Page 47 of 63 FirstFirst ... 37424344454647484950515257 ... LastLast
Results 921 to 940 of 1254
  1.    #921  
    You're right, more cursed! Treo 650 with USB cable - Cingular Wireless $499.00 Back Ordered still.... 050201-210XXX
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thMonkey
    at this point, more cursing than blessing...
  2.    #922  
    Thanks, I am glad I got in under the wire.
    Quote Originally Posted by cmccarter
    See posting http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=72075 for more info on upcaoming Cingular rates
  3. #923  
    Has anyone who ordered a Cingular 650 with a new contract received theirs yet?
  4.    #924  
    A test to determine if your customer service representative can help you at Cingular. Three questions they should know. You have to take on the personal of a newbie. The first of have asked several times and it usually tells me what I need to know immediately.

    1. What does GSM mean?
    2. What Mhz bandwidth does your companies' GSM phones operate on?
    3. Can you tell me about your data plans?
  5. #925  
    This is really for everyone .....

    Not trying to be the bearer of bad news but you should make sure you get your Cingular account setup before the changes go into effect or at least some written guarantee from (???) that if it comes in AFTER rates change and the account hadn't been setup you'll get the old rates or features you want (I know data is the main issue). I just called Cingular and they (claim) they have no knowledge of any changes coming. Yea, right, but the rest of the world does. I would think P1 only sends the info to Cingular so you better get some kind of confirmation about what you'll get if the account isn't setup BEFORE the (alleged) changes take place. Timing is the key here and there are way too many things in flux that are probably beyond P1's & Cingular's control regarding delivery & accounts. Don't ASSUME that just because one orders before the (alleged) rate changes they will have those prices locked in. Maybe they will but why not cover your asses.


    Quote Originally Posted by specimen38
    Thanks, I am glad I got in under the wire.
  6. #926  
    Let's pretend I'm calling the EVERSOUNHELPFUL Cingular who can't even get my BILLING PROBLEMS Figured out...now you're suggesting that I get something I WRITING from theM? BAWHAHAHAHAHAH! LOL! ROTFL!

    I can imagine what that would look like! If they somehow managed to scribble a picture of me w/ a phone I think we'd have a MAJOR Break through with them!

    Someone needs to send some chimps to cingular to train the CSRs and managers. I wish the tech support guy I had a while back could run suckular...he was wicked intelligent.


    "in writing" that's a good one MrEd! hehehhe...lmk if you pull that one off somehow.


    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    This is really for everyone .....

    Not trying to be the bearer of bad news but you should make sure you get your Cingular account setup before the changes go into effect or at least some written guarantee from (???) that if it comes in AFTER rates change and the account hadn't been setup you'll get the old rates or features you want (I know data is the main issue). I just called Cingular and they (claim) they have no knowledge of any changes coming. Yea, right, but the rest of the world does. I would think P1 only sends the info to Cingular so you better get some kind of confirmation about what you'll get if the account isn't setup BEFORE the (alleged) changes take place. Timing is the key here and there are way too many things in flux that are probably beyond P1's & Cingular's control regarding delivery & accounts. Don't ASSUME that just because one orders before the (alleged) rate changes they will have those prices locked in. Maybe they will but why not cover your asses.
  7. #927  
    Quote Originally Posted by technogrammy
    Has anyone who ordered a Cingular 650 with a new contract received theirs yet?
    I did. I had to call for support because my MMS wasnt working right, and the lady tells me that MediaWorks is unlimited. The CSRs obviously are not in the loop as to pending changes. What has caused all this confusion is that when you order from Cingular.com (actually go through the order process) and choose a plan, you are presented with a MediaWorks option that is only 3MB instead of unlimited. Other pages at Cingular.com still say unlimited. The internal memo leaked on the Internet says 8MB for $19.99, $24.99 for unlimited starting Feb 14. I just dont know. I guess that when you call a CSR and they tell you something NEW, that is when you know the information trickled down to the front lines.
  8. #928  
    That's my point entirely. It was meant as a "yeah right" comment. I think this is going to be a major fiasco. Of course I don't have to worry 'cause I had mine since last week. I'm just concerned for you guys. Especially Mr. Speciman. If he gets screwed on this he might just leave some of those "specimans" in some very bad places!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanner
    Let's pretend I'm calling the EVERSOUNHELPFUL Cingular who can't even get my BILLING PROBLEMS Figured out...now you're suggesting that I get something I WRITING from theM? BAWHAHAHAHAHAH! LOL! ROTFL!

    I can imagine what that would look like! If they somehow managed to scribble a picture of me w/ a phone I think we'd have a MAJOR Break through with them!

    Someone needs to send some chimps to cingular to train the CSRs and managers. I wish the tech support guy I had a while back could run suckular...he was wicked intelligent.


    "in writing" that's a good one MrEd! hehehhe...lmk if you pull that one off somehow.
  9. #929  
    Edit: Never mind. ZBoater corrected me.

    Quote Originally Posted by ZBoater
    The internal memo leaked on the Internet says 8MB for $19.99, $24.99 for unlimited starting Feb 14. I just dont know.
    Last edited by MisterEd; 02/07/2005 at 11:47 AM.
  10. #930  
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    ZBoater .... actually it says N/A for the $24.99 UNL plan. Sounds like "not available." That plan makes more sense though because it's what ATT offers (or offerED?) on the Blue side. Maybe it will come later?

