Page 46 of 63 FirstFirst ... 36414243444546474849505156 ... LastLast
Results 901 to 920 of 1254
  1. #901  
    Oh, I also asked them if I bought an unlocked 650 from PalmOne and signed up with them for a 1 year contract what discount/rebate might I be eligible for. They answered, "Nothing". They discount phones, not plans or contracts.

    Someone in one of these threads said he had a friend that was going to get him a rebate/discount for signing a contract with his unlocked 650. Anyone else know where I may get one of those?
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
  2. #902  
    Quote Originally Posted by MacUser
    .


    Can they be that clueless?
    Yes, but that is not the issue. The issue is that rates are competitive but competition is local.
  3. #903  
    WITHOUT A SINGLE DOUBT IN MY MIND! They are the single most clueless CSR's I've EVER been entertained by in my entire life! I wonder sometimes if they "record these calls" for FUN instead of training...b/c those people couldn't tell a phone from a .... whatver you want to stick here...




    Quote Originally Posted by MacUser
    I was in the Cingular store at the mall by me again today. I asked about the MW plan. He informed me they had 2. I have a brochure in front of me confirming what they told me which is:

    Cingular MEdia Basic is $7.99 per month, 250 TM, 50 Multimedia messages and 1 MB of MEdia Net(wireless Internet)

    Cingular MEdia Works is $19.99 per month, 1500 TM, 200 Multimedia messages and UNLIMITED MEdia Net(wireless Internet)

    I even brought up that I had heard that their plan was for 3MB of Internet and told me that wasn't true.

    Can they be that clueless?
  4. #904  
    At the time of my post I "purchased" a 650 online (zip 07036) and when I selected the Mediaworks package it said $19.99 with 3MB data (plus it wouldn't allow me to put the 650 into a shared minutes plan). Others had the same result. From what I understand this isn't OFFICIALLY supposed to go into effect until Feb 11. I just tried it again right now and the only (unlimited) data option I got was the $79.99 plan and not even the new $39.99 or $44.99 or whatever (but still no family shared plan for the Treo). The new rates (data and voice plans) are supposed to go into effect on Feb 11. Frankly I think Cingular's website is totally fsucked up and if it was me I'd fire the company doing it. Maybe they are just testing customer reaction. Who knows. If you look at the folder you saw in the store it has a Jan 31 expiration date on the bottom. They are simply totally messed up and confusing the H3LL out of their customers. Now that P1 has the actual expiration date of 2/11 I assume it's accurate. So I guess they extended the expiration 11 days.

    One thing for sure, there WILL be changes Feb 11 (or 12).


    Quote Originally Posted by brightcell
    MisterEd,
    Where did you see that online (about the 3MB) ? Being in NYC, it will probably apply to this market too.
    I checked on Cingular and still saw MW with unlimited data but on P1, it says when choosing MW: "Cingular MEdia package offer expires 2/11/05"
    Thanks.
  5. #905  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanner
    Treo 600 for sale one hour left


    Your treo seems to be doing well on ebay .
    Do n't mess with Mohammed Ali for heaven's sake. Give him whatever price he is asking for
  6. #906  
    Absolutely 100% for sure they could be clueless. And that's being kind. It might today still be unlimited but wait till next week.

    It seems from a message here that P1 now has a 2/11 expiration data as well for Mediaworks on their site. So if you want it buy it this week.

    Quote Originally Posted by MacUser
    I even brought up that I had heard that their plan was for 3MB of Internet and told me that wasn't true.

    Can they be that clueless?
  7. #907  
    Mac user ,

    Forget P1 's price hike of unlocked T 650, check the price of new 17 inch G4 Powerbook on Amazon.com .
    I think , i can not afford to buy mac anymore
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...bosnation0e-20
  8. #908  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtreosexual
    Mac user ,
    Forget P1 's price hike of unlocked T 650, check the price of new 17 inch G4 Powerbook on Amazon.com .
    I think , i can not afford to buy mac anymore
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...bosnation0e-20
    ROTFL...it's listed as "Price:$99,999.99". Someone at Amazon has been puffin' the magic dragon me thinks....
    I'm sure if you try hard, or just go to http://www.apple.com, you can find it a bit cheaper
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
  9. #909  
    But it comes with free shipping!
    Quote Originally Posted by MacUser
    ROTFL...it's listed as "Price:$99,999.99". Someone at Amazon has been puffin' the magic dragon me thinks....
    I'm sure if you try hard, or just go to http://www.apple.com, you can find it a bit cheaper
  10. #910  
    Quote Originally Posted by MacUser
    ROTFL...it's listed as "Price:$99,999.99". Someone at Amazon has been puffin' the magic dragon me thinks....
    I'm sure if you try hard, or just go to http://www.apple.com, you can find it a bit cheaper
    You really think, I do not know where to buy Mac from ??
    BTW I have been using mac for almost a decade now and love it.
    My next wait is going to be for G5 powerbook, hope we won't get torture like this.
  11. #911  
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    But it comes with free shipping!
    And you forgot something else. Wow what a deal?

