Page 48 of 63 FirstFirst ... 38434445464748495051525358 ... LastLast
  1.    #941  
    Are you guys trying to "bust" 1000 post in here? There is an interesting backlash going on about the "Who's With Me?" phrase. In two other threads, it is argued that it is too exclusive and not inviting of free flowing discussion. They say we are entrenched with conspiracy theories and heresay. Okay and who cares... We know what we are doing and what we are talking about. The CDMAers don't remember their abominations when the "Precious" was shipped to them first. They posted stuff like:

"They're idiots at P1"
    "PPC, I'm coming back"
    "Treo 650 is P1's Swan Song"
    "This Stupid Device Memory Need More Memory"
    "$#@$%$#"
  2.    #942  
    You scored... Try that with CDMA phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanner
    yay! Just unloaded the Treo on fleabay...$335 not too bad...what did Uall get for yours? (mine was new UNUSED, unlocked, double acc's, and 256MB SD Card)
  3.    #943  
    I guess by now everyone has seen this unlock sequence for the GSM Treo 650.

*#*#1234# and then pressing the center D-pad button.

My question is: If you unlock it, what will you do with it if you have bought a cheaper phone under contract with Cingular?
    Quote Originally Posted by specimen38
    TMobile is cool. I think you Get More. And yes there customer service reps are well trained. However, he no EDGE thing gets me and they are last to roll out the technology and they lease towers from Cingular.
    In T-Mobiles defense, and I don't really want to defend them at all - but I am all for more info - Cingular leases access on T-Mobile's access as well - take NYC as an example I am pretty sure there are others.
    Treo 650 GSM
    It's not an subsidy unlock sequence, it's a PUK code. It won't allow you to use another sim. You're WAY behind in your message threads! Putting 8 zeros in place of 1234 does the same thing ..... nothing.

My question is: If you unlock it, what will you do with it if you have bought a cheaper phone under contract with Cingular?
  6.    #946  
    Thank....I did not know that. I thought since T-Mobile is based overseas in Europe -- it was all Cingular's advantage. Good to info to know.
    Quote Originally Posted by helpermonkey
    In T-Mobiles defense, and I don't really want to defend them at all - but I am all for more info - Cingular leases access on T-Mobile's access as well - take NYC as an example I am pretty sure there are others.
  7.    #947  
    MisterED...was it discussed here?
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    It's not an subsidy unlock sequence, it's a PUK code. It won't allow you to use another sim. You're WAY behind in your message threads! Putting 8 zeros in place of 1234 does the same thing ..... nothing.
    It's been in various threads relating to UNLOCKED 650's for the last few days.
    I thought you might like to see this post: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...0&postcount=24
    Apparently, it is possible to get Cingular to give you the unlock code.
    ooooh, look at the shiny Copper Treo 680
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    According to some friends who work at T-Mobile, their version of the Treo 650 will be out either by March or April... about the same time all our backordered Unlocked Treos will ship.
    Palm III -> Sony Clie 73V + Sony Ericsson 610 -> Sony Ericcson P900 -> Nokia 6600 + IPAQ 4150 -> Treo 650 -> BenQ P50 -> Motorola Q -> Treo 755p -> HTC Titan (Sprint Mogul)
    sr99, Ahhhh. But by then T-mob will have "talked" to Palm0ne and "pursuaded" them to let our unlocked phones sit a "few more weeks."
    Unlocked P1 T650 + 12" Powerbook + Scion xA = Happiness
  12.    #952  
    MisterED, I don't get around too much. Can you explain the difference between what I posted and what the "resourceful" Rtalian posted? Thanks Rtalian...
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    It's been in various threads relating to UNLOCKED 650's for the last few days.
  13.    #953  
    soulreaver99, can you ask that friend for a date? I mean release date?
    Quote Originally Posted by soulreaver99
    According to some friends who work at T-Mobile, their version of the Treo 650 will be out either by March or April... about the same time all our backordered Unlocked Treos will ship.
    Quote Originally Posted by soulreaver99
    If that's true, I'll send that sh%@ back. Sorry, I'm getting a bit frustrated that they haven't started shipping yet.
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
  15.    #955  
    Good info., especially if he can corroborate and verify it somehow.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacUser
    If that's true, I'll send that sh%@ back. Sorry, I'm getting a bit frustrated that they haven't started shipping yet.
    MisterED, I don't get around too much. Can you explain the difference between what I posted and what the "resourceful" Rtalian posted? Thanks Rtalian...
    any time
    ooooh, look at the shiny Copper Treo 680
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    soulreaver99, can you ask that friend for a date? I mean release date?
    March and April is as specific as they can get, but it definitely is coming no later than April.
    Palm III -> Sony Clie 73V + Sony Ericsson 610 -> Sony Ericcson P900 -> Nokia 6600 + IPAQ 4150 -> Treo 650 -> BenQ P50 -> Motorola Q -> Treo 755p -> HTC Titan (Sprint Mogul)
    Just added 19.99 media works package with UL Internet to my Treo650, they don't of course know I have a Treo650 BTW. I KNOW FOR A FACT, the 19.99 plan is gone the way of the dinosaurs after the 10th. Listen people, if you want UL data, then you MUST ADD IT ON OR BEFORE THE 10th !!! I guarantee you will regret waiting past the 10th, Remember what palmONE did with their "price mistake" on the UL'd GSM Treo650??? Trust me. I have the 19.99 media works working 100% now and do not regret it at all !!!!!! P.S. You can put it on your current GSM plan now, then just pop out the SIM when you get your Treo650, I did and it went "VERY" smooth. No problems.
    Last edited by ShadowOK; 02/07/2005 at 09:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacUser
    If you had no contract but were still with T-Mobile would you:
    a. sign up with Cingular for the cheap 650 and grandfathered MWorks unlimited plan(available at mall by me)
    b. keep your unlocked T650 ordered from P1 and try the slower data rates on T-Mobile and maybe later change to Cingular but run the risk of the higher MWorks plan
    c. Go Sprint </shudder>
    d. other--suggestions appreciated
    Dude, totally go with a new Cingular plan at the mall while you can and get the cheap media works with UL internet before they make another change after this one. You can always unlock your "locked Cingular 650" with one of the hacks that BTW do work on the net....Worse case you can drop Media Works completely and sell your Treo on ebay. I would sign up on the most basic voice plan you can get by with if it was me..... L8R

Look, who actually has got this to work on their locked Treo650 from Cingular, I did it and "Nothing Happened", or at lease nothing that I have a way of verifying. Anybody?? How do I know if my phone is UL'd after the *#*#1234# sequence? Please help! TIA