Page 55 of 63 FirstFirst ... 5455051525354555657585960 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1254
    I can't stop myself. I went into the Cingular store and walked out with a 650. It was the last one there. They said that you do NOT get EDGE when you use the MEdia Works plan. You ONLY get it with their $40 pda plan.

I figured I'd see how good EDGE is until Monday. If I keep it, it will be $200 cheaper than the one shipping from PalmOne. Is DUN worth $200? I'll have to ponder that.
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
    Return it! It is evil!

I don't think there is any way they can control EDGE to a particular account. It's a hardware thing and I've never see anyone show any proof that this is the case. There are certainly people here seeing EDGE speeds on a Cingular Treo 650.

One other thing for the unlocked GSM. I was poking around palmOne support while waiting for the unlocked. According to their webpages, the unlocked does not require the bluetooth car patch while all other versions do. This leads me to believe that the bluetooth version in the unlocked one is a later/better/fixed version of the bluetooth software in the other versions of the 650. When I get mine on Monday I'll be able to tell better, but another reason to return the EVIL cingular version!

Quote Originally Posted by MacUser
    I can't stop myself. I went into the Cingular store and walked out with a 650. It was the last one there. They said that you do NOT get EDGE when you use the MEdia Works plan. You ONLY get it with their $40 pda plan.

I figured I'd see how good EDGE is until Monday. If I keep it, it will be $200 cheaper than the one shipping from PalmOne. Is DUN worth $200? I'll have to ponder that.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis
    Return it! It is evil!

I don't think there is any way they can control EDGE to a particular account. It's a hardware thing and I've never see anyone show any proof that this is the case. There are certainly people here seeing EDGE speeds on a Cingular Treo 650.

One other thing for the unlocked GSM. I was poking around palmOne support while waiting for the unlocked. According to their webpages, the unlocked does not require the bluetooth car patch while all other versions do. This leads me to believe that the bluetooth version in the unlocked one is a later/better/fixed version of the bluetooth software in the other versions of the 650. When I get mine on Monday I'll be able to tell better, but another reason to return the EVIL cingular version!
    According to other post the unlocked unbranded Palmone Treo 650's have a latter firmware version then the Cingular or ATTWS Treos..
    Bullshoot! (For the 1000th time).
    They said that you do NOT get EDGE when you use the MEdia Works plan. You ONLY get it with their $40 pda plan.
    Which post (or what is the firmware details?)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayswj
    According to other post the unlocked unbranded Palmone Treo 650's have a latter firmware version then the Cingular or ATTWS Treos..
    1. I have Mediaworks on Cingular with an unlocked 650 - I have Edge - always about 116 kbps. Same as I had on the AT&T one I am sending back.
    2. I have the Palmone Jabra bluetooth headset - volume is incredibly loud. I have been waiting until more folk have the unlocked to post - but I believe the volume problem is gone in the uncrippled bluetooth.
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis
    Return it! It is evil!

Treo 750 and iPhone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Levyesq
    1. I have Mediaworks on Cingular with an unlocked 650 - I have Edge - always about 116 kbps. Same as I had on the AT&T one I am sending back.
    2. I have the Palmone Jabra bluetooth headset - volume is incredibly loud. I have been waiting until more folk have the unlocked to post - but I believe the volume problem is gone in the uncrippled bluetooth.
    That is good to hear about the P1 Jabra headset. I was looking at it but figured I would wait until I get my 650 (On V-day) to see if I would want a BT headset. Where did you buy your headset at? I noticed that TC sells it for under $90 and they ship the items real fast, at least with my experience.
    I got it at the Palm Cafe at Valley Fair mall in San Jose, California. They gave it to me for free to match to online deal, but I think no one else was able to get it for free from them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbie
    That is good to hear about the P1 Jabra headset. I was looking at it but figured I would wait until I get my 650 (On V-day) to see if I would want a BT headset. Where did you buy your headset at? I noticed that TC sells it for under $90 and they ship the items real fast, at least with my experience.
    Treo 750 and iPhone.
    What is your firmware versions? In one post someone who got an unlocked in hong kong reported 1.05 I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Levyesq
    I got it at the Palm Cafe at Valley Fair mall in San Jose, California. They gave it to me for free to match to online deal, but I think no one else was able to get it for free from them.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Argh! If only the USPS Parcel Select would have updated earlier! According to the tracking page, my Treo is at my local post office, scanned in at 12:40pm! That would have been too late for delivery out today as my carrier surely goes out earlier than that. Would I have know it was in my post office, I would have WALKED there and picked it up!
    Quote Originally Posted by Id10t4T600
    Ill be happy to provide it to Shadowmite.
    Can you copy and post your btmanager.prc from your phone? PPPPlease.... I would love to try on one of the many Cingular locked units I have access to. L8R, and TIA
    The firmware on my unlocked 650 is 01.14. The software is Treo650-1.05-ROW. The hardware is A.
    I sent the btmanager (hope it was the right file) to shadowmite. Don't want to post it and cause any distress to Treocentral.
    Treo 750 and iPhone.
    i did the express shipping on my treo instead of the overnight... seems like the page link on the order status to tracking doesn't work. anybody have this issue?
    Ordered my GSM on wednesday the 9th. Paid for overnight. Got my shipping email yesterday. But no shipping info available at the time. Went back to P1 to check on it today...it's already at the Fedex ramp here. It will be a VERY HAPPY VD.
    I wonder if shadowmite would be able to do the rom customization on the GSM now that the P1 insider got canned?
  16.    #1096  
    It has been a long time coming. The device I am getting comes directly from Cingular. My order with PalmOne was not approved by Cingular B2B. I don't know how they do that, but PalmOne sent me this "we regret being unable to serve you letter" saying when they applied for a Cingular subscription it was rejected. I then called Cingular B2B and they ordered me one. I would have like an unbranded, unlocked phone, but I did not want to tie up $700.

