Page 37 of 63 FirstFirst ... 27323334353637383940414247 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by thejoshuatree
    Overall I am pretty happy. No problems with call quality, no problems with synching. Everything seems to works well except for my BT. I have had conversations where the BT worked just fine and then a few times where the BT and the T-650 both shut down all at once. I don't know if this is a problem with my T-650 or my BT headset. However, the BT headset worked perfectly on my Motorola Razr. Also, The BT headset had a great range with the Razr. I could walk all over the apartment. It worked through walls even. Not so well with the T-650 though. It seems very tempermental not allowing me to put much distance between me and the T-650. Still testing though.

I haven't even tried the versa-mail yet. I'll let everyone know.
    Yes? And battery life?
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray
    The people here may actually know something.
    for every expert,there is an equal and opposite expert
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Well, it took a 2-day wait, but I am happy now ! Received my T650-GSM (Cingular Orange) 5 minutes ago and is charging right now.
    I ordered this on 2/1 via Cingular B2B.

http://home.comcast.net/~michael.cariaga/Treo650-A.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/~michael.cariaga/Treo650-B.JPG

What I noticed so far:

1) DUN is disabled
    2) 64k SIM to replace my old one!
    3) Locked to Cingular

Will have more feedback when I get it all powered up!

*happy-dance*
    michael [TX76Mike]
    BB Tour (Verizon) ∙ 16GB iPhone 3GS (AT&T) ∙ Palm Pre (Cricket)
    Follow me on twitter
    I have had a couple dropped calls in strong signal areas. Just suddenly went away. Wasn't using BT.
    Quote Originally Posted by thejoshuatree
    Overall I am pretty happy. No problems with call quality, no problems with synching. Everything seems to works well except for my BT. I have had conversations where the BT worked just fine and then a few times where the BT and the T-650 both shut down all at once. I don't know if this is a problem with my T-650 or my BT headset. However, the BT headset worked perfectly on my Motorola Razr. Also, The BT headset had a great range with the Razr. I could walk all over the apartment. It worked through walls even. Not so well with the T-650 though. It seems very tempermental not allowing me to put much distance between me and the T-650. Still testing though.

I haven't even tried the versa-mail yet. I'll let everyone know.
  5.    #725  
    I am going to print this out and make a poster out of this phrase.
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thMonkey
    put it on a t-shirt.
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
    Question---with this free 128meg SD card offer from P1.

If you purchase it (the t650) from Cingular does Cingular carry the warranty? Who is responsible for it? Is that why the price could be different, kinda like OEM?

Anyways....the reason for asking is that usually when I get a device I NEVER register unless I have a problem. That way if/when I do have an issue I get the warranty from that date forward.

Thoughts? ...also, please check my post eariler about GPRS/EDGE speeds in my area
    Thanks! Dale
    Last edited by netdale; 02/03/2005 at 01:25 PM.
  8.    #728  
    100th,

Is this your own expression or are you quoting someone on this? I am going to print this in poster size in our computer lab. I want attribute the bibliographic references correctly.
    I want a copy of that poster as well - too close to my work reality
    Quote Originally Posted by specimen38
    100th,

Is this your own expression or are you quoting someone on this? I am going to print this in poster size in our computer lab. I want attribute the bibliographic references correctly.

Charles Fort maybe
  11.    #731  
    I will have to bookmark this page on my T650 when it arrives. I found the 100thMonkey's great saying on a page with a bunch of other cool sayings. Here: http://www.interactives.co.uk/quotation%20kit.htm
    Thanks. FWIW, here are a couple of others.

