DO NOT use the Mute Function.
    -otherwise system will be really sluggish. If you enabled it, Delete the Agendus Mute file.
    DO NOT us the native SMS program.
    -otherwise you will have crashes upon receipt of SMS messages. Granted the native SMS is better than through AM, both AM and A are programs I can't be with out....

This will give you a crash free Treo 650 with Agendus until Iambic gets around to correcting the issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Blademonkey
    Thanks Everyone, It worked. I removed the SMS app and it works fine. The Agendus SMS was making my treo restart everytime I got an SMS.
    PIII,PIIIx,V,Vx,M505,M515,TT,T3,650,700p=>>iPhone
    There's more to life than technology....but not a whole lot more