Page 20 of 63 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920212223242530 ... LastLast
    Wellllllll. Seems the 4th try was the charm. After 3 failed attempts (due to requiring a $40 data plan and not allowing me to have it on a family shared account since it was a "data-centric phone") I just called AT&T NBO, punched in my FAN number and the sweet young thang' who picked up the call just placed the order with no question as to data plan, no discussion of contract extensions and no discussion about having a family shared minute plan. I REALLY didn't want to migrate to Cingular.

They even let me put it on my Amex card rather then on my monthly bill. Now my wife won't see how much I paid PLUS I get the 1 year warrany extension from Amex since there are no ATT options for any type of extended warranty. When my VC phone arrives I'll sell one or the other.

$449 (+tax) and I should have it tomorrow by Fedex.
    For now: Gloat gloat Can't report till tomorrow when it (hopefully) shows up.
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray
    Well, even if one cannot order one, I am glad that there are a few out there. Now if we could just get the owners to stop gloating and start reporting, we could use the information to decide what to do when we can order.
    Quote Originally Posted by reguy
    Do you happen to know whether you can port a number from another carrier when ordering from Amazon? It's not obvious during the online ordering process, if it's there at all. Thanks.
    Yes. You do it by ordering your phone and just pick any plan you want. When you get your phone call up the carrier and tell them you want to port your number and what plan you want.

The plan you pick from Amazon is just a formality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayswj
    Yes you can do it..
    Thanks, Hayswj.
    I just switched between 3 phones I have (don't have the 650 yet) and it still shows the original phone I purchased but haven't had for over 3 months. Are you sure you didn't phone in the IMEI to activate your phone or enter it on their website? I know of no one who has swapped phones and had it change anywhere online.
    Quote Originally Posted by IT-Treo650
    How about in mmode. On the top right hand corner did it show your old phone. Cause it changes for me depending on what phone I have.
    Quote Originally Posted by reguy
    Thanks, Hayswj.
    And nyjosh.
    Quote Originally Posted by specimen38
    Treo 650 Acquisition Status

If I missed anybody forgive me.... I am going from recollection which is not so good these days.

Milo Bloom = = Has Treo 650
    jmacon = Has Treo 650
    whmurray =
    MisterEd =
    cglaguna =
    helpermonkey = Has Treo 650
    Mtreosexual =
    Boobookins =
    Tanner =
    bcaslis =
    100thMonkey =
    Hayswj = Has Treo 650
    MacUser =
    Thunder God =
    Daddyof3 =
    techjunkie =
    Barney =
    Webtoker = Has Treo 650
    Felipe =
    brightcell =
    khart214 = Has Treo 650
    specimen38 = Monday Jan 31st
    Mine's out on the delivery truck for drop off today!

Ordered on Friday. $449 through Cingular Blue
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    I just switched between 3 phones I have (don't have the 650 yet) and it still shows the original phone I purchased but haven't had for over 3 months. Are you sure you didn't phone in the IMEI to activate your phone or enter it on their website? I know of no one who has swapped phones and had it change anywhere online.
    Nope just slipped in the sim and a couple of days later it showed up
    Where would you find tracking info? All I got was an order number.
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo

Quote Originally Posted by shinoSetsuna
    ok, i bit and got on the phone today w/ Cingular business, trying to order a GSM 650... tried two different reps, both said no inventory yet and not sure when they would receive... where should i be calling to order one? anyone have a number for ATT directly..?
    Try 800-888-7600, tell me how it goes. I haven't tried calling yet. I did call Cingular before like you did and got the same response. Milo said you have to get the rep to send you to a b2b rep.
    Where would you find tracking info? All I got was an order number.
    Call up NBO and ask for the order status, they gave me the FedEx number over the phone and both the CSR and I verified it on the FedEx website
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  12.    #392  
    Scotty,

Congrats! I wish mine was on its way. I don't have B2B influence.
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo

13.    #393  
    Sell it to me. Seriously. I keep calling trying to get that person and deal you got. I don't have a foundation acct #.
    Wellllllll. Seems the 4th try was the charm. After 3 failed attempts (due to requiring a $40 data plan and not allowing me to have it on a family shared account since it was a "data-centric phone") I just called AT&T NBO, punched in my FAN number and the sweet young thang' who picked up the call just placed the order with no question as to data plan, no discussion of contract extensions and no discussion about having a family shared minute plan. I REALLY didn't want to migrate to Cingular.

They even let me put it on my Amex card rather then on my monthly bill. Now my wife won't see how much I paid PLUS I get the 1 year warrany extension from Amex since there are no ATT options for any type of extended warranty. When my VC phone arrives I'll sell one or the other.

