Page 22 of 63 FirstFirst ... 12171819202122232425262732 ... LastLast
    They say 3-5 days, but it is sent overnight FedEx. They said to call back later for your tracking number.
    I am beyond excited - I ordered mine, too. I am on AT&T with an IBM employee discount from my husband. It counts as a "foundation" account. $449.99 with a year extension on my contract. Was told my old regional plan was expired, asked me to choose a data plan first (same one I am on - $50, used to be 45 with a voice plan), and gave me national minutes for the same as my old plan, but I had lost promotional minutes. The sweet thing took almost an hour processing the order, so she gave me an additional 400 minutes, so I have more now than before. I get about 20% discount on service with the employee discount - usually 35% on phones, but not on the 650.
    Looks like it depends on who you talk to, for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by pmurph222
    Well,
    I just placed my order for the 650. It was suprisingly painless! I called up NBO (I have a Foundation Account) and just asked for the Treo 650. Price was $449.99. The lady I spoke to didn't even try to sell me a data or voice plan. She just asked if I was upgrading my phone and I said yes.

3-5 bussiness days she says. Hopefully it will be closer to 3 than 5. I am quite eager to get this phone.

Paul
    Treo 750 and iPhone.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdageek
    I agree that it would be helpful as I am also curious how it works. Maybe someone who has done this with T-Mobile phones could give us some insight since I've heard T-Mobile will give you an unlock code for your phone if you request it after having been a customer of theirs for 3-months or so.
    Very easy with T-mobile.. You email customer service with your request. If you have been with Tmobile for 90 days and in in good standing (no overdue charges) they will ask you for your name account number, last four of your SSN, phone number make and model, and reason (common answer need it for Europe). Within 48 hours they email you instructions and the unlock code.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayswj
    Yes you can do it.. I did it when porting was first available.. You order your phone and it comes activated with a new number. You call the carrier of the new phone and tell them you bought a phone on amazon and want to port. They will walk you through the process.. You should also get instructions explaining this in the box.
    Couldn't have said it better
    I am sure you know that but do NOT cancel your "original" contract (the one you are porting the number from) before the porting process. It will be stop automatically after that your number is successfully ported.
    Quote Originally Posted by brightcell
    Couldn't have said it better
    I am sure you know that but do NOT cancel your "original" contract (the one you are porting the number from) before the porting process. It will be stop automatically after that your number is successfully ported.
    Good point.
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    For those that have already received the 650;

Is that the same color scheme as the Sony Ericsson T68i (non-ATT model)?
    HS visor Deluxe (Blue) & Palm IIIx ► HS visor Prism & visorPhone ►P1 T|T & SE T68i ► Tapwave Zodiac2 & P1 Treo 650 GSM ►Treo 680 unlocked ► Sprint Pre(-)►TouchPad & Sprint FrankenPre2 VZW

I will leave Palm/webOS only after kicking, screaming and wrecking anything on my way out.

- (Sigh)... It died.
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thMonkey
    absolutely!!!! T650 comes with RealPlayer, but alot of people prefer PTunes, Yup, on the SD card
    generally how many songs per card and how is the battery life using the 650 as a ipod music player?
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    I know this is slightly off topic, but I was wondering something about ATT and their unlimmited mMode ($24.99). Do they allow VNC over their network, or is it blocked? I have heard mumblings that they mights charge extra if you try using VNC.
    I have never really used VNC on a PDA or phone, but I would be interested in setting that up with the new Treo.

Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by koolio
    FWIW, I called the palmOne retail store, in Boston, this past week and the woman said they expect to get unlocked versions by mid-February...I sure as hell hope she's right.
    i am wondering if i should wait??? i called earlier today and was told the phone is not avaialbe. i am going to try in the afternoon on my lunch break with a different rep.
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder God
    i am wondering if i should wait??? i called earlier today and was told the phone is not avaialbe. i am going to try in the afternoon on my lunch break with a different rep.
    Let us know if you get any new info. (As I'm sure you would.) I have no choice but to wait unless I want to sign with Cingular and pay Roaming charges while I use the phone in Toronto where I live. (That would be stupid. Actually it would be sick. On the other hand I would have the phone. Just kidding.) Anyway I hope the unlocked phones are available soon from P1. I don't care about a carrier discount I just desperately want a 650 that will work with my Rogers account.

