Page 30 of 63 FirstFirst ... 20252627282930313233343540 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    Here is a site that says they have orange 650s available.

https://www.younevercall.com/cingular/order.htm

Have not used them or know anyone who has.
    You have to fill out their order forms. When you call you are told the reps don't have access to the websites system. Also if you ask about the phone they will not know what you are talking about.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Sorry, I did not check them out, just saw the site and thought I would pass it on. Guess anything to sucker us in to their site is fair game.
    the mod should ban this spammer

and ya, the site is not even properly certified, means insecure.

Don't buy from them, and the law of demand will force them to pull the prices down
    Treo 650
    Treo 600
    Cingular
    MediaWorks
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    PROXX, so everyone who has posted info on who they called to get their Treo 650, or passed info on what store/site claims to have access is a spammer???? Guess we all need to clear the site for you. Oh well, good luck on getting your upgrade.
    I'll try to put this politely. Anyone who pays a $200-$400 premium just to get a phone a few days sooner needs to have his head examined!
    Quote Originally Posted by b0tes
    a port from t-mobile to cingular is considered a new activation as far as cingular is concerned. that also means that if you were tied into contract with t-mobile at the time of the port, then you are 100% accountable for whatever early termination fees were applicable to your t-mobile contract. be wary.
    No contract wiht T-mobile and no pre-existing contract with Cingular. Cingular I have been month to month for several years, they never forced me to re-sign when they have given me retention. I have lucky. Yes, I understand I am under contract if I decide to keep the Cing 650. I hav one from VC ordered as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by naked
    Found a place in St .Louis that has 10, but I have to be there to sign the contract.

:{ I live 9 hours away.

L
    Where in St. Louis did you find the Treo 650's?
    Quote Originally Posted by handtruck
    That is pretty funny...

Luckilly, my persistence (and their misinformation) led to a 650 at an unbelievable price, which I will confirm when I get home tonight (my $249 Treo 650 was overnighted and it was delivered today - pictures will be coming)

It is funny how we are all getting completely different responses from ATTingular regarding this.

Here are all the prices I've seen from other people and heard myself over the phone - keep in mind these are all ONLY regarding the B2B issue highlighted over the past couple of days
    $249
    $299
    $349
    $399
    $449
    $499

and variations on what you had to do to get the price
    -nothing, they are just sending the phone
    -need to add a year to your contract
    -need to sign up for a new 1 year contract
    -need to sign up for a new 2 year contract

and variations on what data plan you must get
    -no data plan needed
    -must add a data plan to your existing account
    -must get new account, since data MUST be the primary account on your phone
    You are right, the quotes I got are $399 plus a $50 rebate and $349 plus $50 rebate, for 1 and 2 year contract respectively. No data.

I went for $349 and will only send in the rebate if it does not require PDA data plan.
    Last edited by cglaguna; 02/01/2005 at 04:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by convbcuda
    I'll try to put this politely. Anyone who pays a $200-$400 premium just to get a phone a few days sooner needs to have his head examined!
    Not just early but unlocked. It is clear that both have value. Otherwise P1 would not be making us wait and Cingular would not be giving discounts for locked.
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna
    Yes, I understand I am under contract if I decide to keep the Cing 650. I hav one from VC ordered as well.
    O.K., so what are the terms for Cingular, i.e. how long do I have to return it if I get one today? I have one on order from VC as well and will use it with my T-Mobile SIM as soon as I get the unlocked beast!
    Quote Originally Posted by curlykraut
    O.K., so what are the terms for Cingular, i.e. how long do I have to return it if I get one today? I have one on order from VC as well and will use it with my T-Mobile SIM as soon as I get the unlocked beast!
    30 days to return it, your plan will be prorated for the number of days you keep the service and you will lose activation fee. Activation for a non-Cingular customer is $36, $18 for a existing customer.
    Thought I'd share my experience in calling Cingular B2B this afternoon at approximately 3pm CT (866-562-7061) and see if anyone has had the same experience. The whole process took me 75 minutes!!!

Called and asked for phone upgrade to the 650. After gathering some tips from this thread, I mentioned the price point of $249 and that some people with B2B accounts already received their 650's. The rep asked me for our company name and after verifying and locating our company account, she asked me for a "passcode" which our telecom admin already gave me. Once she verified that I was good to go, she located info on the 650 on an internal email that stated that it would be available on 2/3/05. I asked nicely to see if she can try and put the order in (whether on a waitlist or not) since I heard that some people with B2B accounts have already received their shipments. She obliged and went to the order process (my first call -- lucky to have talked to rep who was willing to work with me). She mentioned that she could not find the correct SKU# and the closest one she had showed SKU#63437 with a description of "cbgpmacetreo" . She hesitated to place the order for me since it did not mention "treo 650" and didnt want to disappoint me if she happened to ship the wrong phone. I said I would take that chance since I can always go back and return for credit. (having heard "ace" on the the SKU description, I was willing to take the risk). During the order process she mentioned that a message appeared on her system showing that they had quantity "0". I asked if she can still put the order through and me be on a waitlist of this order goes through. She obliged again, and lo and behold, she got me my 6-digit order #, and a Compass (I think this is their order system) Order # XXXX-X-XXXXXX (alpha numeric #).

