Page 5 of 63 FirstFirst 123456789101555 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    so, so far only milo has one?

milo, have u notice the delay in calling?
    Someone else has one, I noticed the post earlier. Not sure where he is...

I have/had the AudioVox 5600 and it took a lot longer to connect on a call than the 650. Everything was slow on that phone, glad it is heading to eBay very soon.

The quality of the voice calls is great, and 2 people have said I sound better than I did on the 5600.

Connecting to data is also very quick. Takes about 4 seconds.
    milo, when you turn on bluetooth do you see the DUN feature?
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    milo, when you turn on bluetooth do you see the DUN feature?

in another thread, he said no.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    ATT doesn't exist as a free standing company, but it will take a year or 2 before they actually become a single entity and all parts are merged. They still have a LARGE business division they are supporting. You can still buy ATT plans from various sources (including www.attwireless.com, Amazon and a number of other resellers). Those with AT&T sims will be able to use them for years to come (and keep their existing plans as well). If that weren't the case Cingular would have to unlock or replace millions of phones very quickly. Think of it as 2 divisions (Orange and Blue).

Quote Originally Posted by lep354
    If ATT "no longer exists" and Cingular owns ATT, how come Cingular customers have to wait behind ATT? Makes no sense to me to sell new ATT lines locked to an ATT sim card; what happens when merger is complete with these "locked" phones that DO NOT work with CIngular sim?
    Ok, try using loading this file (use filez or other means of loading it, hotsync won't work) and tell me if it enables the DUN display...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Milo, can you explain exactly HOW you got yours and from whom ? It was not exactly clear what you did to get yours.
    wow that was fast shadow..

I'm wondering if anyone with a GSM treo has felt the Sprint treo and if there are any differences. ie. how is the p key on the GSM version
    Hmm, as for unlocking, the phone prc file milo sent me appears to be missing the actual code modules... The unlocking work might need to be done by people with the actual phone, I don't know if there's much I'll be able to do without a real gsm version of the 650...

But, I'll keep playing... I hope that bluetooth patch I posted will work, I see why the original sprint one didn't... The files are quite different in places...
    Well I got my treo 650 today, and I have to say this is the most beautifully designed phone I have ever seen. I have not noticed any of the problems noted in the cdma version. I dont have a bluetooth equipment yet so am unable to give details on that.

I am so happy with this phone
    pics?
    Quote Originally Posted by helpermonkey
    how did Cingular mess up the launch?
    Ordering the phone depends on what rep you get, the AT&T locked phones won't work with Cingular SIMs, etc.
    I talked with my rep and he says Feb 5th is when the phones will be SHIPPED. I can order the phone now but will need to wait. This is through ATT biz account.
    and did ViennaChannels start shipping yet?
    I am on the 650 and can't download the file

Will try when I get home.
    Quote Originally Posted by lep354
    If ATT "no longer exists" and Cingular owns ATT, how come Cingular customers have to wait behind ATT? Makes no sense to me to sell new ATT lines locked to an ATT sim card; what happens when merger is complete with these "locked" phones that DO NOT work with CIngular sim?
    Quote Originally Posted by JakiChan
    Ordering the phone depends on what rep you get, the AT&T locked phones won't work with Cingular SIMs, etc.
    As stated, ATTWS the company no longer exists, but the two "divisions" are not fully merged. You don't merge the two largest US carriers quickly, it takes time, no getting around it. Different parts of the companies will merge at different rates even.

I know to many this is a botched launch, but the launch may not have even happened yet. Product may be available, but wether or not Cingular actually wants to have some sort of announcement and a big hoopla about it is unknown right now. Do they even have to launch it? It could just trickle out to market? I don't know Apple products are the only ones I really watch this closely and even though they usually launch many products at MacWorld expos, they also do so at other times with less fan-fair...
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    so, so far only milo has one?

milo, have u notice the delay in calling?
    I have one. I thought that was obvious, without coming out and saying it directly. I gave speeds and software info.
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    #*252772#
    #*335*
    #*2487#
    #*282347#
    #*900#
    #*850#
    #*726#
    #*7673855#
    #*115200#
    #*460800#

Hmm, here's some codes for you all... Don't know what they do...

Is someone going to tell us exactly what all these do and how to use them? I am not going to experiment on my phone...

Thanks Shadowmite!
    I just wanted to say...it's almost time for us to buy the Treo 650 online from Cingular! Why? The picture is already on the server .

http://onlinestore1.cingular.com/ima...o650_large.jpg
    Current setup: myTouch 4G Slide (main), hp Pre2 and Veer 4G (backups)
    Quote Originally Posted by edeab220
    I just wanted to say...it's almost time for us to buy the Treo 650 online from Cingular! Why? The picture is already on the server .

http://onlinestore1.cingular.com/ima...o650_large.jpg
    Nice catch/find! I also noticed the pic was uploaded on Jan. 26 @ 12:26pm...
    Quote Originally Posted by helpermonkey
    I have one. I thought that was obvious, without coming out and saying it directly. I gave speeds and software info.
    yeah, but you arent a real person.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.