Page 59 of 63 FirstFirst ... 94954555657585960616263 LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 1254
    Played with it for last few hours.
    Absolutely Flawless...........
    Mr Ed , I do not find it slippery as you had stated.
    The 'P' key works fine .
    T mobile SIM worked without any glitches .
    Transferred most of my stuff from T 600 using IR
    Works great .
    Phone volume and reception way much better than Sprint Treo .
    No rattling sound .
    Hey , I am happy that my unit is without any faults so far.
    I m afraid of downloading Agendus ...
    Got my unlocked GSM 650 today. I love it so far, but I do have a couple of concerns. The speaker volume is horrible, I really thought it would be louder. Didn't I read about a patch for the volume some where on this site? I think it was for the CDMA 650, but could I still use that? The external speaker also crackles at certain times, like I've got the ringer set to 6 and I can hear an odd pop and static sound at the end of some tones. It's really weird, the notes I would think would cause the little speaker problems (extream lows, low-mids, or really loud extream highs) don't seem to always be the notes triggering the "crackle".

I think I will really dig it though. I'm going to mess with the voice patch, but if I can't get the speaker thing fix up, I will be sending this one back to Palm. I waited this long for one, I can wait a bit longer for a GOOD one.
    writing from my couch, trying hard to ignore a migraine about to overpower the excedrin... but how on earth can I tell my new baby treo, "not tonight, dear, I have a headache" when she hasn't even been in my hands for twelve hours yet?? okay, okay...bedtime it is. thank you, obsessive phone toy nerds, for turning me on to this amazing gadget. I am forever in your debt.
    -ae
    If animals are deprived of hope ... they are compensated by being given an almost endless patience for enduring, or simply for waiting. - Joseph Wood Krutch
    Beloved old unbranded GSM 650 shorting out and retired.
    Now happily driving the Black Euro GSM Centro. Yum.
    I ordered a GSM 650 from PalmOne ten days ago. On PalmOne's order-status page, for the first 6 days my order status was "back ordered", and for the last 4 days it has been "carrier credit check". I'm getting a bit impatient -- how long does it take for Cingular to finish their credit check?
  5.    #1165  
    High Five......(fiving' you)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtreosexual
    Ya Ha Ha Ha ......
    Oh Ye .....
    "Precious" in my hands after a long wait on this fine Valentine'sday ......
    Charging as we speak ......
    It 's going to be a long warm night .
    Off i go ..
    (Closes the door)..

BTW Fedex buffoon dropped the box in front of my door despite a large notice stating not to do so .
    Poor baby had to wait for hours for me to come back from work.. :
  6.    #1166  
    Great reporting....more if you have it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtreosexual
    Played with it for last few hours.
    Absolutely Flawless...........
    Mr Ed , I do not find it slippery as you had stated.
    The 'P' key works fine .
    T mobile SIM worked without any glitches .
    Transferred most of my stuff from T 600 using IR
    Works great .
    Phone volume and reception way much better than Sprint Treo .
    No rattling sound .
    Hey , I am happy that my unit is without any faults so far.
    I m afraid of downloading Agendus ...
  7.    #1167  
    My Treo GSM 650 comes tomorrow! I will post up to 999 tonight and then save my 1000th post announcing I have it.
    Quote Originally Posted by specimen38
    My Treo GSM 650 comes tomorrow! I will post up to 999 tonight and then save my 1000th post announcing I have it.
    what an excellent way to make 1000 Mine came today. I went to work 4hrs early..not to actually work, but to meet "nano," my new unlocked GSM Treo 650.
    ooooh, look at the shiny Copper Treo 680
    LOL, should we taunt S38 to make him post prematurely????
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    As I often tell people, PDAs are not fun until they have your data. Having installed my SIM in the 650 and demonstrated that I can make a call, can access some web sites, and cannot access the ones that Cingular puts on the device, I am ready to move on.

The instructions for those of us that already have a PDA is to sync the old device using the old desktop software, install the new software and sync the new device with the old device name.

It seems as though I will have to pare my 600 configuration in order to be able to sync my 650. I really do not want to destroy my 600 in order to go to the 650. Anyone have any ideas?

