Page 24 of 63 FirstFirst ... 14192021222324252627282934 ... LastLast
Results 461 to 480 of 1254
  1. #461  
    She said they will only sell it with a 1 yr. min. contract. Although the other store that's supposed to get them in Thur. or Fri. said they'll sell it without. What is typical for Cingular?
  2. #462  
    Got mine today, I have never owned a treo or PDA for that matter so looking forward to playing with this.

    I am going to try call ATT tomorrow to cancell the new line and keep the phone or see if I can get them to transfer the line from a separarate package to my family plan.
  3. #463  
    Quote Originally Posted by redemption
    I am going to try call ATT tomorrow to cancell the new line and keep the phone or see if I can get them to transfer the line from a separarate package to my family plan.
    I didn't realize AT&T had family plans. What contract do you have?
  4. #464  
    I have a family plan 59.99 for 650 anytime minutes and since i ordered online i get an additional 400 freeminutes. 1000 phone to phone minutes and free nights and weekends starting at 7 p.m.
  5. #465  
    Not bad. I guess I missed out since they don't seem to be offering any AT&T plans anymore (except maybe B2B?). I'll be porting my number from AT&T to Cingular with my 650.
  6. #466  
    Quote Originally Posted by reguy
    She said they will only sell it with a 1 yr. min. contract. Although the other store that's supposed to get them in Thur. or Fri. said they'll sell it without. What is typical for Cingular?
    The Cingular stores in my area, NH, will sell you one at full price as long as you have an account with Cingular already as they ask you for your phone number. They told me they have to have an account to tie the purchase to.
  7. #467  
    Quote Originally Posted by apdageek
    The Cingular stores in my area, NH, will sell you one at full price as long as you have an account with Cingular already as they ask you for your phone number. They told me they have to have an account to tie the purchase to.

    How about month-to-month? Or do they not consider that a contract?
  8. #468  
    I bought another phone and gave my KIC prepaid (no contract) phone number for that.
  9. #469  
    Quote Originally Posted by helpermonkey
    What signal strength did you make those tests at? I for one do not expect there can be any speed difference between the SIM cards. I am hoping you were just at a weeker signal level when you ran the test. can you do it at full signal level and report back?
    will do...is 4 bars full or 5.. didn't notice if i was at 3 or 4 or 5 at the time..if there is a 5
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

    "95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  10. #470  
    Also to scottymomo,

    Are you in an area that has EDGE coverage?.. I assume you are in Sacramento ("Location: Sac") and I believe they have EDGE. I hope the 650 I am getting will have the faster speeds because that is part of the reason I am getting it.
  11. #471  
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    My 650 came with a new SIM which I haven't tried yet. My old SIM from my ATTWS 600 worked fine. Question for GSM users...when the data connection is starting, does it still say Starting GPRS or does it say something different? Guess I will need to try the new SIM to see if there's any difference.

    200k Speed results with my old SIM in the 650 from DSLReports/mspeed

    48kbit/sec
    2.402 latency
    35.356 seconds d/l time

    Speed results in my 600
    32kbit/sec
    1.979s latency
    51.368s d/l time


    Hopefully my new SIM will be better? Think it will make any difference?

    BTW, P key is softer than the others but seems to work ok. What an awesome screen. Like the Dpad on the 600 though since it's larger. Hitting down on the Dpad is a little tougher as your thumb tends to feel weird hitting near the T and Y keys...

    more later...
    scotty do you know based on coverage maps etc if you're in an EDGE area with ATTW/Cingular or not? (Is there complete national EDGE coverage with Cingular/ATTW or would areas simply have normal GPRS? Anyone know?) 48kbit a second versus 32kbit a second from 650 to 600 sounds more like processor difference and signal difference and doesn't appear to reflect EDGE at all but I'm not an expert. It does seem a little disappointing and I'm not sure why the SIM card would make any difference in this case.
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
  12.    #472  
    Scotty,

    Is yours Cingular Blue or Orange? Is there a way to tell if the new SIM is 64k? Will you have access to Cingular & ATT GSM towers equally?
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    My 650 came with a new SIM which I haven't tried yet. My old SIM from my ATTWS 600 worked fine. Question for GSM users...when the data connection is starting, does it still say Starting GPRS or does it say something different? Guess I will need to try the new SIM to see if there's any difference.

    200k Speed results with my old SIM in the 650 from DSLReports/mspeed

    48kbit/sec
    2.402 latency
    35.356 seconds d/l time

    Speed results in my 600
    32kbit/sec
    1.979s latency
    51.368s d/l time


    Hopefully my new SIM will be better? Think it will make any difference?

    BTW, P key is softer than the others but seems to work ok. What an awesome screen. Like the Dpad on the 600 though since it's larger. Hitting down on the Dpad is a little tougher as your thumb tends to feel weird hitting near the T and Y keys...

    more later...
  13. alee's Avatar
    Posts
    410 Posts
    Global Posts
    805 Global Posts
    #473  
    Quote Originally Posted by specimen38
    Is there a way to tell if the new SIM is 64k?[/B]
    It'll be white and say 64k on it.
  14. #474  
    Quote Originally Posted by alee
    It'll be white and say 64k on it.
    My 64k sim is half white and half orange on the side with Cingular's name. Aren't the 32k sims all white?
  15. #475  
    It's not blocked but they WILL charge you extra (10c per kb I think). On the $24.99 the only thing you'll get away with is HTTP stuff and POP3. Evidently they use check ports. This has been tested and confirmed on HoFo.
    Quote Originally Posted by pmurph222
    I know this is slightly off topic, but I was wondering something about ATT and their unlimmited mMode ($24.99). Do they allow VNC over their network, or is it blocked? I have heard mumblings that they mights charge extra if you try using VNC.
    I have never really used VNC on a PDA or phone, but I would be interested in setting that up with the new Treo.

    Paul
  16. alee's Avatar
    Posts
    410 Posts
    Global Posts
    805 Global Posts
    #476  
    Quote Originally Posted by apdageek
    My 64k sim is half white and half orange on the side with Cingular's name. Aren't the 32k sims all white?
    Sorry you're right... here's my 64k SIM:
    http://staff.pop3now.com/alee/64ksim.jpg
  17. #477  
    I Hate T-mobile.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  18. #478  
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    I Hate T-mobile.

    Why ?
  19. #479  
    Thinking of flying to New Zealand to get one.
  20. #480  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtreosexual
    Thinking of flying to New Zealand to get one.
    That's a long flight. By the time you get back it could out in the US.
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers

Posting Permissions