Page 52 of 63 FirstFirst ... 242474849505152535455565762 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1254
    MacUser, specimen38, Mtreosexual, &, of course, whmurray (boobookins, I'm sure you'll join in, too)..
    I'm getting very close to that point & would probably have been there today, had it not been for distracting myself w/ another project. I've been trying to set up my Linux server at home so that I can stream TV from there to work (all that's left is sound ). I think this break has actually given me a few more days of ability to withstand this awful wait. I hope not to really lose it until next Wed morning, at which time, I don't know what will happen. Hopefully, I will have my shiny new unlocked GSM Treo 650 by then, & all will be well. I agree, though, that whmurray's backhands to every single pro- or even neutral-P1 comment seem more & more justified each day. [Insert uplifting statement(s) here]
    ooooh, look at the shiny Copper Treo 680
    I found the Cingular MEdia Works Unlimited for $19.99 on Cingular.com this morning so I ordered the Treo650 and printed everything out, now if I can get them to honer it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rtalian
    MacUser, specimen38, Mtreosexual, &, of course, whmurray (boobookins, I'm sure you'll join in, too)..
    I'm getting very close to that point & would probably have been there today, had it not been for distracting myself w/ another project. I've been trying to set up my Linux server at home so that I can stream TV from there to work (all that's left is sound ). I think this break has actually given me a few more days of ability to withstand this awful wait. I hope not to really lose it until next Wed morning, at which time, I don't know what will happen. Hopefully, I will have my shiny new unlocked GSM Treo 650 by then, & all will be well. I agree, though, that whmurray's backhands to every single pro- or even neutral-P1 comment seem more & more justified each day. [Insert uplifting statement(s) here]
    I agree with all of you, EXCEPT that P1 said allow 1 to 2 weeks before orders ship and 2 weeks haven't expired until Tuesday. If people who ordered monday night/tuesday moring (feb 1 basically) don't see their order status changed to "shipped" by this tuesday then P1 deserves the full wrath of ALL of us! Until then I think we're just being impatient. Understandably impatient of course because on the other hand watching Sprint users order since November and Cingular users get shipped all last week has been more than a little frustrating.

(I'm already pissed because twice I was bumped to the end of the order line so in spite of placing my first order tuesday feb 1 at 6:30am my latest order didn't get placed till this past monday adding a full week to my wait, but I can deal as long as I see you guys start to get your phones next week.)
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
  4.    #1024  
    Echo2400,

I am sorry to hear that. As you might have read in this threads and others, Cingular stores have been selling 650's for a week or so. Perhaps in your area it was rolled out later.
    Quote Originally Posted by echo2400
    I went to Cingular today they wont have treo 650 till 14th, wouldn't sale it with MEdia works. Yesterday on cingular.com they offered MEdia works for 1999 unlimited today it is 3MB limit with a $.01 per kb charge. Cingular and Palm one lost me as a customer.
    I got my Treo 650 yesterday from Cingular directly - I found (1) sales rep out of a LOT of dopes who doens't have his head shoved so far up his ... that he actually knows what he's doing for once.

He'll actually respond over email, and was able to get me one overnighted with everything I needed: juan_rodriguez2@cingular.com

I had so many issues trying to get the general Cingular Sales monkey to help me that I just about gave up until I got this guy. - There are some 800 or so in stock as of today which i'm sure will disappear quick.

Only had it for a little bit, but thus far no complaints except the DUN i can't get working with the patch thats on the net. - Waiting for a memory card to see if that does the trick.

-Cen3
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    JUAN_RODRIGUEZ2@CINGULAR.COM on Thu, 10 Feb 2005 16:08:54 -0600
    The recipient name is not recognized
    The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=us;a=
    ;p=bellsouth;l=S30004D0042530502102208DMYVNHJQ
    MSEXCH:IMS:BellSouth:BSCC:S30004D004253 0 (000C05A6) Unknown Recipient

Quote Originally Posted by cen3
    I got my Treo 650 yesterday from Cingular directly - I found (1) sales rep out of a LOT of dopes who doens't have his head shoved so far up his ... that he actually knows what he's doing for once.

He'll actually respond over email, and was able to get me one overnighted with everything I needed: juan_rodriguez2@cingular.com

-Cen3
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    I should add, mine is being charged right now.
    Just got Mine from cingular business systems this morning
  9.    #1030  
    Congratulations. Yippee. After you charge it up, tell us what you like the most about it? Also, tell me if Documents ToGo comes installed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Barney
    Just got Mine from cingular business systems this morning
  10.    #1031  
    I guarantee you that he is a former AT&T customer service rep.
    Quote Originally Posted by cen3

I had so many issues trying to get the general Cingular Sales monkey to help me that I just about gave up until I got this guy. - There are some 800 or so in stock as of today which i'm sure will disappear quick.

Only had it for a little bit, but thus far no complaints except the DUN i can't get working with the patch thats on the net. - Waiting for a memory card to see if that does the trick.

-Cen3
    S-38 you asked me a while back and I was on Vaca. So now after a week with my 650, I want to tell you this.

