Page 1 of 63 1234561151 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    TreoCentral GSM Members,

This is thread was established out to discussions in the former thread "I Will Wait For GSM Model. Who's With Me? After 3+ months of waiting, the Treo 650 GSM phones are available to us. I trust this thread will be as lively, informative and fruitful as the former thread.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Dear Moderators,

Upon official release of the GSM version of the Treo 650, the members of the former thread have asked that you make this thread a sticky for the first 30 days following its release. Thanks.

--------------------------------------------------
    Let's begin the discussion....
    jumped the gun...

congrats all new 650 owners in this thread. Hope some of you are beloved developers.
    Last edited by dutchtrumpet; 01/27/2005 at 04:27 PM.
    Let's start with a quick review!!! Unlocked/locked? How is the BT? How is the audio quality? What about all the other little issues? Oh yeah, software versions?

Mike
    Well, since no one HAS received the GSM 650 yet, I guess I'll wait to ask any questions.

In on the first page.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks dutchtrumpet

Welcome to the discussion. For those of you who are NEW, we agreed to name a new thread from the former thread... "I Will Wait For GSM Model. Who's With Me?
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ved#post530003 We decided to name this thread in anticipation of those in receipt of Treo 650s.

Sorry that was misleading to YOU. However, there are members in this forum who have or will receive the GSM phones within hours.
    Last edited by specimen38; 01/27/2005 at 12:44 PM.
    I have the tracking number to my GSM Cingular 650, details are here. It is on the truck on the way to my house. Will post pics / info when I get it.
    i guess we're all going to have to find that fedex truck and get the phone!!
  8.    #8  
    Milo,

Exciting! And Congrats!
    Will you help me? I think we know more than the CSR. I just called them, that is, Cingular and got the run around. "...it's in the computer, but blah, blah, blah..." I want mine to be on order by day's end.

Don't forget to report back here. Link us a pic...
    Quote Originally Posted by Milo Bloom
    I have the tracking number to my GSM

Don't forget to report back here. Give us a pic. Cingular 650, details are here. It is on the truck on the way to my house. Will post pics / info when I get it.
  9.    #9  
    What rep did you talk to? What magic did you work?
    Quote Originally Posted by umcp
    i guess we're all going to have to find that fedex truck and get the phone!!
    couple questions when y'all get em...

how's bt volume?
    what's software version.
    My cingular (blue/ATTWS) ARRIVED TODAY! I will wait till i get home later...it's charging at my office (i work for cingular blue) - it rocks!!
    Hey Specimen 38, you may want to wait before jumping. I just read in Howard Forums that they 650s may be locked to AT&T and unlockable! I'm wondering if these are phones that AT&T committed to buy from PalmOne before the merger and are now having to dump them? It seems kinda odd that they would get them before Cingular doesn't it? And people on HoFo have been referring to this stealth team of AT&T CSR's called the "Blue Tigers" who are selling them. Smells fishy!
    GOT IT...

First off, very interesting, the phone does not say Cingular. I might have an unlocked phone! Will post more soon, here are some pics...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Can someone explain to me in laymans terms what "GSM" is and how this differs from my Sprint Treo 650?
    Congrats...Milo. I hope you enjoy your Treo as much as I do.
    GOT IT...

First off, very interesting, the phone does not say Cingular. I might have an unlocked phone! Will post more soon, here are some pics...
    No logo at all. Hmm...
    let us know ASAP if it's unlocked or not?!
    OK, it came with an ATT&T sim card, but I already had one. I put my current sim in the phone and it took off just fine, could get on the net and place phone calls right away.

I can't tell if I can use DUN for sure, but I don't think so, the buletooth setup just has hot-sync and hands free.

it's beautiful...
    Nokia 3585 > Moto i60c > Moto i90c > SK Color > Nokia 6820 > Nokia 6230 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > BB 7100 > BB 7105 > BB Pearl > Treo 755p > Treo 800w
    OK, it came with an ATT&T sim card, but I already had one. I put my current sim in the phone and it took off just fine, could get on the net and place phone calls right away.

I can't tell if I can use DUN for sure, but I don't think so, the buletooth setup just has hot-sync and hands free.
    weird...and yet it clearly says cingular on the box. try a sim from another provider if you have one handy.
    Nokia 3585 > Moto i60c > Moto i90c > SK Color > Nokia 6820 > Nokia 6230 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > BB 7100 > BB 7105 > BB Pearl > Treo 755p > Treo 800w
Page 1 of 63 1234561151 ... LastLast