Page 45 of 63 FirstFirst ... 35404142434445464748495055 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    So I tried Kinoma Producer & Player. P-E-R-F-E-C-T. Everything worked frst time and flawlessly. I only mention Kinoma because I rarely see it discussed here.
    Do you happen to know if it works with Mac OS X?

I'd also suggest buying the COMMERCIAL version of Divx (Divx Pro 5.2.1). It makes files almost 20% smaller then the free Divx.
    I just got Popcorn to go with my Toast, as I heard it increases the compression of dvd formats. I'll have to see if this works before I go get Divx Pro, if it works on a Mac.
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
    Here's my dilema (sp), I activated my account (4 phones - 1 Rzr, 3-V551's) less than 30 days ago, and added media works to the phones. This was mainly due to the rumors of the media changes (anywhere from 19.99 to 49.99). They continue to offer the media works for 19.99 for the 650. So do I return my phones under the 30 day agreement, and buy 4 650's while adding MediaWorks. Or do I continue to wait for the 4 unbranded phones I ordered from P1 and swap SIM cards?!?! Or am I screwed any way around by having MediaWorks? Has anyone not been able to surf websites using MediaWorks - or did we all jump to conclusions too soon?!?!? Thanks ahead of time!
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not" Thomas Jefferson
    I know nuttin' honey! (About a MAC that is!)
    Quote Originally Posted by MacUser
    Do you happen to know if it works with Mac OS X?

I just got Popcorn to go with my Toast, as I heard it increases the compression of dvd formats. I'll have to see if this works before I go get Divx Pro, if it works on a Mac.
    Now to add to the pot. The cingular store in Santa Maria, CA has the new plan sheets. According to the sheet (I saw it with my own eyes) The data plans are:

500kb - 4.99
    3 MB - 9.99
    8 MB - 19.99
    Unlim. - 44.99

They will start on 2/11 and the deal is if you sign up for any of the above plans from 2/11 through April, and you have a 39.99 voice plan - your first month of data will be unlimited (wow - whoppeee!)........and no they wouldn't give me a copy of it.....
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not" Thomas Jefferson
    Well ... they still offer mediaworks here too (NJ) but it's now only 3MB of data not unlimited (online, haven't been to a store). If you have it already (unlimited data) I wouldn't push my luck because by the time you get the unlocked phone things could REALLY be changed. The Feb 12th-14th (or so) date seems to be the master key for all their program changes INCLUDING the $9.99 family line which will ALLEGEDLY now require the $70 base plan instead of the $60 plan. I'd just eBay the phones you currently have and drop in what you want with the exisiting SIMs and never let them know. You'd probably get more on eBay anyway,

DISCLAIMER: Just one mans opinion, YMMV

Quote Originally Posted by firefinder24
    Here's my dilema (sp), I activated my account (4 phones - 1 Rzr, 3-V551's) less than 30 days ago, and added media works to the phones. This was mainly due to the rumors of the media changes (anywhere from 19.99 to 49.99). They continue to offer the media works for 19.99 for the 650. So do I return my phones under the 30 day agreement, and buy 4 650's while adding MediaWorks. Or do I continue to wait for the 4 unbranded phones I ordered from P1 and swap SIM cards?!?! Or am I screwed any way around by having MediaWorks? Has anyone not been able to surf websites using MediaWorks - or did we all jump to conclusions too soon?!?!? Thanks ahead of time!
    That's the PDA DATA PLAN we've all been talking about for 3 weeks. I guess my date was a good guess. As I said, they still have Mediaworks but it's 3MB not unlimited.
    Quote Originally Posted by firefinder24
    Now to add to the pot. The cingular store in Santa Maria, CA has the new plan sheets. According to the sheet (I saw it with my own eyes) The data plans are:

500kb - 4.99
    3 MB - 9.99
    8 MB - 19.99
    Unlim. - 44.99

They will start on 2/11 and the deal is if you sign up for any of the above plans from 2/11 through April, and you have a 39.99 voice plan - your first month of data will be unlimited (wow - whoppeee!)........and no they wouldn't give me a copy of it.....
    That's the PDA DATA PLAN we've all been talking about for 3 weeks. I guess my date was a good guess. As I said, they still have Mediaworks but it's 3MB not unlimited.