(I got mad last week and thought about buying a different phone but nothing is even close to the 650 overall. The Nokia 9500 has nice specs on paper but have you looked at that thing. Unless you're into Retro it's pretty ugly. Big and ugly.)

Apologies for rambling.
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
    They say 3-5 days, but it is sent overnight FedEx. They said to call back later for your tracking number.

Levyesq,
    Have you, or anybody else tried entering your order number into the ATT website to check your order status? I was wondering because right now it can't find my order. I wonder how long it takes for the order to get into the system.

Paul
  11. Rob
    Global Posts
    533 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by specimen38
    Treo 650 Acquisition Status

If I missed anybody forgive me.... I am going from recollection which is not so good these days.

Milo Bloom = = Has Treo 650
    jmacon = Has Treo 650
    whmurray =
    MisterEd =
    cglaguna =
    helpermonkey = Has Treo 650
    Mtreosexual =
    Boobookins =
    Tanner =
    bcaslis =
    100thMonkey =
    Hayswj = Has Treo 650
    MacUser =
    Thunder God =
    Daddyof3 =
    techjunkie =
    Barney =
    Webtoker = Has Treo 650
    Felipe =
    brightcell =
    khart214 = Has Treo 650
    specimen38 = Monday Jan 31st

Rob = Has Treo 650!!!

(unfortunately, it arrived at my home, and I'm still at work!!!)

p.s. Yes, it is FedEx standard overnight even though the reps say "3-4 business days"
    Quote Originally Posted by pmurph222
    Levyesq,
    Have you, or anybody else tried entering your order number into the ATT website to check your order status? I was wondering because right now it can't find my order. I wonder how long it takes for the order to get into the system.

Paul
    You have to call in to check order status. The website is for web orders only as far as I know.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by WirelessAndy
    COMFORT NOISE?
    I've never hear of that before. I can almost picture some executive at Nokia/Siemens/Samsung/etc etc demo'ing a phone and asking some engineer, "Why is there so much hissing in the background?" "Oh," replies the engineer, "That's just so you know the call is still active!"

If that's the reason, then someone bring me the head of that engineer on a platter made up of all the crushed-up bits of cell phones I've had in the past that I've had to give up because of noise!

I've had many a phone, and not all of them feature this comfort noise. I honestly can't imagine it's there on some phones as a feature.

Disclaimer: I think I am slightly obsessive about noise, so my tolerance for this sort of thing on a phone is really quite unreasonable.

The only reason I'm still using my Motorola V60gi is because of it's nearly nonexistent noise level (that hissing sound) in the earpiece. The V551 wasn't bad, either. Even the non-GSM Nextel i530 wasn't too shabby.

I've had less luck with non-Motorola phones, unfortunately. Off the top of my head, the Samsung SGH-X427 had quite a bit of hissing and garbling in the background. SE T637, Blackberry 6230 and the Nokia 6230b both featured very faint periodic garble. Siemens S66 was hissy. Of course, all my old Nokias (8290, 8890, 6590i, 6100, 3100) buzzed like MAD when the phone was transmitting (*buzzzzzz*). Oddly enough, I don't remember this being an issue with the Nokia 6310i.

I'm so picky about noise, I've NOT kept phones I've had high hopes on due to it.

Anyway, I'm not knocking what you believe ("Comfort Noise"). Hey, who knows, it might be true. Since my experience on Cingular GSM has been so varied when it comes to noise, it leads me to the conclusion that different phones suppress noise better than others. See my Nit Picking rants here (link).

Actually, maybe I should thank you. I never ever once in my crazy, tiny mind thought of the Comfort Noise concept. If I could buy in on that, I'd have a whole lot less to write/rant about! Just ask anyone over at the HowardForums.

<back on topic>
    Sorry. I had to let that out. I just hope the Treo 650 does well in the noise area. Otherwise, I'll definitely pass.
    As it was already commented on and a link supplied, I don't have to say that it is real. I will add that comfort noise is not anything you would consider as "noise". Try calling a phone line and putting the call on hold - on GSM you should hear a very quiet hiss of white noise in the background. As stated before that is simply because with DTX on, there is no transmission even taking place to your phone (well no voice data anyway) - so it makes an analog noise type of sound to let you know it is not a dead line or dropped call. If you find this level of noise unacceptable you should probably give up cellular phones altogether Honestly though, I find it hard to believe anything you would actually call noise has anything to do with the comfort noise.
    Treo 650 GSM
    Quote Originally Posted by proxx
    So, so far ONLY the people who have AT & T B2B Foundation Accounts, have been able to order their 650s ?

