Page 6 of 63 FirstFirst 12345678910111656 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by koolio
    Nice catch/find! I also noticed the pic was uploaded on Jan. 26 @ 12:26pm...
    I've been looking all this week, and it finally appeared on their server .

Man...if only I could afford it...
    Current setup: myTouch 4G Slide (main), hp Pre2 and Veer 4G (backups)
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    yeah, but you arent a real person.
    Hey don't ignore me because I am a monkey....
    Oh someone asked about the P key, mine is softer than the other keys around it. How about the rest of you?
    I tried ordering from cingular today, and was told that they hadn't announced the treo 650, but will be next week and can order then. Can you guys that got your 650's take pictures, or give us detailed review to try and help us that don't have them yet to stay enthused, it's been a long wait.... Thanx,
    Well, now that you received your GSM T650, at least those of you with AT&T, is it EDGE capable? Did you check your speed?
    I just signed up for media works through cingular for 19.95 a month, has anyone that had this service with cingular still have it working with their 650, and getting edge speeds?
    I have posted speeds in this thread and the previous one about waiting.

the device is an EDGE class 10 class B.

it can do a max of 4 EDGE timeslots on the downlink one uplink (or class 10 allows for 3 down two up also, but I don't know if this is supported or not).
    Quote Originally Posted by soccrnj80
    I just signed up for media works through cingular for 19.95 a month, has anyone that had this service with cingular still have it working with their 650, and getting edge speeds?
    As many other people have posted, I do not think there is any way (or if there is it isn't being used) to turn off EDGE for some users. Data is data as far as I know, if you have an EDGE device, you get EDGE service. I do not have the mdeia works plan so I can not comment directly on that. Shouldn't be an issue though.
    I remember when I used dslreports.com/mspeed on my treo 600 is was like 22kbit, I was trying to fined ur speeds but didnt find them. What is the fastest u have gotten so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    Ok, try using loading this file (use filez or other means of loading it, hotsync won't work) and tell me if it enables the DUN display...
    The phone reboots when I hit the "Setup Devices" button. Sorry... Let me know if you need more information.
    Quote Originally Posted by Milo Bloom
    The phone reboots when I hit the "Setup Devices" button. Sorry... Let me know if you need more information.

Sincere thanks Milo Bloom,
    You are experimenting with the precious and the only one GSMT650 this board has now, so that the life of other Treo's can be improved.

This happens on the CDMA ones also. After it resets reinstall the prc file again and then it works (at least on CDMA units). No idea why you have to install the file twice, but this is 100% consistent for me on the Sprint unit I have.

Quote Originally Posted by Milo Bloom
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    so does shadowmites hack look like it's gonna help us 650 gsm users like his hack did for sprint?
    Yes, do tell me what happens when you use it... Do you get the DUN option now? Does it work? Try to follow the same rules and guidelines as the CDMA version of the hack...
    Shadowmite, I try to read as many threads on this forum as I can each day.

You finally unlock the potential of this device! I am excited to see what the T650 can do already but having you unlock the complete potential is awsome!

@P1 -> just spend your time on staying ahead of the market and let us use the full potential of your devices (BT and especially WLAN!!!).

Shadowmite, I really thoroughly hope that you find a way to enable the WLAN SD cards on the GSM 650 as well!

Thanks, Julian
    Business Case for the Treo 650?
    - Cam-Phone, PDA, MP3 player, GPS navigation, Remote Control for my Home Entertainment (TVedia), VoIP-Phone, USB Stick
    Quote Originally Posted by helpermonkey
    Oh someone asked about the P key, mine is softer than the other keys around it. How about the rest of you?
    Great- I returned my 2nd Treo to Sprint for this reason. My third one has the SAME issue, and 3 others checked in the store did as well.

If it is like my first one, it will eventually turn into a key constantly inputing a letter P. This is not a good thing. If EVERY Treo is like this we are in BIG trouble.
  17.    #117  
    Thanks bcaslis...I did not know that. I will re-think it.
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis
    You do realize it would be locked to AT&T? And AT&T never ever unlocks their phone. You lose one of the biggest advantages of GSM by doing this.
  18.    #118  
    Thanks.... I appreciate your supportive spirit.
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    sorry...i keep putting my foot in my mouth lately.

Congrats all!!!
  19.    #119  
    We share your joy. Congrats. Khart...Thanks for sparking us with hope that we will soon get ours. Questions: Did you have to get a new line of service? New number?
    Quote Originally Posted by khart214
    Well I got my treo 650 today, and I have to say this is the most beautifully designed phone I have ever seen. I have not noticed any of the problems noted in the cdma version. I dont have a bluetooth equipment yet so am unable to give details on that.

I am so happy with this phone
  20.    #120  
    I hope this thread remains positive, constructive and upbeat. We are graced with the presence of many knowledgeable people with important things to contribue, not to mention Shadowmite.

When the CDMA version of the "Precious" as described by Mtreosexual, GSMers quietly retreated to the sanctity of one thread while we "new stickies posted" and "whining" day after day. We celebrated the fact that the 650 had been released, but our joy was post-posted. Now that we are on the verge of getting a GSM release -- it really makes you wonder why we are getting flamed by CDMAers.

I would like to stay focus here. There are some things we want to accomplish such as DUN and perhaps WIFI drivers. Who knows what could happen?
    Last edited by specimen38; 01/28/2005 at 09:03 AM.