Page 43 of 63 FirstFirst ... 33383940414243444546474853 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by specimen38
    Hey helper,

I am impressed with the speeds. I just I am so lucky with MediaWorks in the SF Bay Area. Hey...Mtreosexual if you're listening -- fire up that the Sprint phone and post the DSL report. I can't think of the name of that website at the moment. I am getting old -- whmurray. I can't remember things they way I used to. I think it's http://www.dslreport.com/ [EDIT] Someone steer me right.

What do you mean?
    I returned the damn thingy, the day after unlocked version was announced.
    BTW, I was busy in a conference in carmel, CA.
    My arms are sore from Kayaking.Therfore will be posting at a lesser speed.
    Interestingly San Fran airport has a large advertisement displaying Palmone and treo 600 series.

I think it's the wait for the phone which is making you feel old ?
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray
    I only said that you are younger than I. I am a septagenarian; most people are younger than I. It is clear from the record that you have been willing to give P1 every possible benefit of the doubt. While I try not to attribute to malice what can be as easily explained by stupidity, P1 cannot be both smart enough to develop the Treo and stupid enough to treat its customers as it does.

Buy Apple, sell P1.

Wh
    Old is gold
    You are definitely way older than i am .
    Will have to treat your comments more seriously .

Hey you guys( Mr ed/ S 38 /Tanner/CG laguna and the rest)
    "show some respect for da man" .
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    Are you on Orange or Blue?
    Do you ever stop this Sh$t?
  4.    #844  
    My software recommendations: (I am not a gamer, so you'll have to look elsewhere for that)

ZLauncher (because T650 has 32 meg/memory + 128 SD Card. ZLauncher will trick your Treo into thinking resident memory and extended memory are the same. This is important because some application only run from resident memory. There are other products like ZLauncher -- the names of which escape me at the time. [EDIT:] PowerRun is like ZLauncher)

Documents To Go: (check first to see if it comes with the T650, if not grab a copy of it. It's like having Microsoft Office on your Treo)

Pocket Tunes: Turns your Treo into a MP3. Get some Bluetooh earphones and listen to music wirelessly.

Pocket DVD: If you don't mind encoding your DVDs to Palm to watch on the commuter train or when you have time.

PalmPrint or Print Boy I utilize this because we have BlueTooth and Infra Red printers on my job.

NoviiRemote 2.51 I have not tried this out yet, but I like the idea of it. I will probably get this app. Check this out : NoviiRemote

Wireless Keyboard See link: http://web.palmone.com/products/Prod...0007&cat=20022

512/1GB SD Memory: Anybody but San Disk.

Quote Originally Posted by MacUser
    Okay oldest bro, I was just at PalmGear.com looking at applications. How much cash would you guestimate I'll need to spend on required software? Remember, I'm starting with nothing. You see, buying things for the 650 is the only way to keep sane knowing P1 is sitting on my Unlocked 650.
  5.    #845  
    Dude,

We could have hung out. Broke the anonymity. Well...maybe...? You were in my neighborhood. SF Bay. Okay...you returned it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtreosexual
    What do you mean?
    I returned the damn thingy, the day after unlocked version was announced.
    BTW, I was busy in a conference in carmel, CA.
    My arms are sore from Kayaking.Therfore will be posting at a lesser speed.
    Interestingly San Fran airport has a large advertisement displaying Palmone and treo 600 series.

I think it's the wait for the phone which is making you feel old ?
  6.    #846  
    I know. True that....! His disclosure put things in perspective. However, I think whmurray and I have had an amicable relationship.
    Wh
    Old is gold
    You are definitely way older than i am .
    Will have to treat your comments more seriously .

Hey you guys( Mr ed/ S 38 /Tanner/CG laguna and the rest)
    "show some respect for da man" .
    My software recommendations: (I am not a gamer, so you'll have to look elsewhere for that)

ZLauncher (because T650 has 32 meg/memory + 128 SD Card. ZLauncher will trick your Treo into thinking resident memory and extended memory are the same. This is important because some application only run from resident memory. There are other products like ZLauncher -- the names of which escape me at the time. [EDIT:] PowerRun is like ZLauncher)

Documents To Go: (check first to see if it comes with the T650, if not grab a copy of it. It's like having Microsoft Office on your Treo)

Pocket Tunes: Turns your Treo into a MP3. Get some Bluetooh earphones and listen to music wirelessly.

Pocket DVD: If you don't mind encoding your DVDs to Palm to watch on the commuter train or when you have time.

PalmPrint or Print Boy I utilize this because we have BlueTooth and Infra Red printers on my job.