$449 (+tax) and I should have it tomorrow by Fedex.
    Wellllllll. Seems the 4th try was the charm.
    Congrats!!
    MisterEd, Specimen & Gang, I am the proud owner of a new Treo 650 GSM. And yes, MisterEd, I paid ONLY $249 (264 after tax or shipping. Not sure which, but who cares.)

It actually arrived with my regular FedEx early this am before I arrived to the office. I immediately charged it and placed my SIM in it after the charge. I've been using it since as a phone and to surf. My Cingular Orange buddy and I got together for a quick coffee and he could not believe I had mine or the rate I paid.

He is testing the Cingular Orange branded phone. It is locked and it has a few minor problems that they were going to work out by meeting with Palm Engineers this afternoon. The main one was that they were having trouble displaying that more than one voice mail message was in the inbox, when there were several. He also said a couple of the Cingular folks on his staff were having sound buzzing issues. Apparantly those were isolated to only a couple of units, not the phone in general or the service. Finally, he admitted to me that in his opinion (after testing his for a week) this was the best data centric phone he has ever tested - and he claims to hate Palm.

Now as for my personal experience, for the couple of hours I've used it, I am getting to like it. I have yet to Sync it with my data, so it is not ready for prime time yet. I'll do that after this message. While out on the road today, I used my MMode and had trouble accessing several of my preset sites. I could not access AOL Mail nor my Go2Directory. So if anyone has any ideas here, please do tell. I did do a Google Search and it flew. I even started to log onto this message board, but I was to excited and almost lost control.

I'll post more as I get to experience it. If anyone can advise on how I can retrieve my AOL please let me know.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I think you may need to use Versamail to access it. I attended the webinar last week and someone asked about the mail clients and the response was to use Versamail if you already have an account with AOL or Yahoo but not with MSN.
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoEntertainer
    While out on the road today, I used my MMode and had trouble accessing several of my preset sites. I could not access AOL Mail nor my Go2Directory. So if anyone has any ideas here, please do tell.

Disable the proxy setting in blazer, though I don't think it matters. I had no problems either way.
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoEntertainer
    MisterEd, Specimen & Gang, I am the proud owner of a new Treo 650 GSM. And yes, MisterEd, I paid ONLY $249 (264 after tax or shipping. Not sure which, but who cares.)

It actually arrived with my regular FedEx early this am before I arrived to the office. I immediately charged it and placed my SIM in it after the charge. I've been using it since as a phone and to surf. My Cingular Orange buddy and I got together for a quick coffee and he could not believe I had mine or the rate I paid.

He is testing the Cingular Orange branded phone. It is locked and it has a few minor problems that they were going to work out by meeting with Palm Engineers this afternoon. The main one was that they were having trouble displaying that more than one voice mail message was in the inbox, when there were several. He also said a couple of the Cingular folks on his staff were having sound buzzing issues. Apparantly those were isolated to only a couple of units, not the phone in general or the service. Finally, he admitted to me that in his opinion (after testing his for a week) this was the best data centric phone he has ever tested - and he claims to hate Palm.

Now as for my personal experience, for the couple of hours I've used it, I am getting to like it. I have yet to Sync it with my data, so it is not ready for prime time yet. I'll do that after this message. While out on the road today, I used my MMode and had trouble accessing several of my preset sites. I could not access AOL Mail nor my Go2Directory. So if anyone has any ideas here, please do tell. I did do a Google Search and it flew. I even started to log onto this message board, but I was to excited and almost lost control.

I'll post more as I get to experience it. If anyone can advise on how I can retrieve my AOL please let me know.
    OK. I just had to submit a reply because I'm getting a lot anxious and a lot P^%$ off. I don't submit threads often nor reply often, mainly because I'm waiting for this stinking phone to come out! How are all these people getting the 650 and most of us have to wait. I live in Cincinnati and I go with our local phone company for my wireless (apart of the Cingular/AT&T network). I need an UNLOCKED phone and I seriously getting sick of P1 toying with my emotions. Can someone share some solid concrete news as to when the UNLOCKED P1 phone is arriving?
    I'll let you know when the VC one comes in (I got a feeling it's gonna be a while). If you haven't had any luck elsewhere by then I'm sure we can work something out. $950 sounds reasonable.

Ed

Quote Originally Posted by specimen38
    Sell it to me. Seriously. I keep calling trying to get that person and deal you got. I don't have a foundation acct #.
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    TreoEntertainer,
    Did your friend say when the rest of us might be able to purchase the Darn thing?
    Darlene

Save a life, spay or neuter your pet.