Page 3 of 63 FirstFirst 123456781353 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by specimen38
    TreoCentral GSM Members,

This is thread was established out to discussions in the former thread "I Will Wait For GSM Model. Who's With Me? After 3+ months of waiting, the Treo 650 GSM phones are available to us. I trust this thread will be as lively, informative and fruitful as the former thread.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Dear Moderators,

Upon official release of the GSM version of the Treo 650, the members of the former thread have asked that you make this thread a sticky for the first 30 days following its release. Thanks.

--------------------------------------------------
    Let's begin the discussion....
    Why? CDMA didn't get it's own Sticky thread. Also this forum is already littered with too many stickies.
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
    I'd like to nominate Shadowmite for new CEO of palmone...looks like he might 'release' a unlocked GSM 650 BEFORE P1 does!!!

Sounds like a good idea for a reality show. "You can be CEO of Palm"
    Quote Originally Posted by Milo Bloom
    OK, it came with an ATT&T sim card, but I already had one. I put my current sim in the phone and it took off just fine, could get on the net and place phone calls right away.

I can't tell if I can use DUN for sure, but I don't think so, the buletooth setup just has hot-sync and hands free.
    More Pictures Please......
    Please test the network performance at...

dslreports.com/mspeed

Please post latency results as well.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    You do realize it would be locked to AT&T? And AT&T never ever unlocks their phone. You lose one of the biggest advantages of GSM by doing this.

Quote Originally Posted by specimen38
    Sorry...Blue Side of Cingular. I found a B2B CSR who will get me phone. This took a long time and several calls.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    couple questions when y'all get em...

how's bt volume?
    what's software version.
    I think BT volume is a little quiet on my HBH-660 but not bad, it depends on the other person's volume. I can use it on the road without a problem. Voice quality outgoing has more static or noise, but not a lot or anything. That is my experience.

Man I didn't even get in on the first page!

Software version anyone else? I am not going to post mine at the moment.

if you don't know where it is, go to the phone app, menu, options, phone info
    Last edited by helpermonkey; 01/27/2005 at 04:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by xenophonite
    Please test the network performance at...

dslreports.com/mspeed

Please post latency results as well.
    poor signal 1-2 bars
    I got:

81 kbit/sec
    2.638s latency
    22.23s d/l time

99kbit/sec
    2.169s latency
    18.043s d/l time

if the coverage was better I would post details, but I have got 175Kbit/sec. testing before.
    Last edited by helpermonkey; 01/27/2005 at 04:16 PM.
    Files sent Shadowmite... They are called GSMxxxxxxx

Have fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayswj
    More Pictures Please......
    I will shortly. Got to get home first.
    Milo, software version?
    Firmware: 01.04
    Software: Treo650-1.02-CNB
    Hardware: A
    the thread title is misleading. Do you have a gsm 650? If not I'm sure someone with one be happy yo start a thread for you when that happens.
    In addition to what specimen38 said dutchtrumpet, the people on the last thread asked that specimen38 be the one to start this thread. So that is why he did without having one.
    Firmware: 01.04
    Software: Treo650-1.02-CNB
    Hardware: A
    Thanks Milo.
    oh moppet52 you so crazy...people were wondering why I was laughing so hard and I told them it was cquse its so cold outside (around -40c which is the same in F)

forgive my ignorance..but from when I started caring..there hasn't been a phone that couldn't be unlocked...thee NEC 515 and 525 were the most stubborn apparently. but it can be done now...as well with blackberries....this unit could be unlocked once the algo was determined...and well as palm doesn't release many phones no one really cared..till now..it will come don't worry
    Quote Originally Posted by helpermonkey
    In addition to what specimen38 said dutchtrumpet, the people on the last thread asked that specimen38 be the one to start this thread. So that is why he did without having one.
    sorry...i keep putting my foot in my mouth lately.

Congrats all!!!
    Files sent Shadowmite... They are called GSMxxxxxxx

Have fun!
    Hmm, it's not actually in those, but amazingly your activation program is in 68k while the cdma version is arm... interesting...

Umm, how about the phone app files? Can you find them and email them...
    sorry...i keep putting my foot in my mouth lately.

Congrats all!!!
    No feet in your mouth, you probably just missed that post in the eleventymillion page long thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by helpermonkey
    Thanks Milo.
    So do you have the same version or is your firmware newer and cooler? Come on you can tell us....
    Also, milo, what was the alarm/message when you tried to use a cingular sim card?
    oh, also, the btmanager.prc file... I'd like to see how they crippled DUN, or if they did...
Page 3 of 63 FirstFirst 123456781353 ... LastLast