Page 63 of 63 FirstFirst ... 1353585960616263
Results 1,241 to 1,254 of 1254
    I still have one Cingular Treo 650 in my possession, wondering since I am out of contract with Cingular what is it going to take to get my Cingular Subsidy unlock ?? I am only guessing you mean subsidy and not sim lock right?? Also, they do not know I have a Treo on my MediaWorks plan as of yet. ...BTW a little helpful advice here would be great on how you got your's unlocked and if you have tested it with another sim card yet. TIA

Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna
    Hey, you guys gotta try (free 30 days) splash blog. It is sooooo cool, perfect for the vegas trip and matched with EDGE, one of my new favortite apps. I took about 30 picts with phone, the published without a glitch, I went home and added about 100 from my digtal camera and they automatically sync into the treo. TOO COOL for SCHOOL.

Oh btw I just got my Cingular 650 unlock codes = I Love Cingular
  2.    #1242  
    hey cglaguna,

Long time...no hear from....! Tell me more about the splash blog thing. I read some of your other post in another thread about voice dial. Some guy was complaining about a lack of voice dialing software and hadn't looked on his CD. I am actually loving that application. It works great for me.

I am on my second T650. Not because the first one was defective. I just wanted to test Cingular's 30 day return policy to see if they lived up to it. I thinking of getting an unlocked/unbranded 650 and hoping over to TMo if they did not comply. But they complied and I think I'll stay.

I am happy Treo 650-ing. I learned something interesting about the MediaWorks unlimited data package that I can not say out publicly. If you are curious, I will PM you. Take care....I've been scarce checking perhaps once a week.
    Hey, you guys gotta try (free 30 days) splash blog. It is sooooo cool, perfect for the vegas trip and matched with EDGE, one of my new favortite apps. I took about 30 picts with phone, the published without a glitch, I went home and added about 100 from my digtal camera and they automatically sync into the treo. TOO COOL for SCHOOL.

Oh btw I just got my Cingular 650 unlock codes = I Love Cingular
    Quote Originally Posted by specimen38
    hey cglaguna,
    I learned something interesting about the MediaWorks unlimited data package that I can not say out publicly. If you are curious, I will PM you.
    Ahh, come on?? What's up??
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    hey cglaguna,

...voice dialing software and hadn't looked on his CD. I am actually loving that application....

...I learned something interesting about the MediaWorks unlimited data package that I can not say....
    I guess I need to open up my CD also, I have been wondering also whey they left voice dialing out, it sounds like maybe they didn't now.

What a tease....not even a hint about the MediaWorks in public??
    hey cglaguna,

Long time...no hear from....! Tell me more about the splash blog thing. I read some of your other post in another thread about voice dial. Some guy was complaining about a lack of voice dialing software and hadn't looked on his CD. I am actually loving that application. It works great for me.

I am on my second T650. Not because the first one was defective. I just wanted to test Cingular's 30 day return policy to see if they lived up to it. I thinking of getting an unlocked/unbranded 650 and hoping over to TMo if they did not comply. But they complied and I think I'll stay.

I am happy Treo 650-ing. I learned something interesting about the MediaWorks unlimited data package that I can not say out publicly. If you are curious, I will PM you. Take care....I've been scarce checking perhaps once a week.
    Yeah, I cannot believe how buried, I am at work and school. I am taking monday off, it has been so stressful. Add in new treo, and friends new treos and I just have no evergy. One treo was perfect, the other took two returns. I hate returning crap. On top of that I started a side career editing video, I have killer AVID set up and one of the pieces was bad, forcing me to send back my DigiDesign 002. I am also in school at USC in my last semester of masters, I am totally worked.

As far as Treos go, I hav two more coming, P1 non-locked and am trying to decide if I want to keep the Cing unlocks or switch. I like the keyboard dimming but don't know if it is worth the change. Also P1 models seem to have a volume problem that I am not experiencing in the earpiece. Will PM you. I LOVE EDGE THOUGH.
    Quote Originally Posted by S-38
    hey cglaguna,

Long time...no hear from....! Tell me more about the splash blog thing.
    Oh i forgot, SPLASH Blog, Splashblog.com. Very cool app blogging tool. I hav started many blogs before but lose interest fast. Splash blog is an app that sits on your 650 and is a web blog on the net. You add pictures and comments from your Treo and it syncs to Splashblog, I think it is $20 a year or forever, i havenet figured that out yet. Anything that is done to the Treo is done to the website, anything done to the website is done to the Treo.
    i received another replacement today, unlocked 650, but it still has the old firmware 1.14
    btw, in the 15 days period, how many returns can be done? I know that after 15 days, we have to re-order and then ship back the unit to get credit for it.
  8.    #1248  
    I have been working in digital editing for years. My studio (now scrapped) was featured in MacWeek magazine back in the 1993. I was the first in Cali to have Power 9500 running Adobe Premiere. I am mostly doing Final Cuts on a G4 now when I am not programming. I have this neat situation in my office. Two computers: one for coding and the second for editing. Also, good luck on that Masters program.

Of course, you got my PM. I am loving my T650. EDGE is the bomb.

Yeah, I cannot believe how buried, I am at work and school. I am taking monday off, it has been so stressful. Add in new treo, and friends new treos and I just have no evergy. One treo was perfect, the other took two returns. I hate returning crap. On top of that I started a side career editing video, I have killer AVID set up and one of the pieces was bad, forcing me to send back my DigiDesign 002. I am also in school at USC in my last semester of masters, I am totally worked.

As far as Treos go, I hav two more coming, P1 non-locked and am trying to decide if I want to keep the Cing unlocks or switch. I like the keyboard dimming but don't know if it is worth the change. Also P1 models seem to have a volume problem that I am not experiencing in the earpiece. Will PM you. I LOVE EDGE THOUGH.
  9.    #1249  
    Regarding MediaWorks!

