Page 50 of 63 FirstFirst ... 40454647484950515253545560 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1254
    Quote Originally Posted by MacUser
    Thank you all for the constructive advice. For the Cingular people, is there any advantage of ordering online over going to the Cingular store in the mall?
    You might not have to pay sales tax if you order online.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtreosexual
    Still waiting for GSM unlocked.........
    Boring ........
    Let 's talk about some accessories.
    HBH -600 seems to be the best per TC.
    Sena vs Krussell case ...... Will need to think, leaning Sena

I had the HBH-600 before exchanging it for the HBH-660. The talk time is great on the HBH-600, but the battery compartment is just too thick. After talking or just wearing it for a long period of time, it begins to hurt my ear. The HBH-660 has a display that can come in handy for battery life and connectivity, but does not work as a caller ID as it advertises. I think right now only the P900/P910 can send caller ID info to the display.
    Thank you all for the constructive advice. For the Cingular people, is there any advantage of ordering online over going to the Cingular store in the mall? I am guessing by going into a store, I can get the MW package for $19.99 unlimited internet, which they claim is still available as of Sunday. My only concern is that the mall Cingular didn't have any 650's in, thus I may not be able to get one before the 10th.
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
    I ordered one on Sunday from Cingular.com and they are backordered. Ughhh.
    A lot of wise people whose opinions I now value have not commented on my quandary, which it appears is set to a Feb 10th deadline.
    My humble thanks again...
    Don't know if I'm on your list of 'wise people' but I'm with TMo now and I'm going with Plan 'B'...a CSR at Tmo told me they were testing EDGE now and expected to roll it out nation wide this spring. Data is not my first concern, voice is...and I get great voice coverage where I am...so I'll wait and see if EDGE happens and hope that I'm grandfathered in with my current plan.
    Last edited by paris; 02/08/2005 at 09:25 AM.
    Treo 650 GSM Unlocked-TMobile
    Quote Originally Posted by thxac3
    I had the HBH-600 before exchanging it for the HBH-660. The talk time is great on the HBH-600, but the battery compartment is just too thick. After talking or just wearing it for a long period of time, it begins to hurt my ear. The HBH-660 has a display that can come in handy for battery life and connectivity, but does not work as a caller ID as it advertises. I think right now only the P900/P910 can send caller ID info to the display.
    Thanks HBH 60 had the same problem . Somehow the SE headsets are tight around the pinna adn are uncomfortable . I hope the HBH 660 is not like that. Someone on TC posted earlier the fact that caller ID works on HBH 660.
    I like jabra's design , but reception seems to be a problem per TC users
    Quote Originally Posted by convbcuda
    First off at least in my state I paid no tax and got free overnight delivery.
    Second, since I purchased from palmONE a Cingular GSM model, I also got a free Jabra bluetooth headset and "free'" 128mb SD card as well as express wireless weather software with 1year ppd. subscription. Finally my unit is pre-registered for warranty. BTW, on my American Express my warranty goes from 1year to 2years now at N/C. For me this was "my" best option given the time restrictions placed upon us. JMHO
  8.    #988  
    100th,

I think I mis-read his post. I "projected" my own thoughts into what the poster was attempting to do. It was the preventing corrosion remark. For some reason, I thought he was trying to wipe off the Cingular logo on the phone, so that it looked more like an unlocked phone. There are some post above his about unlocking phones and somehow I blended unbranding in my mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thMonkey
    for which part? checking the weather or preventing corrosion?
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowOK
    First off at least in my state I paid no tax and got free overnight delivery.
    Second, since I purchased from palmONE a Cingular GSM model, I also got a free Jabra bluetooth headset and "free'" 128mb SD card as well as express wireless weather software with 1year ppd. subscription. Finally my unit is pre-registered for warranty. BTW, on my American Express my warranty goes from 1year to 2years now at N/C. For me this was "my" best option given the time restrictions placed upon us. JMHO
    Is the AMEX option something you have to add on to your account? I bought mine from P1 and a 2 yr warrenty would be great.
    Quote Originally Posted by specimen38
    100th,

I think I mis-read his post. I "projected" my own thoughts into what the poster was attempting to do. It was the preventing corrosion remark. For some reason, I thought he was trying to wipe off the Cingular logo on the phone, so that it looked more like an unlocked phone. There are some post above his about unlocking phones and somehow I blended unbranding in my mind.
    word, good thing your not psychic..too much projection going around could cause some serious issues
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Quote Originally Posted by convbcuda

If you're ordering from cingular.com, then you're going to pay tax if there's a cingular brick and mortar store in your state.
    Quote Originally Posted by RandyGOP
    Is the AMEX option something you have to add on to your account? I bought mine from P1 and a 2 yr warrenty would be great.
    It is called _Buyer's Assurance Plan_ go to this url: http://tinyurl.com/5l7a2

As far as I remember it is automatic on all AMEX cards, about the only catch I recall is it doesn't apply to refurb. items or people who bought the extended warranty with the purchase. It takes effect after the regular warranty is up automatically. Just keep copy of receipts, etc. Hope that helps. L8R
  13.    #993  
    Welcome to Treo 650 dialogue!

