Page 7 of 63 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121757 ... LastLast
    Yes, I'm a former T650 CDMA owner, and I'm here following this thread with interest. So, there's still hope
    Quote Originally Posted by zorro869
    Great- I returned my 2nd Treo to Sprint for this reason. My third one has the SAME issue, and 3 others checked in the store did as well.

If it is like my first one, it will eventually turn into a key constantly inputing a letter P. This is not a good thing. If EVERY Treo is like this we are in BIG trouble.
    How long did it take to fail and how much do you type on it? Mine has served me well for some time now with no issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by soccrnj80
    I remember when I used dslreports.com/mspeed on my treo 600 is was like 22kbit, I was trying to fined ur speeds but didnt find them. What is the fastest u have gotten so far.
    Mine show up on the second page of this thread I believe (under my page veiw settings at least).

I believe I have reported 175kbit/sec. (I think maybe even 177Kbit/sec but I am not sure).

tonight I did some more and all fell in between 111kbit/sec and 140kbit/sec without full signal (about 4 bars), so there is still room for more speed.
    Quote Originally Posted by specimen38
    I hope this thread remains positive, constructive and upbeat. We are graced with the presence of many knowledgeable people with important things to contribue, not to mention Shadowmite.

When the CDMA version of the "Precious" as described by Mtreosexual, GSMers quietly retreated to the sanctity of one thread while we watch day "new stickies posted" and "whining" day after day. We celebrated the fact that the 650 had been released, but our joy was post-posted. Now that we are on the verge of getting a GSM release -- it really makes you wonder why we are getting flamed by CDMAers.

I would like to stay focus here. There are some things we want to accomplish such as DUN and perhaps WIFI drivers. Who knows what could happen?
    I second your constructive thoughts.
    I have a question for those Blue people. I am Orange and my Blue account executive is trying to convert me in the worst way. Those who have recieved their Treos, what data plan did you sign for.

I know, and have preached how to keep Orange MEdia works for $19.95, but as a new blue customer what are you paying for data? Blue quoted me $44.95 for gov't unlimited data. Is there a Blue work around for pricing like there is for Orange if you are not a former blue customer?
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtreosexual
    I second your constructive thoughts.
    Here, here! Why do we seem to be able to become morose and mean spirited when we are anxiously anticipating the arrival of something that will benefit us (No to mention be fun!). While I've been using cellular phone almost since their inception, I am by no means an expert. I merely use what works best for me. With my travel needs, GSM works best. I've been following this thread, like others, to glean what I can about release dates and features of the new phone and am anxious to acquire one but in the great scheme of things, the inconvenience of a few days wait pales when compared to tsunamis and wars. There really is more to life than this phone no matter how desirable is is. (End of rant... grinding sounds as I slide my soap box back under my desk....)
    Best,

Bill
    ><(((((`>
    Palm Treo Pro, iPhone 3G 16GB Refurb, Palm TX
    Waiting for Pre GSM!
    Shadowmite, you are the man. I have the DUN option on the GSM Treo 650!!!

I will test for sure in just a sec, I have bluetooth on this notebook!
    shadowmite...you rock. I have sprint and this is fun watching this all over again. I AM A GIANT NERD
    DT, Im right there with you. First thing I did this morning was check to see what happened on TC since last night. (I checked it right before I went to bed.)

Hi, My name's bryant and I'm a giant nerd.
    oops, Im really a nerd...cant even spell my own name...brynat

When I turn the DUN option Off, the Treo does reboot. When it comes back all looks fine and the option is off. When I turn DUN back on it tells me about the web and email not working and it turns ON OK. It looks like it is fine.

Not sure if this is normal and/or the way the Sprint DUN hack works (Sorry, I followed that thread too, but don't remember)
  12.    #132  
    The Treo 650 is a world phone!

Vienna Channels is not in "Vienna" - it's in the United States. However, I was thinking about the implications of unlocking the GSM Treo 650 and how U.S. GSMers might be able to be a conduit for making phones available to our European and Canadian friends. I don't know if this is an EBAY solution, of course, no profit would be involved.

Or perhaps there is a person abroad who needs who wants one phone and is willing to construct a solutions that is satifactory and safe for them.

Or perhaps, there is an extremely benevolent who would show courtesies to a TC member state side to get a phone to Europe. I don't know the answer. I am just thinking about our friends in the world community.

Thoughts?
  13.    #133  
    Your question is my question...too
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna
    I have a question for those Blue people. I am Orange and my Blue account executive is trying to convert me in the worst way. Those who have recieved their Treos, what data plan did you sign for.

I know, and have preached how to keep Orange MEdia works for $19.95, but as a new blue customer what are you paying for data? Blue quoted me $44.95 for gov't unlimited data. Is there a Blue work around for pricing like there is for Orange if you are not a former blue customer?
    The only way I can see is if you have a shared plan with 2 lines. Other then that the only 2 options I can think of is to take it and try calling after the fact to change it OR 30 days later call them and tell them you lost/sold/didn't like your 650 and you now have a Nokia 3120 or whatever and you want the $24.99 unlimited mMode on it (if they still offer it).

Edit: 1 other choice .... 30 days from now (assuming someone figures out how to unlock it) just migrate back to Orange. However, by then it seems a good possibility there will be no unlimited plan for $19.99.

Edit2: Wait till next week and get an Orange one.
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna
    Is there a Blue work around for pricing like there is for Orange if you are not a former blue customer?
    Last edited by MisterEd; 01/28/2005 at 09:32 AM.
  15.    #135  
    Congrats...Milo. Will you be able to post it for the rest of us? Or will Shadowmite post it at his site.
    Quote Originally Posted by Milo Bloom
    Shadowmite, you are the man. I have the DUN option on the GSM Treo 650!!!

I will test for sure in just a sec, I have bluetooth on this notebook!
  16.    #136  
    We heard anymore from Khart?
    Quote Originally Posted by soccrnj80
    I tried ordering from cingular today, and was told that they hadn't announced the treo 650, but will be next week and can order then. Can you guys that got your 650's take pictures, or give us detailed review to try and help us that don't have them yet to stay enthused, it's been a long wait.... Thanx,
    I think the structure for the roll out was:

The B2B is corporate release [this week].
    The Cingular consumer release [next week]
    Look at message #85 in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by specimen38
    Congrats...Milo. Will you be able to post it for the rest of us? Or will Shadowmite post it at his site.
  18.    #138  
    My bad....Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    Look at message #85 in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    And P1's site STILL doesn't even say "coming soon." Damn ... worse then my wife.
    ROTFL....yup, yup.
    Shadowmite, if there is a considerable amount of code different between the Sprint and the GSM bluteoothmanager.prc, and if the GSM is more advanced, would it be possible to use the GSM verion on the Sprint phones?
    I would imagine so since it has nothing to do with the radio, just with the bluetooth.
Page 7 of 63 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121757 ... LastLast