Page 36 of 63 FirstFirst ... 26313233343536373839404146 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RNBWRON
    I'm not smiling any more! Cingular shipped me two units alright. Got them overnight this morning. But they are not Treo 650s they are Treo 600. Boy was I pissed. The sales guy confirmed they were going to be 650s. So much for happiness. After several more attempts today, still no luck.
    Sorry. Reminds me one more time why I do not order by phone when the web is an option.
    Maybe the weird free weather program is what's backordered. Ha!

(I remember when the Sprint version finally came out a bunch of people had problems because Sprint was out of the rebate form - yes a piece of paper - and their orders were held because this piece of paper was backordered. It was pretty funny.)
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
    Quote Originally Posted by specimen38
    Oh....but you will soon. Mine on order too. And you know GSM rules!
    I just checked my PalmOne unbranded Treo650 order and now it's listed as "Back Ordered". I ordered at 11:29 PM EST last night. I can't believe they didn't have any boxed and ready to go
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobookins
    Maybe the weird free weather program is what's backordered. Ha!

(I remember when the Sprint version finally came out a bunch of people had problems because Sprint was out of the rebate form - yes a piece of paper - and their orders were held because this piece of paper was backordered. It was pretty funny.)

Looks like too many international orders is what got us into trouble.
    Walked into a Cingular store in the Bay Area and they had just gotten 5 of them in stock. 2 interested parties but the guy would have sold me all 5 if I wanted. Unfortunately, (or not) as a Cingular customer you're screwed on the upgrade. I have to wait 23 days and then I get the $100 off with contract....until then, I'd have to pay the $549. Seems stupid to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtreosexual
    Looks like too many international orders is what got us into trouble.
    I am not laughing. I have been saying all along that they are not honorable.
    Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know of any Sacramento area stores that have the 650 in stock for Cingular?

TIA!!!!
    collegedoc
    Umm, not sure why I only have GPRS --- I'm out in the middle of nowhere, so I will blame it on that. I cannot WAIT till 1.) Get my t650 ordered tomorrow 2.) can try out EDGE.

Dale
    I am in in TEAM! Was supposed to get 650 today Fed Ex. But couldn't wait. Called closest Cingular Orange Company Store, they got 5 today, I got last one!!!!! $449. NO DATA, No problem.
    Went home sim switcharoo, Media works and EDGE Speeds.

So to all those who argued with me:
    Can't use Media works
    Can't get Edge Speeds with MEdia Works
    Can't buy phone without Data
    Data $80
    Cingular won't release til March
    Can get Blue but not Orange for a long time

Oh the Fed Ex was home when I arrived. IDIOTS 600. So I am glad I hedged my bet.
    JoshuaTree: where in SoCal? I called MANY stores, the best I could find was tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDudeG4
    JoshuaTree: where in SoCal? I called MANY stores, the best I could find was tomorrow
    Found mine today in Irvine. Hint, if you are upgrading you may want to tell the store you are having problems with your phone. Irvine was only selling to New activations but seemed soft hearted towards one person who walked in after me (I got last one) and said they would hold one from the next batch for him (he had a 600 and Iknow he made up the story.)
    TheDudeG4 and CGLaguna..............the Cingular store I got mine at is at:

808 Wilshire Blvd
    Santa Monica, CA 90401
    310-394-6774

They had 15 as of the morning and still had a dozen by 2:30 p.m.

The Cingular store I went to had no accessories. I went to the PalmOne store in CenturyCity Mall on Santa Monica Blvd and Beverly Glen. They really didn't have much for accessories but said they would be getting several Cingular T-650's tomorrow. They won't be getting any unlocked versions for a few weeks.

Let me know how it turns out.
    Overall I am pretty happy. No problems with call quality, no problems with synching. Everything seems to works well except for my BT. I have had conversations where the BT worked just fine and then a few times where the BT and the T-650 both shut down all at once. I don't know if this is a problem with my T-650 or my BT headset. However, the BT headset worked perfectly on my Motorola Razr. Also, The BT headset had a great range with the Razr. I could walk all over the apartment. It worked through walls even. Not so well with the T-650 though. It seems very tempermental not allowing me to put much distance between me and the T-650. Still testing though.

I haven't even tried the versa-mail yet. I'll let everyone know.
    cglaguna - brilliant avitar change from pacing cat (which I always loved,) to jubilant cat. (I know that cat is famous but I can't remember from where?) Congrats dude.

Mine's on order from P1 (although they seem to be backordering everyone right now,) and I just received confirmation that Piel Frama has shipped my 650 UPS Express from Italy. Do you have your case already. How is it? And Post a little review of the 650 when you get a chance.
    It's Felix!
    Quote Originally Posted by netdale
    Umm, not sure why I only have GPRS --- I'm out in the middle of nowhere, so I will blame it on that. I cannot WAIT till 1.) Get my t650 ordered tomorrow 2.) can try out EDGE.

Dale
    You currently have an EDGE capable device? Who's network are you on? All Blue should be EDGE (for a long time now) Orange should be too I thought, but the Cingular areas that are really T-Mobile are obviously only GPRS...
    Treo 650 GSM
    Quote Originally Posted by lep354
    It's Felix!
    Of course! (Now I feel stupid for asking.)

Google should invent a search where you submit an image and they return results that tell you about the image.
    Quote Originally Posted by helpermonkey
    You currently have an EDGE capable device? Who's network are you on? All Blue should be EDGE (for a long time now) Orange should be too I thought, but the Cingular areas that are really T-Mobile are obviously only GPRS...
    Hmm, how can I tell? I'm not exactly sure.....however unless EDGE is dial-up modem slow I'm only running GPRS. Ok, if I use the Cingular software to logon with---and go to "network info"

Network Type: GRPS
    Network: Cingular
    Signal Strength: 100%
    APN Used: isp.cingular.com (which is odd since I'm using mediaworks)
    IP: 166.138.210.70 (a real ip)

I ran 2 tests with bandwidthplace and got the following results:

29.2 kilobits per second
    Communications 29.2 kilobits per second
    Storage 3.6 kilobytes per second
    1MB file download 4.8 minutes
    Subjective rating Very slow

30.8 kilobits per second
    Communications 30.8 kilobits per second
    Storage 3.8 kilobytes per second
    1MB file download 4.5 minutes
    Subjective rating Slow

So.....ideas?? I cannot wait for my t650, however, my v551 speeds suck?!

Thanks guys, Dale
    nice av update C
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Quote Originally Posted by specimen38
    Oh....but you will soon. Mine on order too. And you know GSM rules!
    awww, shucks....
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey