Page 28 of 63 FirstFirst ... 18232425262728293031323338 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by reguy
    Wanna double-check that? 1-800-CINGULAR is not a working number.
    It's 866-CINGULAR
    Quote Originally Posted by naked
    Found a place in St .Louis that has 10, but I have to be there to sign the contract.

:{ I live 9 hours away.

L
    I live in St. Louis and would love to get my hands on this phone. Could you please tell me which St. Louis location has the phone in stock?

Thanks
    What you have below (if you dial 866-CINGULAR, rather than 800-CINGULAR) are perfect instructions on how to access your automated account info and/or activate your phone. Based on my experience a moment ago, this has *nothing* to do with unlocking the SIM.

Quote Originally Posted by RNBWRON
    Now for the big info - Unlocking the phone. I told him that I travel out of the country on occasion and that I want to be able to pick up a prepaid sim card in Europe. He mentioned, without me even asking, how to UNLOCK THE TREO 650! Here's the number to call - 1-800-CINGULAR, Option 2, Option 0. Enter your phone number. It will give you back an unlock code and instructions. YOUR PHONE IS NOW UNLOCKED - THAT SIMPLE. Boy am I glad I did not hold out for an unlocked phone at $600 like I did with the Treo 600. Andrew said that Cingular is much more "customer friendly" and will unlock anyone's phone if they are planning on traveling and use a different SIM. Hope this helps.

Still, smiling
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayswj
    I tried a T-mobile and ATTWS sim and neither worked, but I called Cingular and they gave my the SIM unlock code for my phone... They just didn't tell me how to get it in the phone... So I will have to talk to a few people....
    Take the sim out of your phone, then power up the radio. It will tell you that you something along the lines of "insert sim". Enter the number that was giving to you, and your done.
    I just ordered and have a 650 GSM Orange on the way. I am still on the phone. No Data. Delivery in two days $349. I will decide what to do with VC when it arrives.
    Quote Originally Posted by reguy
    Wanna double-check that? 1-800-CINGULAR is not a working number.
    Opps, sorry - 1-866-CINGULAR. Too excited!
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbie
    Take the sim out of your phone, then power up the radio. It will tell you that you something along the lines of "insert sim". Enter the number that was giving to you, and your done.
    Can you elaborate a bit? When I power up without the SIM, I get an error screen ("SIM Card Not Found; Please check your SIM card to see if it is damaged or missing") giving 2 options: 1) "OK" or 2) "Make Emergency Call". Can't seem to enter numbers at that point. Selecting OK goes on without the phone turned on and "Check SIM Card" in the status line at the top left. Am I doing something wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna
    I just ordered and have a 650 GSM Orange on the way. I am still on the phone. No Data. Delivery in two days $349. I will decide what to do with VC when it arrives.
    Ok, ok...I'm in SoCal, care to share how you ordered?
    1-866-CINGULAR option 2 option 1 (Sales) have no idea when the Treo 650 will become available! How are people getting these?
    Congrats.

I wonder how long now that it's available from both Cingular Orange (Cingular) and Cingular Blue (ATTW), apparently for both consumers and business, in stores and over the phone, AND with the Cingular Orange phones apparently easily unlockable - I wonder how much longer will P1 make the rest of us wait?

signed
    happy for GSM brethren, sad for my Canadian self

ps

actually I know one fellow Canadian who ordered from Asia (mobilefly.com) yesterday evening and has tracking number for phone due to arrive tomorrow but he paid a real premium to do that and while I'm willing to skip a carrier rebate I'm not willing to pay $200 or $300 more than full retail to have it shipped from Singapore.
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobookins
    ...AND with the Cingular Orange phones apparently easily unlockable...
    I remain very skeptical of this assumption. With Orange 650 in hand, I've had no luck getting an unlock code from a CSR (did get something called a "PUK code") or reaching some automated unlock service on 866-CINGULAR. I'll be thankful to be proved wrong...
    Quote Originally Posted by mspalacios
    1-866-CINGULAR option 2 option 1 (Sales) have no idea when the Treo 650 will become available! How are people getting these?
    I'll try to post more specific details on the unlock procedure tomorrow after I recieve both phones. One thing the rep said was "go directly to customer service" no other options, don't describe a problem. Just say "customer service please". Tell them you need to unlock your phone. Give it a try.

And again, the best way to order the phone is by dialing 611 on your existing phone. I found that by calling the 1-866-CINGULAR number, they did not know when the 650s would be out "could be 4 to 6 weeks" was what I was told Friday. There is a chance that since my service is with ATT, when I call 611 I still get the ATT side of the house, even though Andrew answered by saying Cingular.
    Is that signing up for new service or just the phone?
    I ported my T-mobile line. I hav existing Cing and added it. BUt they may treat it as new activation, I will call back. and find out.
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lep354
    Ok, ok...I'm in SoCal, care to share how you ordered?
    ditto. I'm in So Cal. HOW DID YOU ORDER IT?
    Pretty please.
    Darlene

Save a life, spay or neuter your pet.
    Per tech support CSR: PUK code is the override for when you're locked out of using your phone/SIM (e.g., forget password, enter incorrect password too many times). There are 2 PUK codes. With the first, you have up to 3 chances to enter it correctly. After that, the first code is locked out. The second PUK is then used, with only one chance to enter it correctly. After that, you need a new SIM.

As for actually unlocking, no help. Although he did say the phone can be used with other frequency SIMS from other companies. I.e., the phone is only locked to other SIMs for systems operating at the domestic frequency and will work fine with a non-Cingular SIM in, say, Europe. Can anyone confirm this? I would not want to get to Europe to find out he was just another uninformed/misinformed CSR.
    Yeah I called 866-246-4852 and asked for small business and if they ask you how many say 5. If they send you to credit, tell credit you want to talk to sales first. And I ordered one, the best I could get was 2 day shipping for $14.00, she said sometimes it arrives in 1 day. I am hoping.
    I ported my T-mobile line. I hav existing Cing and added it. BUt they may treat it as new activation, I will call back. and find out.
    a port from t-mobile to cingular is considered a new activation as far as cingular is concerned. that also means that if you were tied into contract with t-mobile at the time of the port, then you are 100% accountable for whatever early termination fees were applicable to your t-mobile contract. be wary.
    Nokia 3585 > Moto i60c > Moto i90c > SK Color > Nokia 6820 > Nokia 6230 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > BB 7100 > BB 7105 > BB Pearl > Treo 755p > Treo 800w
    Send out a memo people. Sick of calling Cingular and getting a different story from each person. I have received replies like:
    1. You are looking at a couple months down the road
    2. We have had software issues with the phone so it will be awhile before it's available

Store:
    1. We were suppose to get it last week but never got it in
    2. Call Cingular instead of ordering at the store and waiting three weeks
    3. Also another mention about software issues holding it back. She also said the phone was made for CDMA and not designed for GSM. huh? When did the north east become the crack capital?

Then you have websites promising you a treo delivered on the 3rd.

Save a life and spay or neuter your local Cingular employees, lol
    Just called Cingular and asked for small business. They told me it will be out some time at the end of 1rst quarter '05. I bet if I called back in a couple of minutes, I would get an entirely different answer.