When you hide your head in the sand, you become a bike rack

If you have to deal with vendor presentations -
    "The amount of BS in a presentation is directly proportional to the number of people required to present it"
    Quote Originally Posted by specimen38
    I will have to bookmark this page on my T650 when it arrives. I found the 100thMonkey's great saying on a page with a bunch of other cool sayings. Here: http://www.interactives.co.uk/quotation%20kit.htm

i found it as well.....

http://www.crystalclouds.co.uk/searc...archbioid=2114

according to the site, its quoted by Thomas Sowell ?
    WHMurray............actually the battery does seem to drain a bit quicker than I would expect. I was using it round the clock yesterday. What seems to drain the battery the fastest is talking on the phone. We will see how it holds up today.
  15.    #735  
    cglaguna, give us first impressions. I want to know what you think. It appears that for every Treo 650 expert, there is opposite expert, who knows nothing. I like the that Treo 650 glow on "Felix". Felix looks like he's praising the Lord.
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna
    I am in in TEAM! Was supposed to get 650 today Fed Ex. But couldn't wait. Called closest Cingular Orange Company Store, they got 5 today, I got last one!!!!! $449. NO DATA, No problem.
    Went home sim switcharoo, Media works and EDGE Speeds.

So to all those who argued with me:
    Can't use Media works
    Can't get Edge Speeds with MEdia Works
    Can't buy phone without Data
    Data $80
    Cingular won't release til March
    Can get Blue but not Orange for a long time

Oh the Fed Ex was home when I arrived. IDIOTS 600. So I am glad I hedged my bet.
    Brilliant - according to other posts, this is not an original, but thanks for bringing it to our attention! So true... just like Dilbert comics. Along those lines has any one seen the Dispair inc. posters on Think Geek ? Good stuff in my view. One of my favorites -

Incompetence
    "When You Earnestly Believe You Can Compensate For A Lack Of Skill By Doubling Your Efforts, There's No End To What You Can't Do."

and this isn't too bad either

Motivation
    If A Pretty Poster And A Cute Saying Are All It Takes To Motivate You, You Probably Have A Very Easy Job. The Kind Robots Will Be Doing Soon.
    Treo 650 GSM
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    I have had a couple dropped calls in strong signal areas. Just suddenly went away. Wasn't using BT.
    That could be from anything. There are plenty of things that cause drops besides signal strength. Anyone else with this problem? Not me.
    Treo 650 GSM
    Quote Originally Posted by netdale
    Hmm, how can I tell? I'm not exactly sure.....however unless EDGE is dial-up modem slow I'm only running GPRS. Ok, if I use the Cingular software to logon with---and go to "network info"

Network Type: GRPS
    Network: Cingular
    Signal Strength: 100%
    APN Used: isp.cingular.com (which is odd since I'm using mediaworks)
    IP: 166.138.210.70 (a real ip)

I ran 2 tests with bandwidthplace and got the following results:

29.2 kilobits per second
    Communications 29.2 kilobits per second
    Storage 3.6 kilobytes per second
    1MB file download 4.8 minutes
    Subjective rating Very slow

30.8 kilobits per second
    Communications 30.8 kilobits per second
    Storage 3.8 kilobytes per second
    1MB file download 4.5 minutes
    Subjective rating Slow

So.....ideas?? I cannot wait for my t650, however, my v551 speeds suck?!

Thanks guys, Dale
    netdale, your device is an EDGE device according to the motorola web site - I don't know how many EDGE slots though. Either way, I don't know if you are on an EDGE network or not. Just because you are doesn't mean you will get good speeds though. Network quality matters, and could be the limiting factor. You say you have full bars on your phone and are getting poor speeds? Ever try calling 611 and putting in a complaint? Could be the network...
    Treo 650 GSM
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna
    I am in in TEAM! Was supposed to get 650 today Fed Ex. But couldn't wait. Called closest Cingular Orange Company Store, they got 5 today, I got last one!!!!! $449. NO DATA, No problem.
    Went home sim switcharoo, Media works and EDGE Speeds.
    I'm sure it works...just worried about getting billed for non-WAP or tethered traffic...
    To anyone asking about sound quality - I tested my 650 again today in a noisy car, with stereo at different volume levels using both the BT headset i have HBH-660, speakerphone and as normal phone. At no time would I say the sound quality was bad. Sure with the stereo cranked all I got was a lot of distortion, but I am talking loud... I had to yell but you could at least hear I was yelling. I don't think the CDMA sound problems are on my GSM unit at all. With BT headset, sound is not as good, but it is not bad either I don't think. It is something I have commented on several times before.

Hope this helps. I think it was GWB who asked this after I said the sound was good.
    Treo 650 GSM