I thought it was interesting about the 8MB plan - hadn't heard that one before. And thanks for the advice - Im keeping the 4 unlocked 650's coming from P1!!!!
    SUPER DEAL! $35 shipped is the best I've seen. $35 almost sounds like a mistake PLUS their site says "free shipping over $99." I grabbed one before they changed their mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Rtalian
    I haven't been able to use the Scala yet, but the packaging is awesome. It comes w/ every accessory you can think of (holster, lanyard, charger, ear hook, eyeglasses clip). It's charged & ready to go for when my unlocked GSM Treo 650 comes in.
    If you do decide on the Scala, you can get it for $35 shipped here: http://www.pcmall.com/pcmall/shop/de...pno~511668.asp
    Hey Guys, first post here, took 2 days to read this 45 page post, be gentle on me

Anyway, I recenetly ordered my Cingular (Orange) 650 from P1 website on Thursday and will have it in hand tomorrow! My order number is 050203-247xxx for reference. I paid $549 No Tax or Shipping and received the Free Jabra BT headset since I have a T3 also. I'm not sure if anyone knows about this promotion since I did not see in mentioned here, but one of p1's CSRs told me that some previous Palm/Treo users are eligible for the a Free Jabra BT headsets if they give the serial number to pervious unit to the CSR. I was shocked the guy even told me that without me asking about it, I immediately went home to get my serial number and sure enough it scored me a Free BT headset which will be sold once I receive it since I hate the current Jabra BT headsets. I will be using my Motorola HBS820 with my Treo 650 instead as I have been very impressed with its performance with my Nokia 6230.

I'm not sure if I should announce this or not here but here goes:

I am an 8 year veteran of Cingular Wirelss Orange, I have been with them since 1997 when it was BellSouth Mobility DCS. I can try to help anyone with any "insider" questions they may have, but please be gentle since I do not make the "rules"

This is a GREAT forum and I will be here often to soak up everyone's knowledge on this fine product. Thank you for everyone's contributions!

Brian
    Tec_Toyz
    Last edited by Tec_Toyz; 02/06/2005 at 09:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tec_Toyz
    My order number is 050203-247XXX for reference
    I would take the last 2-3 digits out of your order number not a good idea to post the whole order number
    Hopefully not offtopic. I need to know if anybody with a Cingular GSM Treo 650, actually, really does have their DUN working properly yet. That being with the shadowmite patch of course.... I just received mine Friday the 4th and have read ALL the posts around here. I know about shadowmite's work in general terms. However what is the scoop from one Cingular GSM Treo 650 user to another....?
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowOK
    Hopefully not offtopic. I need to know if anybody with a Cingular GSM Treo 650, actually, really does have their DUN working properly yet. That being with the shadowmite patch of course.... I just received mine Friday the 4th and have read ALL the posts around here. I know about shadowmite's work in general terms. However what is the scoop from one Cingular GSM Treo 650 user to another....?
    There is another active thread here that is specifically on that very topic.
    Quote Originally Posted by wolwol
    so, has it been confirmed that the caller id works on treo 650?
    I have had it for a month or more (the HBH-660) using it with my Treo 650. Caller ID does work. I think the headset is good, but I wonder if a Jabra that actually goes into yuor ear would sound louder. No real complaints though. As to the radiation, I don't worry. Look at the other thread on the 650 being one of the top 10 highest radiation emmiting cell phones in the US.
    Treo 650 GSM
    Quote Originally Posted by MacUser
    Since you bring up Bluetooth, I have been reading up on BT headsets. I have seen many positive reviews of the Sony Ericsson HBH-660 Bluetooth Headset for Treo 650 http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=5163256676. Unfortunately, I have seen many people warn of the dangers of keeping a BT device so close to your brain for extended periods of time. Is there an validity to this? If not, is this headset any good? I'll have to investigate further to find BT earphones for music. Btw, what quality do you encode your music for PTunes?
    Has anyone used a BT device to listen to music? I thought this was not supported by the 650 so far anyway.
    Treo 650 GSM
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    Lurking for awhile, now posting.

I just called to upgrade my phone as noted here by TreoEntertainer, but alas, they are out of stock of AT&T Treo 650s. So that deal was to be had, but now it's gone. The only way I could get a 650 according to the CSR would be by a) switching to Cingular, b) go to Palm's website, or c) upgrade via the AT&T website. Nope, not for me.

I would've bought one, as $249 is the right price; I wonder if I didn't miss some steps in the process (was it business I was supposed to go to? the voice prompts are such a pain...)

Quote Originally Posted by TreoEntertainer
    MisterEd, Specimen & Gang, I am the proud owner of a new Treo 650 GSM. And yes, MisterEd, I paid ONLY $249 (264 after tax or shipping. Not sure which, but who cares.)

