Page 27 of 63 FirstFirst ... 17222324252627282930313237 ... LastLast
    Well everything is workign well.. I have tons loaded on the Treo.. I'm just waiting for a trial version of pylon pro to sync with Lotus notes... But here are a few pictures of my Treo 650 and I called Cingular and they have given my my SIM unlock code for my phone.. I just don't know how to use it... and the lady wasn't that helpful...
    http://hays.hopto.org/pics/treo/treo1.jpg
    http://hays.hopto.org/pics/treo/treo2.jpg
    http://hays.hopto.org/pics/treo/treo3.jpg
    http://hays.hopto.org/pics/treo/treo4.jpg
    Just got back from the Cingular store with mine, too. Won't bother with pictures since Hayswj has taken care of that--unless there's a specific request. Bought it no contract & no data / 549.
    Quote Originally Posted by reguy
    Just got back from the Cingular store with mine, too. Won't bother with pictures since Hayswj has taken care of that--unless there's a specific request. Bought it no contract & no data / 549.
    So your's is from the store and works with your Cingular SIM and isn't locked to an ATTW SIM like the ones people started ordering end of last week? Assuming this is the case can you confirm if your's is locked to Cingular?

Thanks.
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
    I'm holding out for the unlocked GSM. Anyone know if palmOne offers insurance since I won't be buying it through Cingular? My renter's insurance covers it, but with a $750 deductible (ha!). If I can't get it insured, is it worth it to buy the Cingular version for the insurance since it can be unlocked afterall?
    Are are an existing customer? Everytime I've asked a local Cingular store about buying a phone with no contract they refuse and say they can't sell it without a contract even for the no contract price.

Quote Originally Posted by reguy
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by JoaoPauzaoNYC
    I'm holding out for the unlocked GSM. Anyone know if palmOne offers insurance since I won't be buying it through Cingular? My renter's insurance covers it, but with a $750 deductible (ha!). If I can't get it insured, is it worth it to buy the Cingular version for the insurance since it can be unlocked afterall?
    what many people have failed to realize is that cingular isn't offering any type of insurance on the 650 outside from the manufacturer's limited warranty.

/edit: wait a second...since when was the cingular version unlockable?
    Nokia 3585 > Moto i60c > Moto i90c > SK Color > Nokia 6820 > Nokia 6230 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > BB 7100 > BB 7105 > BB Pearl > Treo 755p > Treo 800w
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobookins
    So your's is from the store and works with your Cingular SIM and isn't locked to an ATTW SIM like the ones people started ordering end of last week? Assuming this is the case can you confirm if your's is locked to Cingular?

Thanks.

I can confirm it is not locked to AT&T since my SIM is identical to the one posted in message 476 of this thread (except mine has a very long number printed in the orange area). Unfortunately, neither I nor others in my office have another company's SIM to test. Will try to find one.

I was told by the sales rep it is locked to Cingular. But, CSRs have been known to be wrong, eh?
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis
    Are are an existing customer? Everytime I've asked a local Cingular store about buying a phone with no contract they refuse and say they can't sell it without a contract even for the no contract price.
    Nope. New customer. New phone number. CSR said she could not enter "0" (months) in contract form, so she entered "1" and added notes on the account that I have no contract, it only states 1 month because the system would not accept zero.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobookins

Thanks.
    I tried a T-mobile and ATTWS sim and neither worked, but I called Cingular and they gave my the SIM unlock code for my phone... They just didn't tell me how to get it in the phone... So I will have to talk to a few people....
    I dont get it. One of the advantages to having a GSM phone is the ability to swap in sim cards. How does Cingular expect users that travel to different countries to use their phones?
    Quote Originally Posted by b0tes
    what many people have failed to realize is that cingular isn't offering any type of insurance on the 650 outside from the manufacturer's limited warranty.

/edit: wait a second...since when was the cingular version unlockable?
    Oh yeah? Thanks, b0tes. Done then. Holding out for the P1 unlocked version.

Unlocked codes...shadowmite's patches.
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman
    I dont get it. One of the advantages to having a GSM phone is the ability to swap in sim cards. How does Cingular expect users that travel to different countries to use their phones?
    I just said they gave me the unlock code no questions asked.. The lady was just not knowledgable about entering into the Treo 650... Since techniquely they are not released yet... But the code is specific to the IMEI..
  13.    #533  
    Congrats Hayswj!

