Page 29 of 63 FirstFirst ... 19242526272829303132333439 ... LastLast
    I called 1-866-CINGULAR a little bit earlier this afternoon and they told me that there was a problem with calls being dropped with the GSM version so they sent about 30,000 of them back to PalmOne to have it fixed (even before they fix it with the Sprint version). They aren't due out until March. We should start a thread called "What story did you hear today".
    Booooolcrap! Where are these people coming from? 1-866-CINGULAR (not 1-800) is their regular number, option 2 is to purchase a phone or service and option "0" just gets you an operator who had no idea what I was talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by RNBWRON
    Now for the big info - Unlocking the phone. I told him that I travel out of the country on occasion and that I want to be able to pick up a prepaid sim card in Europe. He mentioned, without me even asking, how to UNLOCK THE TREO 650! Here's the number to call - 1-800-CINGULAR, Option 2, Option 0. Enter your phone number. It will give you back an unlock code and instructions. YOUR PHONE IS NOW UNLOCKED - THAT SIMPLE. Boy am I glad I did not hold out for an unlocked phone at $600 like I did with the Treo 600. Andrew said that Cingular is much more "customer friendly" and will unlock anyone's phone if they are planning on traveling and use a different SIM. Hope this helps.

Still, smiling
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman
    Just called Cingular and asked for small business. They told me it will be out some time at the end of 1rst quarter '05. I bet if I called back in a couple of minutes, I would get an entirely different answer.
    That is funny cause I just called them and a lady said Feb 3rd.

Have to love this. I feel like Tom chasing Jerry and like Tom I fall for all the dumb stuff.
    Yeah I got the PUK number... I am about to call back and push the issue a little further.. Plus use my brother-in-law to try to find out what my unlock code is..
    Quote Originally Posted by reguy
    I remain very skeptical of this assumption. With Orange 650 in hand, I've had no luck getting an unlock code from a CSR (did get something called a "PUK code") or reaching some automated unlock service on 866-CINGULAR. I'll be thankful to be proved wrong...
    PUK is the pin unlock key. It is an over-ride for a forgotten PIN or for a phone that is locked because of too many bad PIN attempts. What you need is the exclusivity lock key. Most CSRs will not even recognize this and I doubt that it is in their support.
    Actually, PUK is what you do after trying to digest all the incorrect info you get from CingUATT.
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray
    PUK is the pin unlock key. It is an over-ride for a forgotten PIN or for a phone that is locked because of too many bad PIN attempts. What you need is the exclusivity lock key. Most CSRs will not even recognize this and I doubt that it is in their support.
  7. Rob
    Global Posts
    533 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    Hmm, as for unlocking, the phone prc file milo sent me appears to be missing the actual code modules... The unlocking work might need to be done by people with the actual phone, I don't know if there's much I'll be able to do without a real gsm version of the 650...
    Shadowmite, I don't mind experimenting with my AT&T T650 GSM if you want to give me some direction/instructions. Is it possible to extract those code modules, or do I need to install some utilities to examine them?
    Last edited by Rob; 02/01/2005 at 02:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    Actually, PUK is what you do after trying to digest all the incorrect info you get from CingUATT.
    That is pretty funny...

Luckilly, my persistence (and their misinformation) led to a 650 at an unbelievable price, which I will confirm when I get home tonight (my $249 Treo 650 was overnighted and it was delivered today - pictures will be coming)

It is funny how we are all getting completely different responses from ATTingular regarding this.

Here are all the prices I've seen from other people and heard myself over the phone - keep in mind these are all ONLY regarding the B2B issue highlighted over the past couple of days
    $249
    $299
    $349
    $399
    $449
    $499

and variations on what you had to do to get the price
    -nothing, they are just sending the phone
    -need to add a year to your contract
    -need to sign up for a new 1 year contract
    -need to sign up for a new 2 year contract

and variations on what data plan you must get
    -no data plan needed
    -must add a data plan to your existing account
    -must get new account, since data MUST be the primary account on your phone
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    It just underscores how little the Customer Disservice really knows.

Read from a script, no experiance needed.
    HS visor Deluxe (Blue) & Palm IIIx ► HS visor Prism & visorPhone ►P1 T|T & SE T68i ► Tapwave Zodiac2 & P1 Treo 650 GSM ►Treo 680 unlocked ► Sprint Pre(-)►TouchPad & Sprint FrankenPre2 VZW

I will leave Palm/webOS only after kicking, screaming and wrecking anything on my way out.

- (Sigh)... It died.
    I have a cingular T650 in hand if any testing needs to be done.
    Treoseur
    Quote Originally Posted by specimen38
    Congrats Hayswj!

One by one we are all progressing toward the acquisition of our 650s. Very, very cool. So you lucked up on a weak Cust. Serv Rep. Today is my day to order.
    I thought you didn't have a FAN number? How are you going to order today? I'd love to order as well...
  12.    #572  
    Actually, I haven't ordered yet. I am still trying.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacUser
    I thought you didn't have a FAN number? How are you going to order today? I'd love to order as well...
    Actually, I haven't ordered yet. I am still trying.
    Ahhh, then we sit together in the same sad boat
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    http://mobilefly.com/product.php?productid=467&

Purchase an unlocked T650 at above site
  15.    #575  
    cardio,

You've got GA-ZUN-GAHS' and cash. Congrats. Me and MacUser on going to wait until Thursday/Friday when this device is available to the rest of us. How about MacUser? The range from Sad to Happy very soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio

Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    cardio,

You've got GA-ZUN-GAHS' and cash. Congrats. Me and MacUser on going to wait until Thursday/Friday when this device is available to the rest of us. How about MacUser? The range from Sad to Happy very soon.
    Did not purchase one, just lettin all know if they want one that bad it is out there. Me, I'm sittin on my wallet waitin like you.
    called 877-cingular again,

the rep says "Let me check if it is available in your market"
    I say "Los Angeles, CA"
    the rep says "Sorry, but we do not have the 650 available in your market"

Bummer
    Treo 650
    Treo 600
    Cingular
    MediaWorks
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Here is a site that says they have orange 650s available.

https://www.younevercall.com/cingular/order.htm

Have not used them or know anyone who has.

Thanks. I may wait a few days to see if they come off that price a little and to get a few more reports on quality.
    Here is a site that says they have orange 650s available.

https://www.younevercall.com/cingular/order.htm

Have not used them or know anyone who has.
    I got a domain/certificate mis-match.