Has ANYONE with an existing Cingular plan been able to get the 650?

I have a Cingular plan and am out contract, so I could extend my contract for another 2 years if they give a discount on the phone.

I wonder if the phone will become immediately sold out after Cingular releases it to their regular customers.
    I just returned from visiting 2 of the main local Cingular stores. I'm currently Cingular Blue and not on a business account, and inquired based on migrating to Orange. The first Cingular store expects their 650s tomorrow. They were apparently able to order them last Friday. Unfortunately, the waiting list is probably such that I won't get one of them. So on the another store, where the manager told me he personally ordered several today. He looked up status in their "compass" system as I stood there, and he said the PO had been created, and he should receive them Thursday or Friday. I'm #3 on his waiting list for 5 units. (BTW, his "compass" system also showed 6 units in stock at another local store. When he called, he was told they had a long waiting list for them.)

Bottom line, Cingular outlets are getting them in now. And no apparent early release through the B2B channel. Might be of note that I am in *very* close proximity to SBC HQ, although I doubt that would have anything to do with Cingular availability.
    Quote Originally Posted by darjay
    TreoEntertainer,
    Did your friend say when the rest of us might be able to purchase the Darn thing?
    Don't expect Beta Testers to know anything about that. You are talking about two completely different functional groups. Although I would not call the friend a beta tester really since you don't test a phone right as you are about to release it. Phones are tested well in advance of release to the public, this one included.

Quote Originally Posted by overcast10
    Thanks! What's the need for all this hush hush "let's avoid the public" response from P1. I wish I could say I'd go elsewhere but the truth of the matter is I have a lot of software invested in the Palm OS and I honestly just like this OS over CE. They have control over us! I thought the consumer had the stinkin' power
    overcast10 - if you had the power I would think you would have made your own Treo 650 by now. Sorry for being smart, but the idea that the consumer does or somehow should have power over the release date of a product seems obsurd.

Quote Originally Posted by gbobman
    For those that have already received the 650;

Is that the same color scheme as the Sony Ericsson T68i (non-ATT model)?
    I guess you could say yes, it is the same color scheme.

For who ever asked about the P key being kind of soft - it is on my phone. Nothing I noticed before reading about it online and then checking, but yes it is there. I would also like to note that I personally have mentioned this several times before.
    Treo 650 GSM
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Snyder81
    FYI - I attended the PalmOne Webinar last week and asked a question about the voice problems with the CDMA 650. I got a "private answer" (E.g. it was not broadcast to everyone at the webcast) saying that the voice issues were fixed in the GSM 650 and there would be patch coming out to fix the CDMA models.
    FYI - Here was the question and private response posted verbatim.

Question: What is PalmOne doing to address the voice quality issues and NVFS storage issues of the 650? Will these be fixed in the GSM version. What about a patch for the CMDA versions? Details on these issues can be found at www.treocentral.com
    Private Answer: There is going to be an OS patch for CDMA. These will be fixed in the GSM version. Regarding NVFS specifically, there is a tradeoff of memory storage space taken which we have to pay for the benefit of not losingyour data.
    Maybe I am just a non-power using Treo newbie, but what is the big deal on a little more memory being used up to have the satisfaction of not losing your data? If I had a choice I would choose data stability myself. I have a memory card anyway. I have never lost any data on my 650 and I am pleased about that.
    Treo 650 GSM
    I was able to get my 650 for $299 with a one-year contract. I was offered it at $249 for two years. No data plan was mentioned or required. It came today.
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    Thank you helpermoney.

I can feel at ease to put my T68i to rest. Buried.
    HS visor Deluxe (Blue) & Palm IIIx ► HS visor Prism & visorPhone ►P1 T|T & SE T68i ► Tapwave Zodiac2 & P1 Treo 650 GSM ►Treo 680 unlocked ► Sprint Pre(-)►TouchPad & Sprint FrankenPre2 VZW

I will leave Palm/webOS only after kicking, screaming and wrecking anything on my way out.

- (Sigh)... It died.
  20.    #440  
    Congrats Rob. Report back and let us know the details. What is your application for it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob
    Rob = Has Treo 650!!!

(unfortunately, it arrived at my home, and I'm still at work!!!)

p.s. Yes, it is FedEx standard overnight even though the reps say "3-4 business days"