I have 2800 contacts. I expect sync to fail. Can anyone tell me how it will fail?

I have about 80 bookmarks. Many are saved query pages. Anyone remember how to port bookmarks?
    Last edited by whmurray; 02/15/2005 at 01:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray
    It seems as though I will have to pare my 600 configuration in order to be able to sync my 650. I really do not want to destroy my 600 in order to go to the 650. Anyone have any ideas?

I have 2800 contacts. I expect sync to fail. Can anyone tell me how it will fail?

I have about 80 bookmarks. Many are saved query pages. Anyone remember how to port bookmarks?
    do one final sync of the 600. put it aside.

rename the backup folder.
    sync the 650. your contacts should sync, but with 2800 contacts, you may not have a lot of space left.
    in you backup folder, you should have a bookmark.pdb. sync it.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    We'll all be lucky if it gets lost in shipping!
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    Could happen. Mine was scheduled for delivery by 3pm today. FedEx.com tracking showed a "delivery exception" - it made it to the local facility but apparently missed the truck out at 12:18pm. Called FedEx about 2:45pm and CSR said there was fog in Memphis this morning and then they didn't have enough couriers to deliver it today. Said I could go to the local facility and pick it up. At 4:00, just before heading out to get it, to be safe I checked tracking again and it now shows that it was placed on a truck at 12:52 for delivery. So I called FedEx again and different CSR said it's going to be delivered today and they work until they're all delivered. Now I'm going to have to sit around in the elevator bank lobby (all night if necessary) to wait for the driver. No way I'm letting it get back into the system. Feel like I'm dealing with P1 reps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    do one final sync of the 600. put it aside.

rename the backup folder.
    sync the 650. your contacts should sync, but with 2800 contacts, you may not have a lot of space left.
    in you backup folder, you should have a bookmark.pdb. sync it.
    Thank you. That is very helpful.

Today I learned to use LauncherX to move applications to the SD Card and run them from there; have had it for a long time but really did not know how to use it. Necessity is a helpful prod to learning. I have moved everything that will move. However, I still have only 7M free. Some things, e.g., will not run from there and must be copied back to run.

I have decided to pare my contacts before synching.
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    I, for one, hope Spec38 gets it tomorrow and then writes up a great review for all new 650 users.

Good luck, bro.
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
  16.    #1176  
    It did not get lost. It came in time for my:
    1000th post

BAM#@%#^
    Whoa^&r$%
    SmAsH!

It's Here!
    I Received My GSM 650. Who's With Me?
    -------------------------------------------
    Shout Outs To:
    Mtreo = It's the "Precious"
    100th = Who Will Deliver Me EDGE? Treo 650
    MisterED = EDGE =MediaWorks (forgive the faithless)
    cglaguna = California knows how to party
    whmurray = There's not a 600 that can stand up to 650
    helpermonk = ports away.....we're blastin' data
    MacUser = It's here...today
    bcalis = You are as classy as they come
    Rtalian = let's break open a cold one.
    Don't be upset if I did not list your name. I got nothing but love for ya...
    Last edited by specimen38; 02/15/2005 at 11:11 PM.
  17.    #1177  
    SAY! I Like my new GSM!
    I DO! I LIKE IT, GSM FRIENDS!
    AND I WOULD TAKE IT ON A BOAT.
    AND I WOULD USE IT WITH A GOAT...
    AND I WILL SHELTER IT, IN THE RAIN.
    AND IN THE DARK. AND ON A TRAIN.
    AND IN A CAR. AND IN A TREE.
    THEY ARE SO GOOD, SO GOOD, YOU SEE!
    SO I WILL USE IT IN A BOX.
    AND I WILL USE IT WITH A FOX.
    AND I WILL USE IT IN A HOUSE.
    AND I WILL USE IT WITH A MOUSE.
    AND I WILL USE IT HERE AND THERE.
    SAY! I WILL USE IT ANYWHERE!
    I DO SO LIKE MY GSM!
    THANK YOU! THANK YOU, 650 FRIENDS.

