Page 51 of 63 FirstFirst ... 41464748495051525354555661 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1254
    Quote Originally Posted by specimen38
    Welcome to Treo 650 dialogue!

How does AMEX work? Don't have to pay the entire balance at the end of the month?

Have you ever been able to use the insurance for a comparable item like the Treo 650? Or an item of greater value? This could be a good work insurance work around since so many people do not have insurance on the Treos.
    As another poster commented after my original post "It covers whatever was charged to the card but only for 90 days...." This is the insurance part of it, and yet it is basically "free insurance" theft, accidental damages, up to I believe $1000, I haven't read about the limits lately' As far as the "Warranty" goes, it does double up to 1year just like it sounds, device=1 year warranty, AMEX extends by 1 year warranty. THEY handle the second year however and yes I used it on a camcorder that broke while on a cruise, saltwater, sand, water, etc.... I also used the insurance with a bunch of xmas gifts that were stolen from a car a few years back. And yes you must pay in full each statement. L8R
    How much data will you really use each month? I really like the way PalmOne illustrates and estimates data usage in emails and webpages.

OMG !!!

I use 150k - 200k just to load an average webpage it seems. I bet I burn up that much in a few days easy.... Don't know for sure since i've just had the internet on mine since monday (yesterday) - Unlimited Internet thankfully!! L8R
    I get in the 25 MB range on average
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    re amex. i have a regular green card. if you but over a certain amount, you can choose to pay for it over time.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    How much data will you really use each month? I really like the way PalmOne illustrates and estimates data usage in emails and webpages.
    8MB to 19MB

Chatter
    Versamail
    Internet - moderate browsing
    Quote Originally Posted by MacUser
    Thank you all for the constructive advice. For the Cingular people, is there any advantage of ordering online over going to the Cingular store in the mall? I am guessing by going into a store, I can get the MW package for $19.99 unlimited internet, which they claim is still available as of Sunday. My only concern is that the mall Cingular didn't have any 650's in, thus I may not be able to get one before the 10th.
    I ordered via phone, they sent a 600, duh. I went to store bought a 650 last week and a 650 today. Check stores in your area daily (by phone). If they ask tell them you are a new activation and to hold it for you.
  7.    #1007  
    Has anyone heard anything from Vienna Channels? Remember it's a progam.... What is their story?
    Yea, I forgot about that, but I don't believe everyone gets that option. I think they offer it to after a period of time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    re amex. i have a regular green card. if you but over a certain amount, you can choose to pay for it over time.
    LOL ... the few emails from VC posted here over the last couple days has no information other then "we're waiting on P1." I'd love to get mine B4 the end of the month so I can return my ATT one and not be "Palmless" .... but I highly doubt that.
    Has anyone heard anything from Vienna Channels? Remember it's a progam.... What is their story?
    From the VC Website:

Dear Treo Mobility Roadshow'r
    You may have seen that Cingular brought the GSM Treo to market yesterday.

This means we'll soon be able to start sending GSM units to you.

But I need to set your expectations. Just about all of the first Treos will go to Cingular and ATT to make sure they have enough for the pent up demand.

As soon as I get my hands on your Treos they will be sent. I want this almost as much as you.

We'll post the delivery status on the web at www.viennachannels.com/palmoneevents and I'll send out the occasional status on email as well.

Thanks again for being interested in the Treo.

palmOne Marketing
    There's no doubt VC is at the very bottom of the food chain. I wouldn't doubt GSM shipments from them starting in early April. I think the Cingular stores will definitely get them first, which they're in short supply of at this time.
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
  12.    #1012  
    Remember! It's a program. You need not worry too much more. Heaven forbid you get a lemon and have to return it to PalmOne or Vienna Channels.
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    From the VC Website:

Dear Treo Mobility Roadshow'r
    You may have seen that Cingular brought the GSM Treo to market yesterday.

This means we'll soon be able to start sending GSM units to you.

But I need to set your expectations. Just about all of the first Treos will go to Cingular and ATT to make sure they have enough for the pent up demand.

As soon as I get my hands on your Treos they will be sent. I want this almost as much as you.

We'll post the delivery status on the web at www.viennachannels.com/palmoneevents and I'll send out the occasional status on email as well.

Thanks again for being interested in the Treo.

palmOne Marketing
    There's no doubt VC is at the very bottom of the food chain. I wouldn't doubt GSM shipments from them starting in early April. I think the Cingular stores will definitely get them first, which they're in short supply of at this time.
    As for warranty .... the VC model is covered just like any one you would buy from PalmOne off their website.

That's why I bought one from ATT. I had no doubt this would drag on for a while.

Remember! It's a program. You need not worry too much more. Heaven forbid you get a lemon and have to return it to PalmOne or Vienna Channels.
    And those of us who paid full price may get ours in March. Probably worth the wait.
  15.    #1015  
    It's all worth waiting for. In exactly 6 months you will hear rumbling about a new Treo, perhaps a 700, and everyone will lose interest in what they have. As you have stated, the T600 is a great device -- and it is. In the last 24 hours, I've entertained the thought of waiting a couple months for TMobile. If I don't get everything I want with Cingular -- I give strong consideration to more waiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray
    And those of us who paid full price may get ours in March. Probably worth the wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray
    They way I figure it, I pay almost full price now(pre-inflationary PalmOne rate) and sell my VC 650 on eBay to subsidize the cost of the 1st 650.

If I don't see my 650 say <Shipped> on Saturday, I'm going to get in whmurray's boat and ask him to pass the torch.
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Retired Treo 650
  17.    #1017  
    Me too!
    If I don't see my 650 say <Shipped> on Saturday, I'm going to get in whmurray's boat and ask him to pass the torch.
    Me too!

With Palmone's stupid tactics ,lame excuses for not shipping our units . I think Wh 's bashing seems more and more justified . It seems that we are experiencing this may be first or second time , but he has dealt withthem more than us.

F1 seems to be a bunch of clueless Buffoons ............
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtreosexual
    F1 seems to be a bunch of clueless Buffoons ............
    I'm giving them to Saturday, then the jury will be in.
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Retired Treo 650
    I went to Cingular today they wont have treo 650 till 14th, wouldn't sale it with MEdia works. Yesterday on cingular.com they offered MEdia works for 1999 unlimited today it is 3MB limit with a $.01 per kb charge. Cingular and Palm one lost me as a customer.