Good to hear that you are enjoying your phone. Thanks for that Docs To Go info. I use that a lot on my Tungsten T3. It's a mission critical app for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddyof3
    Glad to hear you are about to bark on a journey of excitement! I did want you to know, it does come with docs to go 7, but it is not installed like you wondered. You have to install it. Congrats! I got my 650 about a week ago, and the enthusiasm still hasn't worn down yet.
    Sure, he's got the files and is looking over them
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Quote Originally Posted by specimen38
    It has been a long time coming. The device I am getting comes directly from Cingular. My order with PalmOne was not approved by Cingular B2B. I don't know how they do that, but PalmOne sent me this "we regret being unable to serve you letter" saying when they applied for a Cingular subscription it was rejected. I then called Cingular B2B and they ordered me one. I would have like an unbranded, unlocked phone, but I did not want to tie up $700.
    I now have a Cingular 650 and a PalmOne unbranded coming tomorrow. Will DUN work with the Cingular phone?

Also, my speeds have varied a lot using their PDA plan: 8kbit/sec to 110. The man in the store said 200's to 300. Should I drop down to the MEWorks plan or will I get banged with a big bill? The CS rep said many ports are blocked on the MEWorks plan AND I would NOT get EDGE speed. What is the real story??

Lastly, when I got home and charged the Cingular 650 I started checking it out and found someone had sent emails and taken a few pictures. To my and my wife's surprise, there were pictures of a man's private parts emailed to a woman over and over. I called the store and they apologized profusely. The rep said he would talk to his manager Monday and see what they can do for me. I told him I had people there looking at my new "birthday" present and we were all shocked! Any ideas how they can "make this up to me"?

Thanks
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
    I now have a Cingular 650 and a PalmOne unbranded coming tomorrow. Will DUN work with the Cingular phone?

Also, my speeds have varied a lot using their PDA plan: 8kbit/sec to 110. The man in the store said 200's to 300. Should I drop down to the MEWorks plan or will I get banged with a big bill? The CS rep said many ports are blocked on the MEWorks plan AND I would NOT get EDGE speed. What is the real story??

Lastly, when I got home and charged the Cingular 650 I started checking it out and found someone had sent emails and taken a few pictures. To my and my wife's surprise, there were pictures of a man's private parts emailed to a woman over and over. I called the store and they apologized profusely. The rep said he would talk to his manager Monday and see what they can do for me. I told him I had people there looking at my new "birthday" present and we were all shocked! Any ideas how they can "make this up to me"?

Thanks
    Opps did I send that to you? I wondered where that went. JK

See what they offer you, it will probably be credit. I have been with them a long time. Let me tell you, if they offer you $50, say could you make it $50 off the next three months. The won't give you $150, but somehow they don't get that $50 three times is the same as $150 one time.
    You know it kills me, For three months these peopel have been telling us we couldn't get Media Works for $19.95 a month period. They told us we couldn't get EDGE speeds. The told us P1 wouldn't release at the same time an unlocked version. They told us it wouldn't release on the 27th and they that Cingular wouldn't release on the 4th.

We need a thread for all of (those) people including those who were so anti and now are telling people the same thing WE told people two months ago.

I ask you guys to please start a thread,
    "I was wrong. Who's With Me?"