Page 60 of 63 FirstFirst ... 1050555657585960616263 LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 1254
    Spec38, is there any order in which you install apps? I haven't set up my unlocked 650 and want to minimize my mess-ups.
    Thanks
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
    Quote Originally Posted by specimen38
    It did not get lost. It came in time for my:
    1000th post

BAM#@%#^
    Whoa^&r$%
    SmAsH!

It's Here!
    I Received My GSM 650. Who's With Me?
    -------------------------------------------
    Shout Outs To:
    -------------------------------------------
    Mtreo = It's the "Precious"
    100th = Who Will Deliver Me EDGE? Treo 650
    MisterED = EDGE =MediaWorks (forgive the faithless)
    cglaguna = California knows how to party
    whmurray = There's not a 600 that can stand up to 650
    helpermonk = ports away.....we're blastin' data
    MacUser = It's here...today
    bcalis = You are as classy as they come
    Rtalian = let's break open a cold one.
    Don't be upset if I did not list your name. I got nothing but love for ya...
    Great.
    Happy for you .
    Join the Gang
    Quote Originally Posted by MacUser
    Spec38, is there any order in which you install apps? I haven't set up my unlocked 650 and want to minimize my mess-ups.
    Thanks
    Here is what I did.
    Bought Missing Sync. 39.95
    Did not use palm desktop at all. No installation fro the CD's
    Transfer your stuff from old treo using IR.
    Sync with your powerbook using bluetooth...
    Not a lot of 3rd party apps
    Works Great.
    Eagerly waiting for my first reset.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtreosexual
    Here is what I did.
    Works Great.
    And if you had no Treo to begin with? I'm starting from scratch. I did buy MissingSync though.
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
    I'm not sure this is right. My understanding is that Missing Sync does use the Palm hotsync manager. Additionally you would need to use the Palm software disc to install the necessary driver for the Treo 650. You certainly could avoid using the Palm Desktop program itself, but there are bits and pieces of the Palm software that Missing Sync needs in order to work I believe.

Here is what I did.
    Works Great.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    maybe S38, you should start a new screen name as Specimen650 and go for the next 1000 posts.

Hope you feel better, though recovery time should provide ample opportunity to explore the 650
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Hey I can finally add my name to the list of owners with a 650 in hand. It came to wife's work this morning. (Would have left work early but it ended up being crisis day. Oh well tomorrow my boss is away so I will have time to play.) I've made 1 phone call, got internet working. Pretty cool. Right now it's charging and I'm trying to stay focused on reading the manual. I'm starting from scratch so I have no migration issues to worry about hopefully. Soon I'll install sync software and sync my outlook contacts. And configure versa mail, haven't done that yet. And send an sms. I've got a busy night ahead of me. I have to say, it's a sweet phone so far.
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
  8.    #1188  
    Bulls Eye.... I have been laying up most of the day. Doctor says I need to be off work a week. Then come back to evaluate. So I started some new research using "house phone" -- from my bed. Immediately phenning for accessories.

Observation 1: Locked Cingular 650 produces low volume on most calls, but I can't say it is true for all calls. Mtreosexual said he planned to compare the unlocked version with the orange version. I hope that is soon. I am inclined to get someone to drive me into the City (SF) tonight, so I can switch SIMs and test it out. If I do, I will report back here around 9:30 pm PST. I have already spoke with the guy at the Palm kiosk store. They're open until 9 pm tonight. I might have my orange going back to Cingular for the unlocked if there is a significant difference.

Quote Originally Posted by 100thMonkey
    maybe S38, you should start a new screen name as Specimen650 and go for the next 1000 posts.

Hope you feel better, though recovery time should provide ample opportunity to explore the 650
    Quote Originally Posted by MacUser
    And if you had no Treo to begin with? I'm starting from scratch. I did buy MissingSync though.
    Sync your powerbook using Missing sync .
    Your addressbook will go into contacts in treo and similarly others programs can be synced as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis
    I'm not sure this is right. My understanding is that Missing Sync does use the Palm hotsync manager. Additionally you would need to use the Palm software disc to install the necessary driver for the Treo 650. You certainly could avoid using the Palm Desktop program itself, but there are bits and pieces of the Palm software that Missing Sync needs in order to work I believe.
    I did not install anything from CD's which came with Treo.They still have the factory seal on them.
    So, no drivers for T650 installed ............
    Transferred music on to SD card from itunes .
    I am using RealPlayer works without any glitches .No Ptunes for now.
    BT song transfer is very slow.
    Bulls Eye.... I have been laying up most of the day. Doctor says I need to be off work a week. Then come back to evaluate. So I started some new research using "house phone" -- from my bed. Immediately phenning for accessories.

Observation 1: Locked Cingular 650 produces low volume on most calls, but I can't say it is true for all calls. Mtreosexual said he planned to compare the unlocked version with the orange version. .
    Do they have you any pain killers or sleeping Pills ?...
    I never said anything about Orange.....

BTW , Someone correctly said, You can play football only upto certain age .
    Hope your back gets better.
  13.    #1193  
    My bad... I should have remembered better... You've been Catherine Zeta Jonesing for years with TMo....

