Page 44 of 63 FirstFirst ... 34394041424344454647484954 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtreosexual
    Splashwallet - store password and credit card info. secure and password protected, ewallet is equally good.
    Is this really safe? What if God forbid, I lost my Treo and it had all that data. No one would be able to hack it?
    Quote Originally Posted by MacUser
    Is this really safe? What if God forbid, I lost my Treo and it had all that data. No one would be able to hack it?
    Theoretically, they could (anything is possible). It would be most unlikely that someone with the expertise and equipment necessary to do this would be hacking your stolen Treo (or anyone elses, unless your name is Bill Gates or something, but then you'd have a PPC... )
    What is Media Cleaner (what does it do?)?
    Quote Originally Posted by specimen38
    Kinoma....good call. I have Media Cleaner and it lets me export to Kinoma. I have used it only once, and it worked nicely. Good recommendation.
    Quote Originally Posted by specimen38
    Pocket Tunes: Turns your Treo into a MP3. Get some Bluetooh earphones and listen to music wirelessly.
    Since you bring up Bluetooth, I have been reading up on BT headsets. I have seen many positive reviews of the Sony Ericsson HBH-660 Bluetooth Headset for Treo 650 http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=5163256676. Unfortunately, I have seen many people warn of the dangers of keeping a BT device so close to your brain for extended periods of time. Is there an validity to this? If not, is this headset any good? I'll have to investigate further to find BT earphones for music. Btw, what quality do you encode your music for PTunes?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rtalian
    I got my Scala 500 yesterday, & my Sena case shipped today.
    I just looked up the Scala 500 and it seems to be pretty good...http://www.cooltechzone.com/index.ph...1&limitstart=0

So Scala 500 or HBH-660?
    I vote HBH-660. Ordered one from Dans Cellular in eBay for $92 shipped. The caller ID and not having to take the phone off my holster to see who is calling is an awesome feature.
    Wow, I was starting to dread my thirty-something birthday coming up next week. All of you renew my faith that in the future I'll continue to be tech savvy and not let fun new toys pass me by

P.S. I'm STILL waiting for my Unlocked GSM Treo, and I know I'm not alone.
    Relax; the best is yet to come.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZBoater
    I vote HBH-660. Ordered one from Dans Cellular in eBay for $92 shipped. The caller ID and not having to take the phone off my holster to see who is calling is an awesome feature.
    so, has it been confirmed that the caller id works on treo 650?
    treo 650: on my hand nya nya nya!
    Quote Originally Posted by wolwol
    so, has it been confirmed that the caller id works on treo 650?
    I will let you know as soon as I get it..
    With enough work, access, indifference to detection, special knowledge, and time, anyone can hack anything. Your question assumes access. I will grant that a finder is indifferent to detection. That leaves work, special knowledge, and time. Depending upon the length of the password that you have chosen for the device and Splashwallet, a finder might need weeks to months. Since they have no real idea about the value of success, chances are pretty good that a finder will give up before expending that much work. Most will settle for a hard reset and the device.

Still, since you might be the exception, use those weeks to months to change the passwords. I do not know about you but I now have low hundreds of IDs and passwords; I am likely to need a while to change substantially all of them.
    Last edited by whmurray; 02/06/2005 at 10:06 AM.
    ....Unfortunately, I have seen many people warn of the dangers of keeping a BT device so close to your brain for extended periods of time.....
    When I was a student at the Artillery School at Fort Sill, we had a course from the CBR (chemical, biological, and radiological) warfare officer. He said, "I know you have all heard that radiation can make you sterile. Unless you are concerned about making angels pregnant, do not worry about it; it will take twice the lethal dose."

If you keep a BT headset on for "extended periods of time" it will fry your brain. Think in terms of millenia.
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    You mean you think I'm a skindiver who cleans aquariums for a living?

No No Noooooooo...
    Your frequent changing of avatar is creating confusion .
    The latest image is that of " Big Fat ,almost naked guy from New Jersey trying to be a scuba diver.

I should not be doing this , i feel guilty .
    As i am almost half your age and my parents did teach me to respect the elders.
    BTW Mr ED and WH please make sure you get your colonoscopies in time.
    (That 's just a professional opinion , i tell people every day)
    Everyone above 50 should talk to your doctors about getting one
    ( Sorry for being off topic here>>)
    I think it is. It's the same thing as loosing your wallet, however one who finds it will take time in figuring out the password and you can cancel your cards in the mean time.
    Way much better and safer than loosing your wallet.
    Hmmmmm ... interesting thought for an Avatar. The scuba diver, not the colonoscopy.
    No No Noooooooo...
    The latest image is that of " Big Fat ,almost naked guy from New Jersey trying to be a scuba diver.
    ......BTW Mr ED and WH please make sure you get your colonoscopies in time. (That 's just a professional opinion , i tell people every day) Everyone above 50 should talk to your doctors about getting one
    ( Sorry for being off topic here>>)
    I appreciate your concern. My latest was two years ago. Am I due?
    I think it is. It's the same thing as loosing your wallet, however one who finds it will take time in figuring out the password and you can cancel your cards in the mean time.
    Way much better and safer than loosing your wallet.
    Most of those who find a wallet (or a Treo) attempt to return it to its legitimate owner.
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray
    Most of those who find a wallet (or a Treo) attempt to return it to its legitimate owner.
    That's fanatasy world and if you are lucky
    I have been unlucky so far in gettign back my stuff.
    I appreciate your concern. My latest was two years ago. Am I due?
    Not if it was a good prep without any findings and no family history.
    Just check with your GI 's office , Usually they right recommendation for repeat one at the bottom of procedure note, unless there are significant findings on pathology.
    Also check " American Cancer society colorectal cancer screeening guidelines".
    I just looked up the Scala 500 and it seems to be pretty good...http://www.cooltechzone.com/index.ph...1&limitstart=0

So Scala 500 or HBH-660?
    I haven't been able to use the Scala yet, but the packaging is awesome. It comes w/ every accessory you can think of (holster, lanyard, charger, ear hook, eyeglasses clip). It's charged & ready to go for when my unlocked GSM Treo 650 comes in.
    If you do decide on the Scala, you can get it for $35 shipped here: http://www.pcmall.com/pcmall/shop/de...pno~511668.asp
    ooooh, look at the shiny Copper Treo 680
    If you keep a BT headset on for "extended periods of time" it will fry your brain. Think in terms of millenia.
    So you're saying it's safe?

Thanks for the info...I'll probably try one then.
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650