Page 32 of 63 FirstFirst ... 22272829303132333435363742 ... LastLast
    Just got my $249 treo!!! It's great so far... DUN is disabled on mine, and based on what everyone else is saying, it is locked to AT&T.

I am using my old 600 sim card, and that is working fine...

Here are my encouraging speed results:

130 kbit/sec
    2.408 latency
    14.543s d/l time

I live in New York, which has EDGE access, and appears to be working VERY nicely.
    Quote Originally Posted by handtruck
    Just got my $249 treo!!! It's great so far... DUN is disabled on mine, and based on what everyone else is saying, it is locked to AT&T.

I am using my old 600 sim card, and that is working fine...

Here are my encouraging speed results:

130 kbit/sec
    2.408 latency
    14.543s d/l time

I live in New York, which has EDGE access, and appears to be working VERY nicely.
    Can anyone firmly explain HOW you you get the phone for $249?????
    See the posts in Here
    I am as surprised as anyone about what I was able to get via the B2B method.
    I just recieved my treo 650 through B2B ATT. Strange thing though. The box was a cingular treo 650 and all the manuals were labled cingular treo 650. However the phone in the box is unbranded.

I was worried I got the wrong phone as I am a Cingular blue guy. But sure enough I popped in a SIM and it worked fine. Not sure if I have a unlocked phone as I do not have a orange sim to play with.

Anyone else have an unbranded treo?

In anycase I doubted it but B2B got me the 650 for $350 no activation and no data
    Quote Originally Posted by aznchild808
    I just recieved my treo 650 through B2B ATT. Strange thing though. The box was a cingular treo 650 and all the manuals were labled cingular treo 650. However the phone in the box is unbranded.

I was worried I got the wrong phone as I am a Cingular blue guy. But sure enough I popped in a SIM and it worked fine. Not sure if I have a unlocked phone as I do not have a orange sim to play with.

In anycase I doubted it but B2B got me the 650 for $350 no activation and no data
    but its locked
    normal
    check the the 2nd page
  6.    #626  
    Is everyone happy now that PalmOne has officially announced it? I sure am!
    Quote Originally Posted by specimen38
    Is everyone happy now that PalmOne has officially announced it? I sure am!

I AM!!
    You say "unbranded" .. when you power up or down the PHONE (hold down the RED button) does it show the Cingular logo? Mine does ... the phone itself has no actual labels for Cingular but the "Welcome" screen has Cingular logo and the box is Cingular.
    Quote Originally Posted by aznchild808

9.    #629  
    No one predicted PalmOne would be out the gate first before Cingular. No one predicted February 1, 2005. Many thought the unbranded and unlocked version would be months afterwards. PalmOne was true to what they revealed at CES. See link: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...CES#post518031 Perhaps Cingular will officially announce today.
  10.    #630  
    Outstanding..... A man and his technology toy. Smigel would say the "PRECIOUS." Of course we don't idolize this thing, but it captures sense of excitement you might feel. Congrats Paul. Report back and let us know how much fun you are having. What is your specific application for the 650?
    Quote Originally Posted by pmurph222
    I was so suprised when I got home this evening (about 15 minutes ago) and as I walked up to my front door I saw I box sitting on the ground labelled FedEx! It was my brand spanking new Treo 650! This suprised me for 2 reasons: I didn't think FedEx would drop anything off unless somebody was there to recieve it, and I didn't think I had ordered it early enough yesterday to get it today.

This is awesome. My Treo is sitting on my desk charging right now.

A coupel of things that struck my right off the bat:
    The screen rocks! Pictures on a computer screen do not do it justice!
    Keyboard is better than I expected.
    Its just flat out BEAUTIFUL!

Paul
    No one predicted PalmOne would be out the gate first before Cingular. No one predicted February 1, 2005. Many thought the unbranded and unlocked version would be months afterwards. PalmOne was true to what they revealed at CES. See link: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...CES#post518031 Perhaps Cingular will officially announce today.

you got it on the sweet spot!

One guy on staff -- winked at me and said more like a month. Also, I learned that the GSM (non-Cingular version) will be released at he same time.
  12.    #632  
    Great inside connection.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayswj
    I have one of the first Cingular Orange Treo 650.. PIcked it up today at a store where the manager pulled some strings to get some ordered.. She has already given them out to employees and my brother-in-law who was able to get me one. So far so cool... It has just finished charging and I'll post pictures tomorrow morning.... I hope everyone gets theres soon... It seems to be a great phone.... The Cingular Orange is locked to Cingular Orange SIMS... Tried an ATTWS and T-mobile sim neither worked.... I haven't tried an patches, but there is no Bluetooth DUN out of box as expected... I'll be playing for a little while more tonight...
  13.    #633  
    wolwol,

It's not so much that I was trying to take the credit, but more that PalmOne told us the truth. I better not say that too loud whmurray might hear it.
    Quote Originally Posted by wolwol
    you got it on the sweet spot!
  14.    #634  
    whmurray,

The PalmOne CES prediction was accurate. They told the truth. However, that's not important. The important thing is and forgive me for being curious, what are you going to do? Stay with the T600, or order the T650? Locked? Unlocked?
    Quote Originally Posted by convbcuda
    Well, I was referring to an unlocked phone.
    Well, it is official: $599- (plus otherwise unnecessary system upgrades) for the ulocked version. Of course, if you want it soon, you may have to pay a premium over that.
    whmurray,

The PalmOne CES prediction was accurate. They told the truth. However, that's not important. The important thing is and forgive me for being curious, what are you going to do? Stay with the T600, or order the T650? Locked? Unlocked?
    You had it right (all except the little part about how the reason would be obvious but that is a quibble). Thanks for not rubbing it in.

Do not know yet what I will do. Will stay unlocked. I figure with system cost $800-. Not even sure I can do GPS for that. For that price, I will wait here until I hear reports on memory, migration, BT, tethering, GPS, etc. However, I have abandoned the old thread. Will be here.
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    I was really hoping it would be later. It would have given me time to get the money together and join you's guys without being too late to the party. Oh well...

By the way, Way to go Pa1mOne !!
    HS visor Deluxe (Blue) & Palm IIIx ► HS visor Prism & visorPhone ►P1 T|T & SE T68i ► Tapwave Zodiac2 & P1 Treo 650 GSM ►Treo 680 unlocked ► Sprint Pre(-)►TouchPad & Sprint FrankenPre2 VZW

I will leave Palm/webOS only after kicking, screaming and wrecking anything on my way out.

- (Sigh)... It died.
    Specimen,

Is there any way you can check to see your cingular 650 is lock or unlock. The cingular without a plan is selling $50 less.
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    You say "unbranded" .. when you power up or down the PHONE (hold down the RED button) does it show the Cingular logo? Mine does ... the phone itself has no actual labels for Cingular but the "Welcome" screen has Cingular logo and the box is Cingular.
    That was true on the 600 too. Mine was unlocked, used on T-Mo. Always showed the Cingular logo while finding T-Mo.
    That's what I figured. "UNBRANDED" to me means no carrrier advertising anywhere, internal or external.

My ATT version comes up CINGULAR but is still setup for mMode.

Won't everyone be surprised if the "P1 direct" unlocked phone (and/or the units received from Vienna Channels) SOLD IN THE USA is just the Cingular model unlocked (still with no DUN enabled). I'd guess there's a 50/50 chance that will happen. They could have some sort of agreement with Cingular to have to do that on USA sales.

Quote Originally Posted by whmurray
    That was true on the 600 too. Mine was unlocked, used on T-Mo. Always showed the Cingular logo while finding T-Mo.