Page 39 of 63 FirstFirst ... 29343536373839404142434449 ... LastLast
    I work on a PC every day, but my wife and I thoroughly enjoy our 15" Powerbook that sits on the coffee table and lets us browse while watching tv. It's a great machine. At first my wife didn't like it - mostly because she wasn't used to it - but now she thinks it's great.
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
    I'm 98% sure the $39.99 UNLIMITED plan has the same (alleged) restrictions as the $19.99 UNLIMITED plan - YMMV. AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $the$ $only$ &$quot$;$wide$ $open$&$quot$; UNLIMITED plan is the $79.00 dealie. The $39 plan still restricts tethering as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by shinoSetsuna
    i agreed to the unlimited data plan for $39.99 a month, i didn't want to take the chance of having any issues w/ blocked ports on the mMode plan crop up, i really need SSH and Telnet access, along w/ encrypted VPN...
  3.    #763  
    Has anyone while using their GSM 650 encountered a problem with the consumpution of too much memory when copying data/applications or files over from your T600?
    walked in to a local cingular retail store yesterday and bought a treo 650. i went to the same store on wednesday morning and asked for the treo 650, they said it will be available for purchase at the end of february, and do not have further information on the product. the store received 12 treo 650 that same afternoon. i guess people at the bottom of cingular food chain (store reps) really were given zero to no clue on the treo 650.

anyway, back to my question. i was able to set up the voice mail successfully, however now whenever i try to retrieve my voice mail by tapping on the voicemail shortcut or holding down the 1 button, it connects me to Sprint????? It says, "Welcome to Sprint, para espanol something numero something...." what's going on???

has anyone else experienced the same problem??? how do i get my cingular wireless voicemail???

sorry if this topic has been discussed before, i'm only a noob.
    gadraw: sounds like the voicemail number might be incorrect? i'd go into your treo (don't know HOW to yet, since i don't HAVE mine yet), and verify that the 1-button linked number is correct. if you don't know what it should be, call cingular customer service and get the right number for your area first.
    If animals are deprived of hope ... they are compensated by being given an almost endless patience for enduring, or simply for waiting. - Joseph Wood Krutch
    Beloved old unbranded GSM 650 shorting out and retired.
    Now happily driving the Black Euro GSM Centro. Yum.
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray
    My college roomate has lived in Shre'poat all his married life.
    Love them scrimps there!

Here is the new idea, Shadowmite needs to get a copy of the ROM of the unbranded/unlocked GSM 650. If he can get that, I'm nearly certain the Cingular branded phones could be unlocked. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I'd gladly pay the $150 default fee later down the line in this case, it's almost like taking out an extended loan. I am really dissapointed in the price hike...
    HS visor Deluxe (Blue) & Palm IIIx ► HS visor Prism & visorPhone ►P1 T|T & SE T68i ► Tapwave Zodiac2 & P1 Treo 650 GSM ►Treo 680 unlocked ► Sprint Pre(-)►TouchPad & Sprint FrankenPre2 VZW

I will leave Palm/webOS only after kicking, screaming and wrecking anything on my way out.

- (Sigh)... It died.
    Treo Central Stories Page: "UPDATED The price of the unlocked Treo 650 has increased by a $100, up to $699 from $599. The $599 price was "a mistake," according to palmOne. "
    Suppose you ordered one for $599- for shipment before 2/3. P1 does not ship; back orders. What price will they charge you? Will they tell you? If they offer you the new price, will you pay?
    Global Posts
    805 Global Posts
    Suppose you ordered one for $599- for shipment before 2/3. P1 does not ship; back orders. What price will they charge you? Will they tell you? If they offer you the new price, will you pay?
    From the same article:
    According to palmOne Vice President Marlene Somsak, the $599 pricing was "a mistake. For those who got the earlier lower-priced GSM Treo 650's...lucky them!"
    I can only assume from that quote that if you got in at the lower price, they'll honor it.
    usually i'd skip over and order the locked phone from cingular, but having a major issue with the deadly sin of "Pride" (offended by the conspiracy theory of cingular threatening palm), i'd probably bite it and buy the unlocked still. especially given the assumption that a lot of people would drop their orders and then mine would ship faster. *cough*
    If animals are deprived of hope ... they are compensated by being given an almost endless patience for enduring, or simply for waiting. - Joseph Wood Krutch
    Beloved old unbranded GSM 650 shorting out and retired.
    Now happily driving the Black Euro GSM Centro. Yum.
    Global Posts
    586 Global Posts
    Got it this morning. Trying to reinstall software. So far, so good - I'm about 75% there...
    Vince
    Can anyone post the data settings from their Cingular locked 650?

I have an unlocked 650 coming, and i'm not 100% if any settings are stored on my current SIM or not.
    Looks like I answered part of my own question by doing a search

For MediaWorks:

(it must be in all caps)
    Username: WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
    Password: CINGULAR1

(your APN can be in all lowercase)
    APN: wap.cingular
    Aparrently this works for EDGE if available. Anyone out there have a map of EDGE availability?
  13.    #773  
    PalmOne order status
    050201-210XXX
    -------------------------------
    Anyone 050201-210700 or less receive their order yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by specimen38
    PalmOne order status
    050201-210XXX
    Nope, 050201-2103xx
    Mine is unlocked though.
    Ya ha,saved 100 bucks by early ordering.Thanks TC.
    Treocentraling from Monterey,CA
    Kayaking here is so much fun.......
    Quote Originally Posted by nathos
    Can anyone post the data settings from their Cingular locked 650?

I have an unlocked 650 coming, and i'm not 100% if any settings are stored on my current SIM or not.
    They are. When you move your SIM both voice and data will work. No configuration is required.
    Really? Hmmmmm ... I put my sim into an unlocked spare LG I have and I had to sms the APN & logon settings from ATT's website in order to get my web & email to work.
    They are. When you move your SIM both voice and data will work. No configuration is required.
    Quote Originally Posted by specimen38
    PalmOne order status
    050201-210XXX
    not me...still back ordered
    ooooh, look at the shiny Copper Treo 680
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    Really? Hmmmmm ... I put my sim into an unlocked spare LG I have and I had to sms the APN & logon settings from ATT's website in order to get my web & email to work.
    The treo will automatically detect the settings and fill them in. I don't think this works with most other phones but apparently the treo is "smart" enough to do it.
    I find that believing the universe spontaneously generated, developed self-governing laws, and produced intelligent life all by random, purposeless, material events requires greater faith than I am able to muster.
    I have the order 050202-2200xx in my hands right now! Unfortunately Cingular locked, but I couldn't see going to T-mobile anytime soon. I am happy I have it, but am having lots of problems setting it up. I am having hotsync issues coming from my clie. I am on my way though!
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddyof3
    I have the order 050202-2200xx in my hands right now! Unfortunately Cingular locked, but I couldn't see going to T-mobile anytime soon. I am happy I have it, but am having lots of problems setting it up. I am having hotsync issues coming from my clie. I am on my way though!

Keep working on it Daddy!
    I hope the kids are excited.
    Now do n't you cry if you can not get it to work or if you are getting resets !