Page 21 of 63 FirstFirst ... 11161718192021222324252631 ... LastLast
    Obviously no one knows for sure and P1 certainly isn't talking. Rumors & speculation abound as to anytime between now and "some day." My purely <?>speculatory<?> GUESS would be shortly after CINGULAR starts selling them "on the open market" and not just to their business accounts. This is SUPPOSED to be within 2 weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by overcast10
    Can someone share some solid concrete news as to when the UNLOCKED P1 phone is arriving?
    Congrats! ... you obvioulsy stepped in sh1t and found one dumb mf'in sales person who will probably be collecting unemployment very shortly! There are people working for some of the biggest corporations in the world who can't get it for that price (and they have corporate ATT accounts)!
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoEntertainer
    MisterEd, Specimen & Gang, I am the proud owner of a new Treo 650 GSM. And yes, MisterEd, I paid ONLY $249 (264 after tax or shipping. Not sure which, but who cares.)
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    Obviously no one knows for sure and P1 certainly isn't talking. Rumors & speculation abound as to anytime between now and "some day." My purely <?>speculatory<?> GUESS would be shortly after CINGULAR starts selling them "on the open market" and not just to their business accounts. This is SUPPOSED to be within 2 weeks.
    Thanks! What's the need for all this hush hush "let's avoid the public" response from P1. I wish I could say I'd go elsewhere but the truth of the matter is I have a lot of software invested in the Palm OS and I honestly just like this OS over CE. They have control over us! I thought the consumer had the stinkin' power
    I honestly believe they have some sort of agreement with CinguATT where they can't announce it for a certain period of time.
    Quote Originally Posted by overcast10
    Thanks! What's the need for all this hush hush "let's avoid the public" response from P1. I wish I could say I'd go elsewhere but the truth of the matter is I have a lot of software invested in the Palm OS and I honestly just like this OS over CE. They have control over us! I thought the consumer had the stinkin' power
    Woo hoo, just arrived, opening box now...
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    Woo hoo, just arrived, opening box now...
    SO what do you think... I hate having to live vicariously through others... D*** you Cingular for making me wait....
    AT&T: Blue Customers Can Now Use Orange Phones

Cingular has begun to lax some restrictions on what customers can use what phones under the Cingular umbrella. Blue, formerly AT&T Wireless customers can now use orange phones, even locked ones.

The process is not automatic though, you must email simunlockcode@cingular.com with the following information:
    Your Name:
    Your Account Number:
    Your Mobile Number:
    Your Phone's IMEI:
    Phone Make and Model:

The SIM Unlock Group will then give you instructions to unlock the phone. Of course, Blue customers are not able to obtain any discount, and must pay the full retail price for the phone.
    Well,
    I just placed my order for the 650. It was suprisingly painless! I called up NBO (I have a Foundation Account) and just asked for the Treo 650. Price was $449.99. The lady I spoke to didn't even try to sell me a data or voice plan. She just asked if I was upgrading my phone and I said yes.

3-5 bussiness days she says. Hopefully it will be closer to 3 than 5. I am quite eager to get this phone.

Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by singersong

Cingular has begun to lax some restrictions on what customers can use what phones under the Cingular umbrella. Blue, formerly AT&T Wireless customers can now use orange phones, even locked ones.

The process is not automatic though, you must email simunlockcode@cingular.com with the following information:
    Your Name:
    Your Account Number:
    Your Mobile Number:
    Your Phone's IMEI:
    Phone Make and Model:

The SIM Unlock Group will then give you instructions to unlock the phone. Of course, Blue customers are not able to obtain any discount, and must pay the full retail price for the phone.
    But can you go the other way?

Your Name:
    Your Account Number:
    Your Mobile Number:
    Your Phone's IMEI:
    Phone Make and Model:

Where did you get this information. Don't want to buy a Treo 650 and end up paying full price and having to switch to Cingular anyways cause they are unable to unlock it.

Your Name:
    Your Account Number:
    Your Mobile Number:
    Your Phone's IMEI:
    Phone Make and Model:

i'd like to see someone put this to the test. even better, if we could get someone to post a copy of the reply email from cingular. that way, we'd have a little more insight as to how we should go about unlocking the gsm 650 for others not on cingular/at&t.
    Nokia 3585 > Moto i60c > Moto i90c > SK Color > Nokia 6820 > Nokia 6230 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > BB 7100 > BB 7105 > BB Pearl > Treo 755p > Treo 800w
    So, so far ONLY the people who have AT & T B2B Foundation Accounts, have been able to order their 650s ?

Has ANYONE with an existing Cingular plan been able to get the 650?

I have a Cingular plan and am out contract, so I could extend my contract for another 2 years if they give a discount on the phone.

I wonder if the phone will become immediately sold out after Cingular releases it to their regular customers.
    Treo 650
    Treo 600
    Cingular
    MediaWorks
    I got all 5 Treo 650's that i ordered last Friday today. This sure made my day...

Skippy
    I think the unlock code is based on the IMEI of the phone so a different code is required for each one. You may also have to re-enter the unlock code after a hard reset.
    I know there is some concern as to whether ATT will honor the FAN price and actually send a 650.

Mine came this morning. I had ordered it Friday. It is a 650 at the FAN price.

I didn't have to change my voice or data plans. I didn't have to migrate to Cingular.

I have always had very good experiences with ATT NBO service people. I have found some confusion around roll outs (V600 for example) -- but the rep's have always tried hard to get it right and to be fair.

For those of you awaiting your deeply discounted phones -- don't fear, they won't be 600's. And, I got a receipt in the box to show I had only been charged the FAN price.

I just found this group in the last week or so and am pleased to be a part. I'm learning a ton by just cruising through the forums.

sjh
    Quote Originally Posted by apdageek
    I think the unlock code is based on the IMEI of the phone so a different code is required for each one.
    you're absolutely right. i think the information would still be helpful, nonetheless.
    Nokia 3585 > Moto i60c > Moto i90c > SK Color > Nokia 6820 > Nokia 6230 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > BB 7100 > BB 7105 > BB Pearl > Treo 755p > Treo 800w
    This is the info my rep gave me this morning as I have a few users with personal ATT accounts and they want the phone now. Here’s what he suggested.

If someone with a personal account would like the phone now, they just need to know someone that has a Biz account. Have them order a phone/line of service. Once the phone comes in, cancel the line and keep the phone. All you end up paying is the $$ of the phone.
    I agree that it would be helpful as I am also curious how it works. Maybe someone who has done this with T-Mobile phones could give us some insight since I've heard T-Mobile will give you an unlock code for your phone if you request it after having been a customer of theirs for 3-months or so.
    Quote Originally Posted by skippy
    This is the info my rep gave me this morning as I have a few users with personal ATT accounts and they want the phone now. Here’s what he suggested.

If someone with a personal account would like the phone now, they just need to know someone that has a Biz account. Have them order a phone/line of service. Once the phone comes in, cancel the line and keep the phone. All you end up paying is the $$ of the phone.

That's a good idea, but what if the phone comes locked to AT&T and my existing Cingular SIM card doesn't work?
    Treo 650
    Treo 600
    Cingular
    MediaWorks
  20.    #420  
    I am quitting for now. I do not have a foundation account number or any B2B connection. This calling Blue and Orange is very frustrating. I will wait for GSM T650 from Cingular consumer in 2-3 weeks.

So... I (Keep) Waiting For GSM Model. Who's With Me?
    Last edited by specimen38; 01/31/2005 at 05:11 PM.