It actually arrived with my regular FedEx early this am before I arrived to the office. I immediately charged it and placed my SIM in it after the charge. I've been using it since as a phone and to surf. My Cingular Orange buddy and I got together for a quick coffee and he could not believe I had mine or the rate I paid.

He is testing the Cingular Orange branded phone. It is locked and it has a few minor problems that they were going to work out by meeting with Palm Engineers this afternoon. The main one was that they were having trouble displaying that more than one voice mail message was in the inbox, when there were several. He also said a couple of the Cingular folks on his staff were having sound buzzing issues. Apparantly those were isolated to only a couple of units, not the phone in general or the service. Finally, he admitted to me that in his opinion (after testing his for a week) this was the best data centric phone he has ever tested - and he claims to hate Palm.

Now as for my personal experience, for the couple of hours I've used it, I am getting to like it. I have yet to Sync it with my data, so it is not ready for prime time yet. I'll do that after this message. While out on the road today, I used my MMode and had trouble accessing several of my preset sites. I could not access AOL Mail nor my Go2Directory. So if anyone has any ideas here, please do tell. I did do a Google Search and it flew. I even started to log onto this message board, but I was to excited and almost lost control.

I'll post more as I get to experience it. If anyone can advise on how I can retrieve my AOL please let me know.
    Of course, I was a Cingular order...

Quote Originally Posted by specimen38
    Tanner,

Was your Treo 650 ordered from PalmOne? If so, give me an ideas of where where you were in the confirmation number scheme. I am 050201-2109XX.
    Quote Originally Posted by specimen38
    Why ask? I don't know why I asked. Perhaps it was the someone posted a slower speed for what should have been a faster EDGE speed. Perhaps I started "stinkin' thinkin" when I heard the news that MediaWorks Unlimited had been nixed. Or maybe it was shinoSetsuna posted those really fast download speeds. Who knows? Sorry I did not see your post 10 days ago about the change in MediaWorks. Whatever it was, I started doubting like the disciple Thomas who needed proof.

I could post some hypetheticals as to why some speeds would be slow on EDGE. For example - higher noise, lower data capacity. I could go into detail, but I don't know that anyone wants to read it anyway so I will save the long winded examples.
    Treo 650 GSM
    Quote Originally Posted by helpermonkey
    I have had it for a month or more (the HBH-660) using it with my Treo 650. Caller ID does work. I think the headset is good, but I wonder if a Jabra that actually goes into yuor ear would sound louder. No real complaints though. As to the radiation, I don't worry. Look at the other thread on the 650 being one of the top 10 highest radiation emmiting cell phones in the US.
    I used SE HBH 65 with my previous phone . The ear loop was causing problem and was uncomfortable , so i am not buying SE any more . Scala is a bit chunky . Jabra's are sleek and they hug the ear aroun d the loop also the ear bud goes deep inside .
    I wonder how it would be to keep that bud in your ear for hours .I will probably be going with Jabra .
    Well ... they still offer mediaworks here too (NJ) but it's now only 3MB of data not unlimited (online, haven't been to a store). If you have it already (unlimited data) I wouldn't push my luck because by the time you get the unlocked phone things could REALLY be changed. The Feb 12th-14th (or so) date seems to be the master key for all their program changes INCLUDING the $9.99 family line which will ALLEGEDLY now require the $70 base plan instead of the $60 plan. I'd just eBay the phones you currently have and drop in what you want with the exisiting SIMs and never let them know. You'd probably get more on eBay anyway,

DISCLAIMER: Just one mans opinion, YMMV
    MisterEd,
    Where did you see that online (about the 3MB) ? Being in NYC, it will probably apply to this market too.
    I checked on Cingular and still saw MW with unlimited data but on P1, it says when choosing MW: "Cingular MEdia package offer expires 2/11/05"
    Thanks.
    As I said, they still have Mediaworks but it's 3MB not unlimited.
    I was in the Cingular store at the mall by me again today. I asked about the MW plan. He informed me they had 2. I have a brochure in front of me confirming what they told me which is:

Cingular MEdia Basic is $7.99 per month, 250 TM, 50 Multimedia messages and 1 MB of MEdia Net(wireless Internet)

Cingular MEdia Works is $19.99 per month, 1500 TM, 200 Multimedia messages and UNLIMITED MEdia Net(wireless Internet)

I even brought up that I had heard that their plan was for 3MB of Internet and told me that wasn't true.

Can they be that clueless?
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650