Now for the cost -- $319.99 for the phone, $14.95 for Overnight and $27.57 in taxes with a total of $362.57. I've seen a previous post which showed the different prices treocentral members have been sharing. I haven't seen one yet with the same price I got (I wish I could get one for $249).

She proceeded to tell me that there is no guarantee that I will get it tomorrow 1-because it was already after the 3pm cutoff, and 2-she showed quantity "0" when she placed my order . She mentioned that their distribution center (in Memphis where the phone will ship from) updates regularly and suggested I call tomorrow around 10CT to see if my order had updated and of there is a tracking # associated with my order. Lastly she said she will include the new SIM (64k? -- which I still haven't fully read about and dont really understand who this works...) all she said was that the SIM will work on both AT&T and Cingular phones and allow better access to both networks.

I'm actually waiting on the Vienna unlocked phone from the roadshow (Dallas order #4XX), but am very anxious to get one NOW after hearing all the buzz on treocentral. (I'm sure my wife would gladly use the extra phone if and when I receive either one).

Has anyone else have the same experience? Same process? Pricepoint? Should I keep my hopes up? Anyone out there who works with Cingular and can give feedback? Is there a way for me to see the order online as well as my obtain a tracking # if it is infact shipping out?

I'll follow-up on this post once I get more info tomorrow morning.

Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna
    You are right, the quotes I got are $399 plus a $50 rebate and $349 plus $50 rebate, for 1 and 2 year contract respectively.

I went for $349 and will only send in the rebate if it does not require PDA data plan.
    Good point, I didn't even MENTION rebates.. I am feeling very lucky about my $249 "no strings" Treo 650 (no new plan or anything).. I just called my wife and she confirmed I did get a 650... I'll take pictures of the receipt and phone when I get home.
    My Treo650 is in the hands of FedEx, it'll be here tomorrow. Ordering it was a genuine nightmare, but it appears to have finally gotten done. It's coming from CingularBlue NBO. I was quoted a price of $250, but it appears that they've accidentally charged me $300 instead. But a CSR promised that they will issue a $50 credit to make up for it. We'll see. As far as I can tell, pretty much everyone there is incompetent. It's amazing how many calls it took, and how many hours on the phone, to get this thing ordered. But I'm really looking forward to checking this thing out.

BTW, they did extend my contract for a year, and they did NOT ask me to make any changes to my plan. Right now I've got the $25 unlimited phone data plan. Does anyone know if that will cause me any problems? Or any extra charges?
    Does anyone know if that will cause me any problems? Or any extra charges?
    Don't Ask, Don't Tell.
    Well ... tried to "accessorize" my 650 (haven't tried any software yet but did determine it's definately locked to ATT).

I put on it's rubber condom (650 Skin in dark color - just like in those movies - purchased from TC Store here) to prevent diseases transmitted by hand - no joke - getting it on was just like a er, ......... anyway, has a nice rubbery feel and stretches like crazy .

Then I put on it's protective work glasses. A Box wave "clear touch" crystal screen protector. Look like nothing is on it and it comes with a soft rag to wife off the "schmutz." Very nice.

I also have the updated Seideo belt clip but I had to remove the condom for that to fit. Fits nice, no problem inserting and removing it. But ya gotta be carefull though that you don't do it to quickly or it will squirt out of your hands and wind up in a puddle. Too bad I can't use the condom AND the belt clip together for sure protection from dirt disease.

Now (for Tanner's benefit), if I only had the friggin' sync cradle I'd be all done.

Tomorrow I'll play with the software.

Phone is a bit heavier then I had expected (but it's a bit lighter then the Kyocera 7135 I had). My current Nokia 6620 really spoiled me for "weight." If it only had a keyboard!
    Saw earlier posts about business customers getting 650 model early, called ATT (currently ATT business customer) and got it ordered and delivered to my Atlanta address today. I needed to keep my cell number, so just put old cell phone sim in new 650. Did have to open new acct., which I wanted to do anyway, and got the unlimited data plan as well as voice. The unit is SO MUCH BETTER than the Tungsten W I have had. I could never get the W to work out as a phone. Good luck to everyone else waiting for general release!

planning to spend night buying sd card and figuring this baby out...

Richard
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    http://mobilefly.com/product.php?productid=467&

Purchase an unlocked T650 at above site
    Wow, did that really say $839.99?!?!!!!??!! Is inflation really that bad?

Quote Originally Posted by specimen38
    cardio,

You've got GA-ZUN-GAHS' and cash. Congrats. Me and MacUser on going to wait until Thursday/Friday when this device is available to the rest of us. How about MacUser? The range from Sad to Happy very soon.
    specimen38, I sure hope you're right about a happy release date this week. I truly do.
    Just got a text message from my Cingular store rep that sells the treos and blackberrys.(I have been emailing him everyday for a week now). He will have 5 Cingular 650s coming in the next day or two. I bought a treo 600 two weeks ago with the $40 data plan. Called today and had the media works added to my SIM. I dropped the $40 plan, it took about an hour of being on hold but the service rep made the change. Should be ready to go when the store gets the 650's. Hopefully, the comments on this thread hold true and I can retain the media works plan by swapping the sim card
    Quote Originally Posted by proxx
    "Sorry, but we do not have the 650 available in your market"

Bummer
    so, you didn't ask what market it is available?

for those who got the phone or will get lucky with a rep and are able to order the phone, can you get the sku # to (hopefully) make it easier for the rest.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.