Page 58 of 63 FirstFirst ... 8485354555657585960616263 LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 1254
    got it! wow, really nice so far. made my first call with tmobile. no problems.

fun time.
    Does gprs have a time sync? I know it is an option on the clock, but I never have had a Cingular phone that got the time from the network. Well then again, I have had Treos for the past 5 years.

hmmm can anyone confirm we are getting time from the network?
    Sweet, I just dropped my Cingular SIM into my newly arrived unlocked Treo 650--and it configured everything, and works like a charm!

Sweet phone!
    If you have that option checked in preferences, then yes.
    Got my unlocked 650 on Saturday, even though the box said it was supposed to be delivered today (THANK YOU FEDEX!!!!!). They made me very happy! I have been playing, and so far, the only problem I had was when I transferred my apps from my Zodiac 2 to the Treo, I ran out of memory... took a hard reset to stop the infinite loop it was in. Learning lesson... :-)
    Renee Roberts
    renee@portable-essentials.com

:-D
    Btw, this very minute I received an email from cingular. If you follow the link through, they are still selling the $25 MEdia net.

http://www.cingular.com/treo650
    Quote Originally Posted by lep354
    If you have that option checked in preferences, then yes.
    Regarding Network time, then if that is the case why do my two Treo 650's have different times with both boxes checked? I have not touched the time in two days.
    Getting really frustrated. If I'd ordered an unlocked phone I'd have had it by now. I placed my Cingular Treo order on 2/4, Palm didn't send my info to Cingular for carrier authorization until 2/9, and as of 2/14 I'm still not even authorized by Cingular! ARGH. Then, of course, there's the fact that they're back ordered too. *sigh*
    Which is why I bought an unlocked Treo (Got it for the $599 price, too!).
    Renee Roberts
    renee@portable-essentials.com

:-D
    Fedex delivered my 650 to my work at 12pm PST. When I turned it on, the language was set to Italian. I ended up performing a hard reset to bring up the language selection screen and everything works fine now. I popped in my T-mobile sim and everything seems to work perfectly so far. When I get home, I will begin loading up some apps. This is my first Palm device and I can't wait to figure out all the cool things it can do!
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna
    Does gprs have a time sync? I know it is an option on the clock, but I never have had a Cingular phone that got the time from the network. Well then again, I have had Treos for the past 5 years.

hmmm can anyone confirm we are getting time from the network?
    I'm glad this feature is finally in GSM Treos. I was dumbfounded when I got my 600 and found it could not get the time from the GSM network (like every GSM phone does.)
    I checked the box and it now has the correct time and date. I never set the date and time myself, so it must have gotten it from Cingular.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh
    I'm glad this feature is finally in GSM Treos. I was dumbfounded when I got my 600 and found it could not get the time from the GSM network (like every GSM phone does.)
    I checked the box and it now has the correct time and date. I never set the date and time myself, so it must have gotten it from Cingular.
    I too am glad that this function is in place. It will be interesting to see what happens when I get off a plane in another time zone.

The network feature that I would like to see is location. The Palm VII network would return to the PDA the zip code of the cell that it was talking to. Applications like the Starbucks locator could take this zip code as an argument and return a list of Starbucks locations in that zip code as a function.
    Quote Originally Posted by FletchFFletch
    Can anyone verify whether or not the FedEx "standard overnight" shipping option requires a signiture at delivery?
    My guy left it while I was in bed. Go figure...
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
    Quote Originally Posted by joegillis
    got it! wow, really nice so far. made my first call with tmobile. no problems.

fun time.
    What are your data speeds like? I used DSLreports. I'm not sure I'm going to keep Cingular if TMobile speeds are good.
    Thanks
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    Ya Ha Ha Ha ......
    Oh Ye .....
    "Precious" in my hands after a long wait on this fine Valentine'sday ......
    Charging as we speak ......
    It 's going to be a long warm night .
    Off i go ..
    (Closes the door)..

BTW Fedex buffoon dropped the box in front of my door despite a large notice stating not to do so .
    Poor baby had to wait for hours for me to come back from work.. :
    Last edited by Mtreosexual; 02/14/2005 at 05:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtreosexual
    Ya Ha Ha Ha ......
    Oh Ye .....
    "Precious" in my hands after a long wait on this fine Valentine'day ......
    Charging as we speak ......
    It 's going to be a long warm night .
    Off i go ..
    (Closes the door)..

BTW Fedex Buffoon dropped the box in front of my door despite a large notice stating not to do so .
    Poor baby had to wait for hours for me to come back from work.. :
    Where did you want him to drop it?
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    My plan was to go and "receive" from the Fedex Office.
    Global Posts
    805 Global Posts
    Ah, 6 hours of tinkering later, I think I've got a pretty stable image of (almost) all the stuff I want running on my Treo! No random resets, ChatterEmail working smoothly, SMS and MMS working great. Even phone calls tested out and sound good. Gonna carry my Motorola V620 around for a few more days in case the Treo goes south and I need a phone, but I think all is good for now!

http://photos.leesoft.com/albums/mis...2/DSC_6837.jpg
    dont no when it arrived at work, but i got it at 11am.

spent the next 4 hours arranging stuff.

so, so does the time thing work with gsm/tmobile? has anyone actually had the time change?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.