I am not one for teasing...........

If you activated your Treo 650 on or after February 11, 2005, then you may not be the beneficiary of the MediaWorks Unlimited packaged that was discussed in this thread several weeks back.

If you have called to verify the terms of your contract, specifically the data plan....you could be effected as some people have had their data plans down-graded unknowingly to a limited MediaWorks package.

Since then Cingular has posted and changed its data plans for the Treo 650 several times. So much so that the PalmOne site couldn't keep up.

Please forgive me for being evasive. If this is truly relevant to you then PM me and I will give you details. If I don't get back to you immediately, it's because I haven't been around as much, but I will answer. I was partial specifically to cglaguna with this information because I knew he had full knowledge of the MediaWorks Unlimited plan discussed in this thread back in January.

Sorry if I raised any anxieties. My post wasn't meant to tease or alarm anyone. It's simply that I have been on TC long enoughn ow to have seen things discussed out publicly be used against us later.
  10.    #1250  
    On my way to Splashblog.com now................

Thanks!

Oh i forgot, SPLASH Blog, Splashblog.com. Very cool app blogging tool. I hav started many blogs before but lose interest fast. Splash blog is an app that sits on your 650 and is a web blog on the net. You add pictures and comments from your Treo and it syncs to Splashblog, I think it is $20 a year or forever, i havenet figured that out yet. Anything that is done to the Treo is done to the website, anything done to the website is done to the Treo.
    Quote Originally Posted by horatiub
    i received another replacement today, unlocked 650, but it still has the old firmware 1.14
    btw, in the 15 days period, how many returns can be done? I know that after 15 days, we have to re-order and then ship back the unit to get credit for it.
    I'm in the same boat as you - called p1 to have my unlocked GSM T650 replaced. But, I called after the 15 days and they didn't ask for a credit card or anything. The CSR just told me they'd overnight one to me and to just send back my old one. But, I haven't received it, yet...I'm starting to think she screwed up and didn't actually get my replacement unit shipped.

I, too, am hoping to get the one with the updated firmware.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unlocked GSM Treo 650 | T-Mobile
    Received: 2/10/2005
    I guess I'm a bit out of touch with the blog rage going on, but are they mostly for showing friends events of your life or amateur jounalism?

As far as the current thread topic, is there suppose to be a big difference in the 1.14 vs. the 1.15 firmware? I've never owned a Treo before, but won't they post a patch to update our firmware sometime in the near future so we're all on the same page?
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Has anyone with an unlocked GSM device experienced the sound quality problem described in the "Treo sound quality on the other end" thread?

Here is an example from #562, posted by deanzsyclone.

"What I have found is that the phone seems to be running in Simplex mode (one person talks at a time, just like a walkie talkie but instead of you having to push a button "ptt" the phone has a voice activated button) so this means as long as it hears the other party talking on the phone it keeps your mic off untile they stop talking, but the problem is, if the person your talking too has background noise (even slight background noise) the phone keeps thinking that THEY are STILL talking, keeping you mic in the off position. This causes YOUR voice to cut in and out. Normally a phone works in full duplex, in otherwords you can both talk at the same time and hear every word each of you said.

Now how do I know this is the problem? simple, EVERYTIME someone has the radio on in the background or people talking in the background or wind noise, or even loud interior car noise, the person on the noisy side say's that I am cuting in and out. I hear this constantly over and over and over when I'm on my treo 650, and EVERY SINGE TIME I get them to kill the background noise, they hear me PERFECTLY fine! Unless we both speak at the same time. Now I simply wait my turn. Now yes this sucks tremendously and should not be occuring, especially in such an expensive phone. Note I usually have these problems with people that also seem to be on a cell phone of another carrier seems to make it worse, but when it is a call to someone on a landline I seem to rarely have a problem. But this could be because the landlines are generally at thier homes where it is usually quiter than out and about town."

I Would like to purchase the device, but would not like to find myself out in the cold.
  14.    #1254  
    I am not sure this is the case because when used with a BlueTooth device such as SuperTooth -- the microphone feedback is troublesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Giacopis
    Has anyone with an unlocked GSM device experienced the sound quality problem described in the "Treo sound quality on the other end" thread?

Here is an example from #562, posted by deanzsyclone.

"What I have found is that the phone seems to be running in Simplex mode (one person talks at a time, just like a walkie talkie but instead of you having to push a button "ptt" the phone has a voice activated button) so this means as long as it hears the other party talking on the phone it keeps your mic off untile they stop talking, but the problem is, if the person your talking too has background noise (even slight background noise) the phone keeps thinking that THEY are STILL talking, keeping you mic in the off position. This causes YOUR voice to cut in and out. Normally a phone works in full duplex, in otherwords you can both talk at the same time and hear every word each of you said.

Now how do I know this is the problem? simple, EVERYTIME someone has the radio on in the background or people talking in the background or wind noise, or even loud interior car noise, the person on the noisy side say's that I am cuting in and out. I hear this constantly over and over and over when I'm on my treo 650, and EVERY SINGE TIME I get them to kill the background noise, they hear me PERFECTLY fine! Unless we both speak at the same time. Now I simply wait my turn. Now yes this sucks tremendously and should not be occuring, especially in such an expensive phone. Note I usually have these problems with people that also seem to be on a cell phone of another carrier seems to make it worse, but when it is a call to someone on a landline I seem to rarely have a problem. But this could be because the landlines are generally at thier homes where it is usually quiter than out and about town."

I Would like to purchase the device, but would not like to find myself out in the cold.