I would have posted earlier, but I got injured playing basketball today in a league of old men. The 650 came early in the morning, but I was at work. Hind-sight....I should have had it delivered to my office. So work, injury and hospitial visit post-poned the expediancy of sharing my joy with you all
    Last edited by specimen38; 02/15/2005 at 11:25 PM.
    THe T650 came in a day early by Fedex ground. Yipee... Just finished doing the setup of it for the last few hours. Here are initial impressions.
    Looks great, feels good, tastes.... well..
    Decided to do a clean install instead of bringing over the stuff from the 600 - many of the apps were out of date anyhow...
    No issues so far. Possibly had one reset - the back cover feels ever so slightly loose - not as solid as 600. keys feel ok - getting used to them. Nav buttons are good as well - except i still keep reaching for the T600 menu key....

Pet gripes = the power/sync connector is very very cheesy and will probably not stand up the test of time. Palm really blew it on this one - the 600 power sync connector is much better quality and more protected from the elements. This change to a quasi- Motorola type connector is a poor poor choice. i am tempted to call Palm for anew sync cable because half the time it doesn't seat right - not a positive feel.

Lots of good reports though:
    the software interface is more mature - especially Blazer.
    I put the Cingular sim from the 600 in and off i went no setup at all - not even the WAP settings were necessary - true plug and play. Logged in to my MediaNet account and off I went.
    Wide page mode in Blazer is great - this is a true web surfing PDA.
    Have not tried tethered yet.
    ActiveSync works GREAT ! no issues at all syncing up to the work Exchange 2003 server using SSL.
    Versa Mail seems to be a lot more mature than the 600 versions I used.
    Waiting for the free SD card before Zlaunching and setting up the rest of the apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by hdtvman
    .......Pet gripes = the power/sync connector is very very cheesy and will probably not stand up the test of time. Palm really blew it on this one - the 600 power sync connector is much better quality and more protected from the elements. This change to a quasi- Motorola type connector is a poor poor choice. i am tempted to call Palm for anew sync cable because half the time it doesn't seat right - not a positive feel.......
    Agree. For the first 24 hours I grieved over this. Then yesterday I got an e-mail from PalmOne offering to sell me a short power and sync cord like the one on which I have come to rely on the 600. I think this will address a large part of this problem.
    It did not get lost. It came in time for my:
    1000th post

BAM#@%#^
    Whoa^&r$%
    SmAsH!

It's Here!
    I Received My GSM 650. Who's With Me?
    Shout Outs To:
    Mtreo = It's the "Precious"
    100th = Who Will Deliver Me EDGE? Treo 650
    MisterED = EDGE =MediaWorks (forgive the faithless)
    cglaguna = California knows how to party
    whmurray = There's not a 600 that can stand up to 650
    helpermonk = ports away.....we're blastin' data
    MacUser = It's here...today
    bcalis = You are as classy as they come
    Rtalian = let's break open a cold one.
    Don't be upset if I did not list your name. I got nothing but love for ya...
    Perhaps. However, I find it less than compelling. It is certainly not the improvement that the 600 was over the 270. After 72 hours I am still on the 600, appreciating it, and in no hurry to get converted.

That said, I am making progress, gaining confidence, and may make the move in a week or so. (Not likely to move until I get the new usb sync/power cable. The standard cable set is only slightly better than nothing at all. It is not as good as the standard cable set on the 270 or 600 and I did not like them much either.) Also, I have to pare the size of my contacts list.

After moving everything on the 600 to the SD card, I still have only 7M free. I do not think that that is enough room for the native applications on the 650. Over 25 years my contacts have grown from a flat file of 40 names (VM/CMS on and IBM 370) to a database of 2800. So far I am through the As. Yes, I admit that 2800 is excessive. One can often find something on the internet in less time than it takes to figure out whether or not it is in a database of 2800. It is long over due for being weeded out. However, it is a big job and may take a long time. (One really should not have to throw away one's data to "upgrade.")

Would like a replacement battery cover with a little hole in it over the reset button. The cover was not intuitive; had to resort to RTFM in order to get it off.

I like the new keyboard and navigation buttons. I am sure that I will get used to them very quickly. The keyboard is much easier on the eyes than the 600; important even to those of us with good vision.

The camera is useable.