Page 34 of 63 FirstFirst ... 24293031323334353637383944 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by specimen38
    Booboo, yuuuu, yuuuu got got it it!! YES! Someone revise the list. I am on order too. Canada will never be the same.
    felipe=ordered and waiting for the uug. also waiting for vc. which will arrive first?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacUser
    How many people ordered the unlocked GSM from PalmOne to use it on T-Mobile?
    me too.
    At first, because I will switch to Cingular for EDGE IF I can get in NYC.
    Quote Originally Posted by specimen38
    Where is TechJunkie? Anybody seen or heard from him? Tell the madness is spreading and we need him in the middle.
    I'm here, my GSM brother. My life has been pretty freaking chaotic with work and life in general. Sorry, I haven't had much to contribute so I've been majorly lurking.

Can't believe I'm saying this but I'm going to wait a few more days before I order to see if the price will drop a little more. I have to order 2 (one for my wife) so the savings per phone is double for me.

I'll be lurking around the Amazon's page.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...bosnation0e-20

-TJ
    Last edited by techjunkie; 02/02/2005 at 11:37 AM.
    Pager > Nokia ???? > Nextel i1000 > Nextel i1000 plus > T-Mobile Sidekick (B&W) > Nokia 3650 > Treo 650 GSM Cingular - Bought via TreoCentral (Feb 2005)
  4. Rob
    Global Posts
    533 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Milo Bloom
    Here is a pic of my AT&T GSM 650 next to a Sprint 650
    Milo, what's that 'camcorder' app? Does it just launch the camera app in video capture mode?
    I just ordered mine on TreoCentral for $399 - $50 Mail-in Rebate. Glad that I get a chance to support the greatest thread on the net, and offered at an awesome price!
    Pager > Nokia ???? > Nextel i1000 > Nextel i1000 plus > T-Mobile Sidekick (B&W) > Nokia 3650 > Treo 650 GSM Cingular - Bought via TreoCentral (Feb 2005)
    Me
    I did.
    ooooh, look at the shiny Copper Treo 680
  8.    #668  
    TechJunkie, it's everywhere. Glad to see you back.
    GSM Everywhere
    Quote Originally Posted by techjunkie
    I'm here, my GSM brother. My life has been pretty freaking chaotic with work and life in general. Sorry, I haven't had much to contribute so I've been majorly lurking.

Can't believe I'm saying this but I'm going to wait a few more days before I order to see if the price will drop a little more. I have to order 2 (one for my wife) so the savings per phone is double for me.

I'll be lurking around the Amazon's page.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...bosnation0e-20

-TJ
  9.    #669  
    Multi-prong strategy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    felipe=ordered and waiting for the uug. also waiting for vc. which will arrive first?
    The Cingular rep that I have been calling (OK, maybe he'd call it harassing), called me today and he found one at another store that he is getting overighted for me. I am picking it up tomorrow!!! Yippeee!!!
    Just talked to a P1 store, whose rep told me they'll have stock of the unlocked GSM on Monday. !!!
    I just called the Blue corporate order desk and was told no discount (I normally get a 45% corporate discount) and I had to get a data plan. Hopefully I just got a bad rep, but I fear they might have trained them better. I'll have to try back, but I'm in Geneva right now so it's a bit expensive to call too many times...
  13.    #673  
    Quote Originally Posted by JoaoPauzaoNYC
    Just talked to a P1 store, whose rep told me they'll have stock of the unlocked GSM on Monday. !!!
    I live near one. I assumed they would be the last to receive them. It would have been easier to have gone by there and picked one up. I spoke with the guy in the store on Friday and he was dumbfounded, so I did not thing anymore about it. Oh Well....
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Milo Bloom
    Here is a pic of my AT&T GSM 650 next to a Sprint 650
    I like how you have more reception on the GSM model there. They might steal that pics to advertise.
    HS visor Deluxe (Blue) & Palm IIIx ► HS visor Prism & visorPhone ►P1 T|T & SE T68i ► Tapwave Zodiac2 & P1 Treo 650 GSM ►Treo 680 unlocked ► Sprint Pre(-)►TouchPad & Sprint FrankenPre2 VZW

I will leave Palm/webOS only after kicking, screaming and wrecking anything on my way out.

- (Sigh)... It died.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob
    Milo, what's that 'camcorder' app? Does it just launch the camera app in video capture mode?
    It is the video recorder on the Sprint version. On the GSM, the video and still cam are done in the same app.
    Quote Originally Posted by gbobman
    I like how you have more reception on the GSM model there. They might steal that pics to advertise.
    lol, yup. That pic was taken at my house. That is a main reason why I moved to GSM. I get much better coverage with the GSM Treo 650 than I ever did with my Sprint 600. It looks like the Sprint 650 is not much better.
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    FINALLY! Picked up a Cingular (Orange) 650 today from a Cingular store manager who picked it up from a business or corporate office (?) in Houston. Apparently at least one store got some then immediately sold out. This manager went out of his way to get one for me, so I'll be calling his District Manager and singing praises. I also ordered an unlocked one from Palmone just in case it turns out I like the unlocked color better, at which point I'll sell the Cingular one. I'll be posting 650/Nokia 6620/ Audiovox SMT 5600 comparison pics later.
    I find that believing the universe spontaneously generated, developed self-governing laws, and produced intelligent life all by random, purposeless, material events requires greater faith than I am able to muster.
    I finally ordered mine today! Like everyone else! I have signed up for about every newsletter known to man regarding when the 650 would be out, then poof! My mailbox exploded with messages today!

1-2 weeks until they ship though.... If you ordered from P1, let me know if you receive a shipping confirmation. I am interested to see how fast they are...
    I can't participate in this thread yet
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thMonkey
    I can't participate in this thread yet
    Neither can I. However, I can lurk. May even break cover from time to time. I have spent the last five months in the land of the clueless. The people here may actually know something.