    MEdia Net Packages Included Msgs Add’l KB
    PPU n/a $.03/KB
    $2.99 No KBs $.02/KB
    $4.99 500 KBs $0.02/KB
    $9.99 3 MB $.01/KB
    $19.99 8 MB $.01/KB
    $24.99 UNL n/a
    I think that means "not applicable", and a per/kb charge on an unlimited plan would be, well, not applicable. The first number is the price, the second is the MB (which on 24.99 is UNL, assuming unlimited) and the third number is the per KB price.
  11. alee's Avatar
    Posts
    410 Posts
    Global Posts
    805 Global Posts
    #931  
    I read it as $24.99, unlimited, no per kilobyte charges

    Just like PPU reads: PPU, no prepackaged bytes, 3c/KB charge
  12. #932  
    If you had no contract but were still with T-Mobile would you:
    a. sign up with Cingular for the cheap 650 and grandfathered MWorks unlimited plan(available at mall by me)
    b. keep your unlocked T650 ordered from P1 and try the slower data rates on T-Mobile and maybe later change to Cingular but run the risk of the higher MWorks plan
    c. Go Sprint </shudder>
    d. other--suggestions appreciated
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
  13. #933  
    Dohhhhh .... makes sense. I stand corrected.

    Well then, worst case the $24.99 deal isn't so terrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZBoater
    I think that means "not applicable", and a per/kb charge on an unlimited plan would be, well, not applicable. The first number is the price, the second is the MB (which on 24.99 is UNL, assuming unlimited) and the third number is the per KB price.
  14. #934  
    Depends on what you want from your provider. If T-Mobile works good for you I'd stay with that. Aren't they much cheaper overall then Cingular? Depends on how important data speed is to you and how much you will use. I personally wouldn't go with TMO because their coverage is lousy where I need it but if it's good for you ... stick with it. Youll always be better off with the unlocked model regardless.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacUser
    If you had no contract but were still with T-Mobile would you:
    a. sign up with Cingular for the cheap 650 and grandfathered MWorks unlimited plan(available at mall by me)
    b. keep your unlocked T650 ordered from P1 and try the slower data rates on T-Mobile and maybe later change to Cingular but run the risk of the higher MWorks plan
    c. Go Sprint </shudder>
    d. other--suggestions appreciated
  15. #935  
    Me:
    Quote Originally Posted by alee
    I read it as $24.99, unlimited, no per kilobyte charges
    Just like PPU reads: PPU, no prepackaged bytes, 3c/KB charge
  16. #936  
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    Depends on what you want from your provider. If T-Mobile works good for you I'd stay with that. Aren't they much cheaper overall then Cingular? Depends on how important data speed is to you and how much you will use. I personally wouldn't go with TMO because their coverage is lousy where I need it but if it's good for you ... stick with it. Youll always be better off with the unlocked model regardless.
    T-Mo coverage is great here, but I see so many people bashing their data speeds. I guess I won't know till my 650 arrives how slow it really is. I hope to use my 650 a lot. It just sucks that if I keep the unlocked 650 and change to Cingular, they won't give me a rebate/incentive for a new contract so I lose out on a phone subsidy.
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
  17. #937  
    Quote Originally Posted by MacUser
    T-Mo coverage is great here, but I see so many people bashing their data speeds. I guess I won't know till my 650 arrives how slow it really is. I hope to use my 650 a lot. It just sucks that if I keep the unlocked 650 and change to Cingular, they won't give me a rebate/incentive for a new contract so I lose out on a phone subsidy.
    Do not forget connect speed. Since I switched from T-Mo to Cingular, my time to connect has gone down. While my data rate on a 600 is not much better on Cingular, my overall time to the last bit is down.
  18. #938  
    Quote Originally Posted by MacUser
    If you had no contract but were still with T-Mobile would you:
    a. sign up with Cingular for the cheap 650 and grandfathered MWorks unlimited plan(available at mall by me)
    b. keep your unlocked T650 ordered from P1 and try the slower data rates on T-Mobile and maybe later change to Cingular but run the risk of the higher MWorks plan
    c. Go Sprint </shudder>
    d. other--suggestions appreciated
    I'm staying w/ T-Mobile. They are supposedly working on rolling EDGE out this year. Their customer support is awesome (at least compared to all the others). I'm still able to use the latest phones (as long as I pay a premium). I can live w/ slower speeds for the time being, as I've been fine w/ it on my Treo 180.
    ooooh, look at the shiny Copper Treo 680
  19. #939  
    Quote Originally Posted by MacUser
    T-Mo coverage is great here, but I see so many people bashing their data speeds. I guess I won't know till my 650 arrives how slow it really is. I hope to use my 650 a lot. It just sucks that if I keep the unlocked 650 and change to Cingular, they won't give me a rebate/incentive for a new contract so I lose out on a phone subsidy.
    If you switch to Cingular, you can order one of their "make money after rebates" phones from Amazon, sell it, and just use your unlocked 650.

    For example... http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...bosnation0e-20
    Units - Unit conversion for webOS!
    Treo 180->270->600->650->Blackberry Pearl->Palm Pre
  20.    #940  
    TMobile is cool. I think you Get More. And yes there customer service reps are well trained. However, he no EDGE thing gets me and they are last to roll out the technology and they lease towers from Cingular.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rtalian
    I'm staying w/ T-Mobile. They are supposedly working on rolling EDGE out this year. Their customer support is awesome (at least compared to all the others). I'm still able to use the latest phones (as long as I pay a premium). I can live w/ slower speeds for the time being, as I've been fine w/ it on my Treo 180.

Posting Permissions