One by one we are all progressing toward the acquisition of our 650s. Very, very cool. So you lucked up on a weak Cust. Serv Rep. Today is my day to order.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayswj
    Well everything is workign well.. I have tons loaded on the Treo.. I'm just waiting for a trial version of pylon pro to sync with Lotus notes... But here are a few pictures of my Treo 650 and I called Cingular and they have given my my SIM unlock code for my phone.. I just don't know how to use it... and the lady wasn't that helpful...
    http://hays.hopto.org/pics/treo/treo1.jpg
    http://hays.hopto.org/pics/treo/treo2.jpg
    http://hays.hopto.org/pics/treo/treo3.jpg
    http://hays.hopto.org/pics/treo/treo4.jpg
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    I just said they gave me the unlock code no questions asked.. The lady was just not knowledgable about entering into the Treo 650... Since techniquely they are not released yet... But the code is specific to the IMEI..
    That's why I carried my Treo 600 (AT&TWS) AND my unlocked Sony-Ericssion T68i last time I visited Europe. I couldn't find a solid unlocking means at the time and didn't want to experiment on my, then new, T600. I still have the T68i and may, therefore, go with a cheaper T650 on a contract.
    Best,

Bill
    ><(((((`>
    Palm Treo Pro, iPhone 3G 16GB Refurb, Palm TX
    Waiting for Pre GSM!
    Found a place in St .Louis that has 10, but I have to be there to sign the contract.

:{ I live 9 hours away.

L
    Te >T3 > T3 > Zod2 > Z72 > waiting for t650
    The folks that are picking up Cingular Treo 650s at local stores....where are you located? I've heard Texas. Any other states? Anybody from Illinois? Thanks.
    When I called they said the only code they can give me is the PUK code (8 digit number). CSR may not have even understood my question. He put me on hold to ask a supervisor and came back with the PUK code. Anyone know what that is? He said something about it being the code that would allow me to make the phone work overseas.

Hayswj, did you just dial *611 to ask for the code? How did you phrase your request?

BTW, no available insurance from Cingular is true based on my experience this morning.
    With all of the threads going on about getting the 650 in hand I thought I would share my "how to" and some info.

Bacground - My Treo 600 was stolen the day after Christmas in a shopping center in Durham NC (I'm from San Diego) while visiting family. For the past month I've been going through Treo withdrawals and almost a depression not having it. I had a GSM plan through ATT on the 600. But when my phone was stolen I had them revert me back to my old non-GSM plan until I could get a new phone. All of that information is in my account with ATT (now Cingular). In reading the messages in this board along with a few others I've been trying to find out EXACTLY how I can get my a new 650.

Finally, someone posted a piece of information that helped: From my existing phone dial 611. That did it. In the menu options I said that my phone was stolen (although I don't think that mattered). Andrew got on the line. I told him I wanted to buy 2 Treo 650, sign both my wife and myself up under the family plan ($79/month for 1250 minutes plus $9.95 for the second line). He then told me I could get the Treo 650's in my hands by tomorrow. You should have seen the grin on my face...I'm still smiling!!!

More...Since I have to sign a new 2 year contract anyway, I'm getting two phones for $399 each. Plus I signed up for the unlimited data plan for $39.99 for my phone, and the 2MB $9.99 for my wife (yes I spoil her rotten - she has no clue as to what she's getting - she just likes the idea of having a new toy like mine!). Now, here's the wierd thing, Andrew asked me if I want the Treo 650 with or without the camera ($50 difference)? I've never heard of this. Anyone else know about this? I thought all Treo 650s had the camera. Never the less, I ordered two with the camera.

Now for the big info - Unlocking the phone. I told him that I travel out of the country on occasion and that I want to be able to pick up a prepaid sim card in Europe. He mentioned, without me even asking, how to UNLOCK THE TREO 650! Here's the number to call - 1-800-CINGULAR, Option 2, Option 0. Enter your phone number. It will give you back an unlock code and instructions. YOUR PHONE IS NOW UNLOCKED - THAT SIMPLE. Boy am I glad I did not hold out for an unlocked phone at $600 like I did with the Treo 600. Andrew said that Cingular is much more "customer friendly" and will unlock anyone's phone if they are planning on traveling and use a different SIM. Hope this helps.

Still, smiling
    Wanna double-check that? 1-800-CINGULAR is not a working number.
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman
    Roaming, of course. Note that local calls are double roaming. You pay the local carrier to get it to the US and Cingular to get it back. Said another way, local calls are more expensive than calls back to the US. That is why people often buy a local SIM for local calls.