    ........................................................................................

    You could save $30 off this item when you get a new Amazon VisaŽ Card
    Apply now and if you're approved instantly, save $30 off your first purchase, earn 3% rewards, get a 0% APR,* and pay no annual fee.
    *


    Regular Price: $99999.99 *

    Amazon Visa discount: - $30.00
    Your new price: $99969.99
  12. #912  
    its not doing too bad... for a NEW one w/ acc's'

    anyone know of anything interesting to do w/ the Blootooth after I do a BT hotsync? b/c that's done already
  13.    #913  
    Media Cleaner is a application that allows you to convert DV video to different algorithyms, data rates and formats. Real Player, QuickTime, Windows Media, Divx, Kinoma and few others like Sorenson, etc. I use it at work. I can't afford it.
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    What is Media Cleaner (what does it do?)?
  14. #914  
    Quote Originally Posted by specimen38
    Media Cleaner is a application that allows you to convert DV video to different algorithyms, data rates and formats. Real Player, QuickTime, Windows Media, Divx, Kinoma and few others like Sorenson, etc. I use it at work. I can't afford it.

    yay! Just unloaded the Treo on fleabay...$335 not too bad...what did Uall get for yours? (mine was new UNUSED, unlocked, double acc's, and 256MB SD Card)
  15.    #915  
    Get a car kit. Kondor Visorcom and pair it with your Treo 650. I think you would like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanner
    its not doing too bad... for a NEW one w/ acc's'

    anyone know of anything interesting to do w/ the Blootooth after I do a BT hotsync? b/c that's done already
  16. #916  
    Ok, I am back from Arizona, just read through a few hundred posts, what is up?
    S-38 The 650, I love it. I have had zero resets since got on Thurs. I downloaded Verichat again, and Chatter. Both working very well, verichat graphics freak out once in a while, but not had a disconnection. I didn't use any of my 600 files in the transfer to the 650. Instead I just beamed all of my contacts, which was very fast. And I individually beamed all my date book, which was not fast. Only glitch that I notice, that has been reported, that is very annoying is in datebook. Birthdays how up hapharzardly on agenda view, on birth date sometimes they show up twice. When you delete a brithday, it deletes the contact. Bought a Moto 820 from Cing, has worked great. No static, loud volume, no dropped calls. Not tried a bluetooth hotsync as I need to get it for my pc.

    Oh, Edge in Cali and Arizona same between 95kb and 120kb, great.
  17.    #917  
    cglaguna,

    Everything is the usual around here. We live on the bleeding edge of early adoption. It is both a curse and blessing. We know everything almost the moment it happens as originally reported by MisterED. MediaWorks Unlimited has been reduced to a 3 MB/Month offering for the same $19.00. Good to hear things went well on the phone between Cali and Arizona and specially those EDGE speeds. People have been reporting some fast download speeds -- in some cases with 2 bars.

    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna
    Ok, I am back from Arizona, just read through a few hundred posts, what is up?
    S-38 The 650, I love it. I have had zero resets since got on Thurs. I downloaded Verichat again, and Chatter. Both working very well, verichat graphics freak out once in a while, but not had a disconnection. I didn't use any of my 600 files in the transfer to the 650. Instead I just beamed all of my contacts, which was very fast. And I individually beamed all my date book, which was not fast. Only glitch that I notice, that has been reported, that is very annoying is in datebook. Birthdays how up hapharzardly on agenda view, on birth date sometimes they show up twice. When you delete a brithday, it deletes the contact. Bought a Moto 820 from Cing, has worked great. No static, loud volume, no dropped calls. Not tried a bluetooth hotsync as I need to get it for my pc.

    Oh, Edge in Cali and Arizona same between 95kb and 120kb, great.
  18. #918  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtreosexual
    You really think, I do not know where to buy Mac from ??
    BTW I have been using mac for almost a decade now and love it.
    My next wait is going to be for G5 powerbook, hope we won't get torture like this.
    Of course I think you could find Mac All of the coolest people on earth can I'm glad you're part of the club.

    I did forget to mention the fact that shipping was free. I'm sure that tipped the scales for my buyers who were on the fence.
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
  19. #919  
    Quote Originally Posted by specimen38
    cglaguna,

    Everything is the usual around here. We live on the bleeding edge of early adoption. It is both a curse and blessing.
    at this point, more cursing than blessing...
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

    Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

    About me: story of the 100thMonkey
  20. #920  
    See posting http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=72075 for more info on upcaoming Cingular rates

Posting Permissions