NoviiRemote 2.51 I have not tried this out yet, but I like the idea of it. I will probably get this app. Check this out : NoviiRemote

Wireless Keyboard See link: http://web.palmone.com/products/Prod...0007&cat=20022

Splashwallet - store password and credit card info. secure and password protected, ewallet is equally good.

What's wrong with San disk cards?
    Do you know much about this infrared projection virtual keyboard?
    Works great with ipaq.
    I am thinking about buying one (around 200 bucks).
    NO BUTLER PLEASE ,People are having reset problems, every time butler tries to kiss your a$$.
    Will not mess around with cheap 3rd party apps, as T650 seems to be very sensitive to them
    Last edited by Mtreosexual; 02/06/2005 at 01:30 AM.
    *respectfully bows to WH*

Not to rub it in...but my treo ARRIVED! Can't wait for U guys to enjoy this goodness soon.

going to check data speeds now... wish me luck...

oh what's the latest on the MW Plans? 3mb limit or just on NEW plans?
    Dude,

We could have hung out. Broke the anonymity. Well...maybe...? You were in my neighborhood. SF Bay. Okay...you returned it.
    Yep...
    Did have a brief flash of your avatar ,on seeing the P1 advertisement at SF airpot
    as i had vague idea you live in that area.
    Strange and intresting, we remeber and picture each other as our avatar.
    I am glad Mr ED removed his big fat naked guy,i still picture Mr ed as someone close to his avatar.
    Sorry Mr Ed But that's the reality.......
    69 kbits/sec whoa...2-3x faster than GPRS was! & that was only TWO BARS WOW!

LOVIN' IT!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanner
    *respectfully bows to WH*

Not to rub it in...but my treo ARRIVED! Can't wait for U guys to enjoy this goodness soon.

going to check data speeds now... wish me luck...

oh what's the latest on the MW Plans? 3mb limit or just on NEW plans?
    I am happy for you..
    You got your toy .No More Alcohol, now ....Are you listening ??
    unreal...wow!

Wow That 's fast ......
    TMo are you listening ........
    Quote Originally Posted by MacUser
    Okay oldest bro, I was just at PalmGear.com looking at applications. How much cash would you guestimate I'll need to spend on required software? Remember, I'm starting with nothing. You see, buying things for the 650 is the only way to keep sane knowing P1 is sitting on my Unlocked 650.
    With this list so far, I'm the youngest bro. I'm also glad to hear that you guys are as enthused about the latest tech as I am.
    & I hear ya' on buying things for the 650 to keep sane. I got my Scala 500 yesterday, & my Sena case shipped today.
    ooooh, look at the shiny Copper Treo 680
    You mean you think I'm a skindiver who cleans aquariums for a living?

i still picture Mr ed as someone close to his avatar.
    Re software lists: If you're into videos on your Treo .... I bought pocket DVD. For me (YMMV)it was a total disaster. Nothing converted properly, sound out of sync, crashes, freezes.

So I tried Kinoma Producer & Player. P-E-R-F-E-C-T. Everything worked frst time and flawlessly. I only mention Kinoma because I rarely see it discussed here.

I'd also suggest buying the COMMERCIAL version of Divx (Divx Pro 5.2.1). It makes files almost 20% smaller then the free Divx.
  16.    #857  
    Next time.... LOL about MisterED's former avatar.
    Yep...
    Did have a brief flash of your avatar ,on seeing the P1 advertisement at SF airpot
    as i had vague idea you live in that area.
    Strange and intresting, we remeber and picture each other as our avatar.
    I am glad Mr ED removed his big fat naked guy,i still picture Mr ed as someone close to his avatar.
  17.    #858  
    Tanner,

Was your Treo 650 ordered from PalmOne? If so, give me an ideas of where where you were in the confirmation number scheme. I am 050201-2109XX.
    69 kbits/sec whoa...2-3x faster than GPRS was! & that was only TWO BARS WOW!

LOVIN' IT!
  18.    #859  
    Kinoma....good call. I have Media Cleaner and it lets me export to Kinoma. I have used it only once, and it worked nicely. Good recommendation.
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    Re software lists: If you're into videos on your Treo .... I bought pocket DVD. For me (YMMV)it was a total disaster. Nothing converted properly, sound out of sync, crashes, freezes.

So I tried Kinoma Producer & Player. P-E-R-F-E-C-T. Everything worked frst time and flawlessly. I only mention Kinoma because I rarely see it discussed here.

I'd also suggest buying the COMMERCIAL version of Divx (Divx Pro 5.2.1). It makes files almost 20% smaller then the free Divx.
    Thanks for the info. I thought the San Disk Ultra II was the best?! Who do you trust your stuff to? I use Lexar cards for my digital photography.