Page 49 of 63 FirstFirst ... 39444546474849505152535459 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by technogrammy
    Has anyone who ordered a Cingular 650 with a new contract received theirs yet?

Yeah I received my GSM Cingular 650 today!

...oh wait - that's not what this thread is about anymore...
    Global Posts
    805 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowOK
    Look, who actually has got this to work on their locked Treo650 from Cingular, I did it and "Nothing Happened", or at lease nothing that I have a way of verifying. Anybody?? How do I know if my phone is UL'd after the *#*#1234# sequence? Please help! TIA
    To reiterate other threads, this does NOTHING for removing the subsidy lock on the phone. This sequence is to remove the SIM lock which is not the holy grail everyone is seeking right now.
    It's not totally gone, it will be $25 instead of $20 and not include SMS.
    Just added 19.99 media works package with UL Internet to my Treo650, they don't of course know I have a Treo650 BTW. I KNOW FOR A FACT, the 19.99 plan is gone the way of the dinosaurs after the 10th. Listen people, if you want UL data, then you MUST ADD IT ON OR BEFORE THE 10th !!! I guarantee you will regret waiting past the 10th, Remember what palmONE did with their "price mistake" on the UL'd GSM Treo650??? Trust me. I have the 19.99 media works working 100% now and do not regret it at all !!!!!! P.S. You can put it on your current GSM plan now, then just pop out the SIM when you get your Treo650, I did and it went "VERY" smooth. No problems.
    I don't know what Rtalian posted but here is the news synopsis from the other threads:

#1) Headline! The code you posted from someone elses post does nuttin' nada .... zilch as far as a subsidy unlock. It's a PUK code which has nothing do do with a subsidy unlock which allows any sim to be used. Do a search for PUK (not PUKE).

#2) Headline! Also posted over the last couple days was that CINGULAR will unlock a 650. Don't know how easy it is to get them to do it, but it seems a couple people have had it done. This THREAD http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=72125 had some information but don't get excited, you need a special 8 digit code. Eight zeros won't do it, it was only an example.

More headlines at 11 after the local news.

Dan Rather over and out.

Quote Originally Posted by specimen38
    MisterED, I don't get around too much. Can you explain the difference between what I posted and what the "resourceful" Rtalian posted? Thanks Rtalian...
    Correct, that's exactly what it does: NOTHING!!!! NO ONE got it to work!!!!!!!!!!! This place is getting totally out of control.
    Look, who actually has got this to work on their locked Treo650 from Cingular, I did it and "Nothing Happened", or at lease nothing that I have a way of verifying. Anybody?? How do I know if my phone is UL'd after the *#*#1234# sequence? Please help! TIA
    Quote Originally Posted by MacUser
    T-Mo coverage is great here, but I see so many people bashing their data speeds. I guess I won't know till my 650 arrives how slow it really is. I hope to use my 650 a lot. It just sucks that if I keep the unlocked 650 and change to Cingular, they won't give me a rebate/incentive for a new contract so I lose out on a phone subsidy.
    Love T-Mo
    Great coverage . Recently travelled from Denver , Phoenix ,SF, to Carmel CA
    Right on,....... 4 bars 95% of the time . Never dropped a single call.
    I played with sprint T650 for few days before returning and surprisingly the data speed were not amazingly faster than T-Mo -T 600 at least in my area.
    I do not know about EDGE.
    Remember you do not always get what is specified by the provider.Data speeds are a function of number of factors as Helpermonkey has explained in earlier posts.
    They need a live message scroll at the top and bottom of every page that repeats over and over some of the questions (and answers) that have been asked and answered 500 time a day. http://img237.exs.cx/img237/6629/ranting2up.gif
    Quote Originally Posted by alee
    To reiterate other threads, this does NOTHING for removing the subsidy lock on the phone. This sequence is to remove the SIM lock which is not the holy grail everyone is seeking right now.
    If you had no contract but were still with T-Mobile would you:
    a. sign up with Cingular for the cheap 650 and grandfathered MWorks unlimited plan(available at mall by me)
    b. keep your unlocked T650 ordered from P1 and try the slower data rates on T-Mobile and maybe later change to Cingular but run the risk of the higher MWorks plan
    c. Go Sprint </shudder>
    d. other--suggestions appreciated
    A lot of wise people whose opinions I now value have not commented on my quandary, which it appears is set to a Feb 10th deadline.
    My humble thanks again...
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
    Still waiting for GSM unlocked.........
    Boring ........
    Let 's talk about some accessories.
    HBH -600 seems to be the best per TC.
    Sena vs Krussell case ...... Will need to think, leaning Sena
    A lot of wise people whose opinions I now value have not commented on my quandary, which it appears is set to a Feb 10th deadline.
    This is a very personal and depends on a number of factors including coverage in you area , whether phone or data is you priority .GSM or CDMA
    If all providers have great coverage in your area ,
    than it does not make sense for you to stay with T mo.
    I would go cingular for faster data , extensive coverage, cheaper phone will let you compensate for expensive data plan.
    Just added 19.99 media works package with UL Internet to my Treo650, they don't of course know I have a Treo650 BTW. I KNOW FOR A FACT, the 19.99 plan is gone the way of the dinosaurs after the 10th. Listen people, if you want UL data, then you MUST ADD IT ON OR BEFORE THE 10th !!! I guarantee you will regret waiting past the 10th, Remember what palmONE did with their "price mistake" on the UL'd GSM Treo650??? Trust me. I have the 19.99 media works working 100% now and do not regret it at all !!!!!! P.S. You can put it on your current GSM plan now, then just pop out the SIM when you get your Treo650, I did and it went "VERY" smooth. No problems.
    I second that. Internet works great; I use it to check the weather radar all the time.

