Page 25 of 63 FirstFirst ... 15202122232425262728293035 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobookins
    That's a long flight. By the time you get back it could out in the US.

What's up with you Canadians lagging so much behind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    I Hate T-mobile.
    I hear you.
    We will never get EDGE with this guys !!
    BTW, Felipe, according to read here and HoFo, if you want EDGE in NYC; you better be roaming on AT&T towers

Go METS !!
    Quote Originally Posted by brightcell
    I hear you.
    We will never get EDGE with this guys !!
    BTW, Felipe, according to read here and HoFo, if you want EDGE in NYC; you better be roaming on AT&T towers

Go METS !!
    Data is a problem with T-mo.
    But wifi sled will solve the problem to some degree.
    T-mo has the best phone coverage in my area, therefore i am stuck.
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    It's not blocked but they WILL charge you extra (10c per kb I think). On the $24.99 the only thing you'll get away with is HTTP stuff and POP3. Evidently they use check ports. This has been tested and confirmed on HoFo.

Thanks for the heads up MisterED. Any idea if IMAP is considered mMode? If its not my bill is going to be huge.
    Quote Originally Posted by specimen38
    Scotty,

Is yours Cingular Blue or Orange? Is there a way to tell if the new SIM is 64k? Will you have access to Cingular & ATT GSM towers equally?
    Cingular Blue. Doesn't appear that the new SIM is 64k, doesn't say it anywhere (it is white with the AT&T logo) but haven't activated it to check it out yet either...
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobookins
    scotty do you know based on coverage maps etc if you're in an EDGE area with ATTW/Cingular or not? (Is there complete national EDGE coverage with Cingular/ATTW or would areas simply have normal GPRS? Anyone know?) 48kbit a second versus 32kbit a second from 650 to 600 sounds more like processor difference and signal difference and doesn't appear to reflect EDGE at all but I'm not an expert. It does seem a little disappointing and I'm not sure why the SIM card would make any difference in this case.
    The EDGE map does show Sacramento covered, but who knows...will try again when I'm walking my dog in a few hours and see if I can get better results

Quote Originally Posted by reguy
    She said they will only sell it with a 1 yr. min. contract. Although the other store that's supposed to get them in Thur. or Fri. said they'll sell it without. What is typical for Cingular?
    What is typical for nice people? This is not the behavior of people I want to do business with.
    valid point.
    It's not. It should say 32K right on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    Cingular Blue. Doesn't appear that the new SIM is 64k, doesn't say it anywhere (it is white with the AT&T logo) but haven't activated it to check it out yet either...
    Not 100% sure on that. If it uses ports other then 110, 25 & 80 keep an eye on your bill. Billed data usually shows up in 24-36 hrs. Keep good records of what you do an when so you can tell.
    Quote Originally Posted by webtoker
    Thanks for the heads up MisterED. Any idea if IMAP is considered mMode? If its not my bill is going to be huge.
    hi again all. ok, i gave into temptation early today and started calling Cingular business again and again, trying to find a rep who would bow down and sell me a GSM 650 w/ new service (i do not have a current contract w/ Cingular or ATT); my fourth "victim" rep decided i sounded so pathetic that she decided to help me out, i have a 650 on my way to me via Fedex now, supposedly leaving tomorrow so i can enjoy over the weekend. i tried to get them to give me the mMode data plan on the phone, but was told after checking w/ a manager that this isn't being allowed anymore, so YMMV in everyone elses attempts to getting mMode instead, she even mentioned that some reps had made the mistake of allowing mMode instead of a true data plan... after reading that ports other than 80, 25 and 110 will be billed seperately, i'm not interested in mMode anymore regardless.

cant wait until it arrives, will be wonderful to finally get a 650 in hand after all these months and i will be a happy girl... i hope it lives up to my expectations, this will be my first Treo..!
  12.    #492  
    How is your Sprint device? "The Precious"
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtreosexual
    Thinking of flying to New Zealand to get one.
  13.    #493  
    I am assuming it does not look like this. http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...64k#post541344
    I am assuming it does not look like this. http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...64k#post541344
    Nope. Will post a pic tomorrow...

15.    #495  
    Scotty or anybody,

What is the difference in functionality between the two SIM chips? 32k versus 64k?
    Nope. Will post a pic tomorrow...
    I have one of the first Cingular Orange Treo 650.. PIcked it up today at a store where the manager pulled some strings to get some ordered.. She has already given them out to employees and my brother-in-law who was able to get me one. So far so cool... It has just finished charging and I'll post pictures tomorrow morning.... I hope everyone gets theres soon... It seems to be a great phone.... The Cingular Orange is locked to Cingular Orange SIMS... Tried an ATTWS and T-mobile sim neither worked.... I haven't tried an patches, but there is no Bluetooth DUN out of box as expected... I'll be playing for a little while more tonight...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayswj
    I have one of the first Cingular Orange Treo 650.. PIcked it up today at a store <snip>
    Could you tell us what it cost and weather you bought it full price, with an upgrade discount, or with new service activation?
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh
    Could you tell us what it cost and weather you bought it full price, with an upgrade discount, or with new service activation?
    I ordered it as upgraded equipment and it was $499 with 1 year agreement.. I was able to keep my media works, but the reps who was nice and not pushy said it is wap and not the full internet? I haven't had a chance to play with it enough to tell.. Will know more tomorrow... Plus my firmware is 01.04, software Treo650-1.02-CNG,hardware A
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayswj
    I ordered it as upgraded equipment and it was $499 with 1 year agreement.. I was able to keep my media works, but the reps who was nice and not pushy said it is wap and not the full internet? I haven't had a chance to play with it enough to tell.. Will know more tomorrow... Plus my firmware is 01.04, software Treo650-1.02-CNG,hardware A
    The rep is incorrect and probabally just doesn't know better. Media Works is full internet. With a standard (expensive) data plan you use an access point that has the potential to scale to a higher bandwith to handle more customers using a lot of data (something about number of dedicated and on-demand download and upload time slots,) you get a real IP address (not a NAT), and one of the access points will do data compression (helps improve effiency with text mostly.) Otherwise you can do anything except PPTP VPN (because of the NAT, not because of any limitations place on the data.)
    POP mail, IMAP mail, FTP, IRC, and I can even VPN from my laptop to work through the Treo as a modem
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    Scotty or anybody,

What is the difference in functionality between the two SIM chips? 32k versus 64k?
    specimen38, you dissapoint me. I have commented at length on it... it seems few have looked though. Try the other thread if it is not in here.
    Treo 650 GSM