How does AMEX work? Don't have to pay the entire balance at the end of the month?

Have you ever been able to use the insurance for a comparable item like the Treo 650? Or an item of greater value? This could be a good work insurance work around since so many people do not have insurance on the Treos.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowOK
    It is called _Buyer's Assurance Plan_ go to this url: http://tinyurl.com/5l7a2

As far as I remember it is automatic on all AMEX cards, about the only catch I recall is it doesn't apply to refurb. items or people who bought the extended warranty with the purchase. It takes effect after the regular warranty is up automatically. Just keep copy of receipts, etc. Hope that helps. L8R
  14.    #994  
    There was a guy over in the "I Will Wait For GSM Model.." thread who could ship you one over night from the west coast. Presently, its 3:38 pm PST/6:38 pm EST. A call in the next hour could nix it. I will go over to the old thread and retreive the number.
    Thank you all for the constructive advice. For the Cingular people, is there any advantage of ordering online over going to the Cingular store in the mall? I am guessing by going into a store, I can get the MW package for $19.99 unlimited internet, which they claim is still available as of Sunday. My only concern is that the mall Cingular didn't have any 650's in, thus I may not be able to get one before the 10th.
    [EDIT] His name was Joe 925-273-2316, but the can only sell them in lots of 5.
    Last edited by specimen38; 02/08/2005 at 06:05 PM.
    Welcome to Treo 650 dialogue!

How does AMEX work? Don't have to pay the entire balance at the end of the month?

Have you ever been able to use the insurance for a comparable item like the Treo 650? Or an item of greater value? This could be a good work insurance work around since so many people do not have insurance on the Treos.
    Balance is due when billed and delinquent if not paid by the next bill. If one's timing is good, one might get as much as 8 weeks interest free but that is not the intent.

I have used the insurance. It covers whatever was charged to the card but only for 90 days. It is pretty much no questions asked but it is mostly lemon insurance and accidental loss or theft insurance. It is promoted to the merchants as a means to overcome buyer anxiety.
    Their Amex OPTIMA line of cards are like regular credit cards, you can make payments. Most of the MAJOR credit card banks have that feature as well - check your CC company. I've never used it on a cell phone but have used it many other times. Most recently a $240 repair on a out of warranty 36" Sony TV was covered. They sent me a check, took about 3 weeks. On AMEX cell phones are NOT specifically excluded. Some CC's might. Here is a PDF of the terms of the Amex program: https://www124.americanexpress.com/c...urance2003.pdf

Absolutely wrong. Amex has OPTIMA and BLUE line of cards which are just like regular credit cards (monthly payments if you wish). The program extends (DOUBLES) the warranty for up to ONE YEAR AFTER the manufacturers warranty expires and you're covered up to a MAX of $50,000 per year. Read this AMEX plan terms PDF: https://www124.americanexpress.com/c...urance2003.pdf

They ALSO have a buyers remorse program which you describe.

Edit: BTW, the plan you mention also covers RESTOCKING CHARGES like many electronics stores charge (Circuit City, Best Buy etc).

Optima Card: http://www66.americanexpress.com/car...type=undefined

Quote Originally Posted by whmurray
    Balance is due when billed and delinquent if not paid by the next bill. If one's timing is good, one might get as much as 8 weeks interest free but that is not the intent.

I have used the insurance. It covers whatever was charged to the card but only for 90 days. It is pretty much no questions asked but it is mostly lemon insurance and accidental loss or theft insurance. It is promoted to the merchants as a means to overcome buyer anxiety.
    Last edited by MisterEd; 02/08/2005 at 05:58 PM.
    Given the name of this post, has anyone actually Received their unlocked GSM 650?
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
    Obviously not.
    Quote Originally Posted by godschoice
    Given the name of this post, has anyone actually Received their unlocked GSM 650?
  20.    #1000  
    How much data will you really use each month? I really like the way PalmOne illustrates and estimates data usage in emails and webpages.
    Attached Images Attached Images