On another note, Does anyone have any experience with the paint/shiny coating rubbing off their 650's? I am wondering if a case with plastic coating over the keyboard would speed the erosion process (that kind of plastic easily rubs off ink).

Well, you only had to ask me personally.

I am with T-mobile and if it weren't for needing a quick replacement for my current phone that tied me into another year, I was on the floating un-contract.

I planned to stick with them because the coverage in my area is really good and the data plan is quite decent.

Then again, I have other factors to consider. My wife also has a line on Tmob and we share minutes. The tmobile to tmobile calling is our primary form of communication when apart. Which is free, so I wouldn't want to give that up anyhow.

The major question you need to ask yourself is, how's Tmo working out for your currently?
    Unlocked P1 T650 + 12" Powerbook + Scion xA = Happiness
    This is a tough choice (except the Sprint part).
    I would go Cingular, at least for 30 days, get MEdia Works while you know you can.
    Get a better price on the phone.
    We'll get them unlocked, that is for sure. (Don't go Blue)
    You truly be amazed by the speed of EDGE.
    I am truly happy with Cing/Orange.
  14.    #974  
    I remember the 100thMonkey had a suggestion about how to do this months ago, but I don't remember. It is in the "I will wait for GSM thread"
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddyof3
    I second that. Internet works great; I use it to check the weather radar all the time.

On another note, Does anyone have any experience with the paint/shiny coating rubbing off their 650's? I am wondering if a case with plastic coating over the keyboard would speed the erosion process (that kind of plastic easily rubs off ink).
  15.    #975  
    MacUser,

I second cglaguna's idea. Be deligent in your resolve to get the best deal for 29 days. Mtreosexual borrowed a Sprint Treo for 2 weeks and was resolved to give it back. Just Do It!
    Quote Originally Posted by macuser
    I spoke with a very confident customer service representative at PalmOne tonight. She said ground shipments will commence this Saturday and everyone has ordered will received their Treos on or before February 23rd -- absolutely no later than the 23rd.
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna
    This is a tough choice (except the Sprint part).
    I would go Cingular, at least for 30 days, get MEdia Works while you know you can. Get a better price on the phone.
    We'll get them unlocked, that is for sure. (Don't go Blue)
    You truly be amazed by the speed of EDGE.
    I am truly happy with Cing/Orange.
  16.    #976  
    Why would you say that? Report back and tell us what is your experience has been. How about sending some pics? At the moment, you have 9 post. Wait a minute....This guy is a Troll.

If he is not a Troll, he'll come back and offer constructive conversation to our dialogue.
    Quote Originally Posted by steelers1
    Yeah I received my GSM Cingular 650 today!

...oh wait - that's not what this thread is about anymore...
    People with 9 post don't usually start off passively aggressive like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by specimen38
    I remember the 100thMonkey had a suggestion about how to do this months ago, but I don't remember. It is in the "I will wait for GSM thread"
    for which part? checking the weather or preventing corrosion?
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    They need a live message scroll at the top and bottom of every page that repeats over and over some of the questions (and answers) that have been asked and answered 500 time a day. http://img237.exs.cx/img237/6629/ranting2up.gif
    MisterEd, that is SO true! People ask over and over... after reading this thread from day one it gets old.
    Treo 650 GSM
    Ok, you want oppionions? Here is my biased oppinion : GPRS sucks, EDGE is better - still slower than I would like, but GPRS is near usless on a device set up for web browsing and emailing videos taken on the camera. Also T-Mobile _ I am not a customer, and never have been, but I am not impressed with what I have seen of they abilities over there on a technical level, in fact I was very unimpressed... anyway, do what works for you. If you switch, it is not as if your wife could not switch and get free calls again between you too.

P.S. I am a Mac user too, good to see I am not the only one
    Treo 650 GSM
    Thank you all for the constructive advice. For the Cingular people, is there any advantage of ordering online over going to the Cingular store in the mall? I am guessing by going into a store, I can get the MW package for $19.99 unlimited internet, which they claim is still available as of Sunday. My only concern is that the mall Cingular didn't have any 650's in, thus I may not be able to get one before the 10th.
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650