Doc......it was the pain killers that have me saying these things.
    Do they have you any pain killers or sleeping Pills ?...
    I never said anything about Orange.....

BTW , Someone correctly said, You can play football only upto certain age .
    Hope your back gets better.
  14.    #1194  
    I went to the City tonight.

I had some serious concerns about the Orange 650's volume. I had read in another posting that a later ROM version had been put into the Unlocked model that made sound quality better. Well....if it is true, I could tell. I took my Orange 650 over to the Palm Kiosk, located at 5th and Market st. I plugged my SIM card into the Unlocked 650 and commenced to making phone calls to evaluate the reception sound quality. I concluded that it sounded good. I asked the sales woman at the Palm Kiosk to verify the volume and quality of the reception and she agreed. So we removed the SIM and loaded it into my Orange 650 and ran it through the same test as we had previously with the Unlocked version.

The results were identical. There was no preceptual difference in the devices sound quality on reception. Thoughts?
    Did you previously have Palm software from a Treo 600 installed? There has to be a USB driver for the Treo to get anything to work. Missing Sync is generic and not specific to the Treo, it doesn't have any driver. It doesn't even have a conduit or anything for iCal and AddressBook. It depends on the iSync conduit (unless it's changed from what I saw in 4.0).

So, you must have something installed. Not to raise alarm, but if I were you I would definitely install the Palm software to make sure I had the latest driver for the Treo 650 just to be safe, even if you don't intend to use Palm Desktop.

I did not install anything from CD's which came with Treo.They still have the factory seal on them.
    So, no drivers for T650 installed ............
    I sold my Sprint 650 a few days ago and my GSM Treo 600 a couple of months ago.

It could be my imagination but the unlocked GSM Treo 650 sure seems like it's got lower volume than the other two. It certainly has more background hiss than the Sprint. That's seems like it's a generic GSM thing, but the 650 just seems to have slightly louder hiss than I remember. I haven't called enough people yet to form a complete opinion.

On the bright side, one of the really poor aspects of the Sprint 650 was the volume was too low through a bluetooth headset. While not enough to cause deafness, the volume through a bluetooth headset (Sony Ericsson HBH-660) is much louder on the unlocked GSM 650. Haven't had a chance to test it in a loud car yet, but it's definitely much louder.

I went to the City tonight.

I had some serious concerns about the Orange 650's volume. I had read in another posting that a later ROM version had been put into the Unlocked model that made sound quality better. Well....if it is true, I could tell. I took my Orange 650 over to the Palm Kiosk, located at 5th and Market st. I plugged my SIM card into the Unlocked 650 and commenced to making phone calls to evaluate the reception sound quality. I concluded that it sounded good. I asked the sales woman at the Palm Kiosk to verify the volume and quality of the reception and she agreed. So we removed the SIM and loaded it into my Orange 650 and ran it through the same test as we had previously with the Unlocked version.

The results were identical. There was no preceptual difference in the devices sound quality on reception. Thoughts?
    Did you previously have Palm software from a Treo 600 installed? There has to be a USB driver for the Treo to get anything to work. Missing Sync is generic and not specific to the Treo, it doesn't have any driver. It doesn't even have a conduit or anything for iCal and AddressBook. It depends on the iSync conduit (unless it's changed from what I saw in 4.0).

So, you must have something installed. Not to raise alarm, but if I were you I would definitely install the Palm software to make sure I had the latest driver for the Treo 650 just to be safe, even if you don't intend to use Palm Desktop.

You are right .
    I have used my T 600 with my powerbook using palmdesktop.
    yup, I got my unlocked today and I agree with you, the volume is pretty low.
    You really need to concentrate to hear something. is it just ours or all the unlocked have this problem?

I sold my Sprint 650 a few days ago and my GSM Treo 600 a couple of months ago.

It could be my imagination but the unlocked GSM Treo 650 sure seems like it's got lower volume than the other two. It certainly has more background hiss than the Sprint. That's seems like it's a generic GSM thing, but the 650 just seems to have slightly louder hiss than I remember. I haven't called enough people yet to form a complete opinion.

On the bright side, one of the really poor aspects of the Sprint 650 was the volume was too low through a bluetooth headset. While not enough to cause deafness, the volume through a bluetooth headset (Sony Ericsson HBH-660) is much louder on the unlocked GSM 650. Haven't had a chance to test it in a loud car yet, but it's definitely much louder.
    Specimen,

Simply love every minute with this beautiful toy.
    Downloaded Agendus without any problems.
    Real player works great.
    Great Camera.....
    No regrets for the money spent .
    Not parting with this baby for at least 2 years ...., Yeah will see..
    I feel sorry for my T 600.

---------------------------------------
    Eagerly waiting from my first reset ....
    Congrats S-38, I am still very happy and no resets on First handset and Fourth handset doing great too. Low sound volume on Locked, hmm, I didn't notice that, will have to check. I would notice low volume as I am a bit hard of hearing.

I am so dead tired after all my reponsibilities at work. One wonderful Cing/P1 650 experience, 1 not so good Cing/P1 650 experience. New computer, new programs and hardware, crash, crash, crash, and Family member bit the dust Monday . Rough Month. But,

Viva Las Vegas! I am going Friday.