I love it. The screen resolution is fantastic, the camera is great and the sound quality is very good. They obviously had some fixes n with the GSM.
    Keyboard fantastic: Not only the shape, but the button pushes themselves very flexible but firm.

Inlcuding the whole bluetooth nightmare that I so dreaded reading about with those CDMAer's. I bought one of the dissed bluetooth earpieces (Moto 820) cuz I couldn't resist it at the Cingular Store. ( the only one they had) There is Zero bluetooth issue, at least with the GSM. It paired magically and the sound quality is great. The distance is not 30 feet, probably less than 10. The changes some people beeched about:
    Cheap sync connection (totally stupid complaint, pretty beefy and easier to identify right side up than the 600)
    Battery door: (no issues)
    Delay button pushes (Barely)

EDGE speeds Great! and finally prove all those stupid (can't use MEdia works) naysayers wrong.

Things that slightly bug:
    Current voice mail number corruption for many of us (maybe fixed tonight by tech support on the phone)
    Contacts birthday issue (shows up sometimes at wrong date, if you delete b-day icon in calendar, deletes entire contact.

Cingular unlocking my phones by Monday, I still need to send them my Imei numbers. Another miss by naysayers.

It's amazing all those predicting Palm 1 demise and no one can keep them in stock.
    I am jazzed!
    Hi guys,

I have to send my brand new Treo as soon as my brother gets it in the US to me in Germany. Since I do not want to loose any time, can somebody post the

size and weight of the parcel it shipped in?

I ordered some accessories as well, will my brother be able to fit a case for the treo and a headset in the box as well?

Thx in advance!
    Business Case for the Treo 650?
    - Cam-Phone, PDA, MP3 player, GPS navigation, Remote Control for my Home Entertainment (TVedia), VoIP-Phone, USB Stick
  13.    #1034  
    Treo 650 GSM
    size
    4.4 x 2.3 x 0.9 inches
    11.3 x 5.9 x 2.3 cm

weight
    6.3 oz. / 178 grams
    Quote Originally Posted by hugo
    Hi guys,

I have to send my brand new Treo as soon as my brother gets it in the US to me in Germany. Since I do not want to loose any time, can somebody post the

size and weight of the parcel it shipped in?

I ordered some accessories as well, will my brother be able to fit a case for the treo and a headset in the box as well?

Thx in advance!
  14.    #1035  
    I can't figure out all of the negativity. I noted everything you said and think we have been hearing very skewed subjective remarks. I believe you because I know how high your standards have been as presented in previous threads. I really love Felix.
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna
    S-38 you asked me a while back and I was on Vaca. So now after a week with my 650, I want to tell you this.

I love it. The screen resolution is fantastic, the camera is great and the sound quality is very good. They obviously had some fixes n with the GSM.
    Keyboard fantastic: [Yes] Not only the shape, but the button pushes themselves very flexible but firm.

[Yes] Inlcuding the whole bluetooth nightmare that I so dreaded reading about with those CDMAer's. I bought one of the dissed bluetooth earpieces (Moto 820) cuz I couldn't resist it at the Cingular Store. ( the only one they had) [Yes] There is Zero bluetooth issue, at least with the GSM. It paired magically and the sound quality is great. The distance is not 30 feet, probably less than 10. The changes some people beeched about:
    Cheap sync connection (totally stupid complaint, pretty beefy and easier to identify right side up than the 600)
    Battery door: (no issues)
    Delay button pushes (Barely)

[Yes] EDGE speeds Great! and finally prove all those stupid (can't use MEdia works) naysayers wrong.

Things that slightly bug:
    Current voice mail number corruption for many of us (maybe fixed tonight by tech support on the phone)
    Contacts birthday issue (shows up sometimes at wrong date, if you delete b-day icon in calendar, deletes entire contact.

[Yes] Cingular unlocking my phones by Monday, I still need to send them my Imei numbers. Another miss by naysayers.

[Yes] It's amazing all those predicting Palm 1 demise and no one can keep them in stock.
    I am jazzed!
  15.    #1036  
    A tally of Positive versus Negative Cingular Customer Service Treo 650 acquisition stories.

Yes.. a poll and a thread
    Thanks speciman. But I need the weight and size of the box and not the device!

Quote Originally Posted by specimen38
    Treo 650 GSM
    size
    4.4 x 2.3 x 0.9 inches
    11.3 x 5.9 x 2.3 cm

weight
    6.3 oz. / 178 grams
    Business Case for the Treo 650?
    - Cam-Phone, PDA, MP3 player, GPS navigation, Remote Control for my Home Entertainment (TVedia), VoIP-Phone, USB Stick
  17.    #1038  
    I was thinking that, when I read that. Thought you'd estimate -- probably no more than 12 ounces.
    Quote Originally Posted by hugo
    Thanks speciman. But I need the weight and size of the box and not the device!
    Just wanted to pop in and say, I hope on Monday I'll officially be able to post here as per the thread title
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
    Quote Originally Posted by specimen38
    I was thinking that, when I read that. Thought you'd estimate -- probably no more than 12 ounces.
    FedEx lists the package for mine as three pounds.
    ooooh, look at the shiny Copper Treo 680