Page 35 of 63 FirstFirst ... 25303132333435363738394045 ... LastLast
    I GOT MINE! From Cingular company store in SoCal. Had called yesterday, no dice. Today around noon, called again and voila! My very first Treo, although I have had Palm PDA for a long time. Screen is incredible, and so far absolutely no problems with call quality. Gonna go read the manual while charging. Paid $449 as equip upgrade, no pressure to buy PDA plan. Will add media works online later.
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thMonkey
    I can't participate in this thread yet
    niether can i, but i will hopefully by the end of the month. i am going to go for the unlocked one directly from P1
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
  3.    #683  
    You are smiling so hard, I can see all you teeth. Report back, and give us the first impressions of a first-time Treo owner.
    Quote Originally Posted by lep354
    I GOT MINE! From Cingular company store in SoCal. Had called yesterday, no dice. Today around noon, called again and voila! My very first Treo, although I have had Palm PDA for a long time. Screen is incredible, and so far absolutely no problems with call quality. Gonna go read the manual while charging. Paid $449 as equip upgrade, no pressure to buy PDA plan. Will add media works online later.
    Quote Originally Posted by pmurph222
    3 bars signal strength:

76 kbit/sec
    2.47s latency
    12.941s d/l time

Second time 1-2 bars:
    83 kbit/sec
    2.59s latency
    11.487s d/l time

Weird that i got better rates the secind time with a weaker signal.
    Actually it is not strange that just because signal is stronger it wasn't faster. There are many things that determin your data speeds, signal strength is one, signal quality is another and traffic on the cellsite is yet another and then of course there is all the internet related things that could slow you down.
    Treo 650 GSM
    I got mine from a local Cingular store here in SoCal! Just got home with it. I paid $549 with no contract. They offered me the $19.99 mediaworks which I took. Very excited. I know what I'll be doing tonight!!
    Quote Originally Posted by specimen38
    You are smiling so hard, I can see all you teeth. Report back, and give us the first impressions of a first-time Treo owner.
    Absolutely! Felt somewhat like a fool in the store smiling from ear to ear, even got a little possesive when the salesperson was putting in my sim card and battery for me...I told him...you are activating MY baby! He understood perfectly though, have worked with him before...he likes my "techie talk". Ok, about to take the plunge and install software. BTW, all calls have been crystal clear both ways, even better than my Moto V551.
  7.    #687  
    Crystal clear calls. That's really good to know. Others are reporting similar experiences. Everybody has the pet names for their 650s. You called it your "baby," but there is a member in here (Mtreosexual) who calls it the "PRECIOUS" -- taken from the move "The Lord of the Rings." It's as though I can hear Smigel saying it.

Have fun lep354. Now you can stay in touch with TreoCentral when you are on the road.
    Absolutely! Felt somewhat like a fool in the store smiling from ear to ear, even got a little possesive when the salesperson was putting in my sim card and battery for me...I told him...you are activating MY baby! He understood perfectly though, have worked with him before...he likes my "techie talk". Ok, about to take the plunge and install software. BTW, all calls have been crystal clear both ways, even better than my Moto V551.
  8.    #688  
    Oh....but you will soon. Mine on order too. And you know GSM rules!
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thMonkey
    I can't participate in this thread yet
  9.    #689  
    lep354

Let me know if those applications you load use too much space in memory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder God
    thank you for the pics

Dale,
    I am new to P1, so maybe this can or can not be done. what if we were to unlock the phone and then flash or flex it with new software to enable the DUN

OK---since we're seeing Cingular Consumer also locking SIMS down, we all must face the fact that any t650 fron a carrier will be LOCKED. Now, my question is this....if these phones are locked AND have DUN disabled should we look elsewhere (direct from p1?)? I would REALLY like to know if firmware could UNLOCK a phone (since its already assumed that DUN can be done). And finally....I know DUN has had stabiliby issues, anyone have more information regarding that claim? Do you think its worth just getting it from p1? I currently bought a v551 whichs works quite well w/ MediaWorks (however I only have GPRS here at college) and tethering. I paid 150$ish for it and I'm elligle for my 30day trade-in. Anyways, opinions?

Thanks Guys
    Dale
    I've seen before that you say you only get GPRS at school, do you know why that is, who's network are you on?
    Treo 650 GSM
    Quote Originally Posted by MacUser
    How many people ordered the unlocked GSM from PalmOne to use it on T-Mobile?

Me
    Quote Originally Posted by specimen38
    Crystal clear calls. That's really good to know. Others are reporting similar experiences. Everybody has the pet names for their 650s. You called it your "baby," but there is a member in here (Mtreosexual) who calls it the "PRECIOUS" -- taken from the move "The Lord of the Rings." It's as though I can hear Smigel saying it.

Have fun lep354. Now you can stay in touch with TreoCentral when you are on the road.
    I smiled everytime I read the references to the "Precious", very familiar with Smigel. And I almost used that reference when in the store! LOL. Kewl, just noticed light from red to green while charging; my cell phone and T2 didn't do that
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtreosexual
    Me
    me too... anyone know when they will really ship? my confirmation email said 1 to 2 weeks, but when i ordered my 270, i recall they said the same thing, but i had it the next day... the 600 was the same deal.
    Joe Molenski
    http://www.treotones.com
    Sharp Wizard:menu:HP 200lx:menu:HP 320lx:menu:Rex
    PalmVx:menu:Visor Prism w/VisorPhone:menu:Nokia 9290:menu:Treo 270:menu:Treo 600
    I smiled everytime I read the references to the "Precious", very familiar with Smigel. And I almost used that reference when in the store! LOL. Kewl, just noticed light from red to green while charging; my cell phone and T2 didn't do that

Still waiting for the " PRECIOUS"...
    does anyone know how to unlock the treo 650 GSM phone? besides paying the extra $$ to P1 for an unlocked one?
    Quote Originally Posted by jmolenski
    me too... anyone know when they will really ship? my confirmation email said 1 to 2 weeks, but when i ordered my 270, i recall they said the same thing, but i had it the next day... the 600 was the same deal.
    I have same feeling.
    Hopefully will have it by the nextweek.
    I don't understand the backorder email, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by lior
    does anyone know how to unlock the treo 650 GSM phone? besides paying the extra $$ to P1 for an unlocked one?
    If you know, tell him by PM. I just ordered at full price.
    Can you tell us what store in So Cal? By chance San Diego?
    I'm not smiling any more! Cingular shipped me two units alright. Got them overnight this morning. But they are not Treo 650s they are Treo 600. Boy was I pissed. The sales guy confirmed they were going to be 650s. So much for happiness. After several more attempts today, still no luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmolenski
    Dude, you just got me really excited...I PRAY this is what will happen with our 650s...I guess we'll find out by the end of this week. Keeping my fingers crossed!