Page 17 of 63 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617181920212227 ... LastLast
    But an Ultra III INTERNAL in the 650 (even if it's rated 10x faster) may show no improvement in the Treo due to the Treo bus limitation. Someone needs to test it and find out.
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis
    I have to disagree with this. I have a Sandisk Ultra II 512MB. It's blindling faster than my previous SD cards. Tranfering an MP3 via hotsync takes a few seconds.
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Milo Bloom
    The sound is great! I have no complaints... what ever the problem the sprint users where having has been fix on the GSM version I have.

The ringer is also loud, much louder than the 600.
    FYI - I attended the PalmOne Webinar last week and asked a question about the voice problems with the CDMA 650. I got a "private answer" (E.g. it was not broadcast to everyone at the webcast) saying that the voice issues were fixed in the GSM 650 and there would be patch coming out to fix the CDMA models.
    If this has been answered I apologize. For those who have received GSM, we know that sound quality is better than CDMA, what about other issues:
    1. Long delays with dialing, button pushes, slow response?
    2. Bluetooth loudness, static and pairing problems?
    I am still waiting to order my new toy, but in the midst of excitement, I have a question for anyone that has a 650 now. If you have a bluetooth phone headset, can the mp3 player connect to it and play music through it? I know it wouldn't be the greatest sound quality in the world, and mono, but it is cool anyway. Anybody done it?
    how about abiliy to rec & use as ringtone bug fix in gsm650?
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddyof3
    I am still waiting to order my new toy, but in the midst of excitement, I have a question for anyone that has a 650 now. If you have a bluetooth phone headset, can the mp3 player connect to it and play music through it? I know it wouldn't be the greatest sound quality in the world, and mono, but it is cool anyway. Anybody done it?

I have not been able to get this to work. I posted in the software forum so maybe someone will reply.
  7.    #327  
    Great ! Report back.. I would like to know what is your experience. I am resolving everything Monday.
    Quote Originally Posted by busyman
    Specimen38,

I ordered a 650 from AT&T Thursday and it shipped out Friday. I should have it on Mon 31st. I'm expecting to get a number of them for work, so I didn't try to subvert their ordering process. I got the 600m/month (29.99) and unlim data (49.99).

I'll be putting it through its paces tomorrow and will post if I notice anything new. I'll also try out the dun hack (can't tell if anyone actually used it successfully yet).
  8.    #328  
    Me too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder God
    I will be ordering on Monday, with out a data plan
    Quote Originally Posted by specimen38
    Treo 650 Acquisition Status

If I missed anybody forgive me.... I am going from recollection which is not so good these days.

Milo Bloom = = Has Treo 650
    jmacon = Has Treo 650
    whmurray =
    MisterEd =
    cglaguna =
    helpermonkey = Has Treo 650
    Mtreosexual =
    Boobookins =
    Tanner =
    bcaslis =
    100thMonkey =
    Hayswj = Has Treo 650
    MacUser =
    Well, I've been sleeping the last 48 hours with the flu and am trying to read through all the new posts. I'm going to keep reading till I find somewhere I can get a T650 without a rip off $50 data plan. Any suggestions?

Thunder God =
    Daddyof3 =
    techjunkie =
    Barney =
    Webtoker = Has Treo 650
    Felipe =
    brightcell =
    khart214 = Has Treo 650
    specimen38 = Monday Jan 31st

If I missed anybody forgive me.... I am going from recollection which is not so good these days.

jmacon = Has Treo 650
    . . .
    I'm waiting for an unlocked GSM 650 from Vienna Channels. I'm not sure if you're including us on this list or not...
    I don't think the Treo 650 supports the necessary Bluetooth profile to make this work well. You might be able to use software hacks to get the MP3 audio to channel to a BT headset using the Handsfree profile, but it won't sound very good musically, I'd guess. There's a thread somewhere that has the technical specs on the 650 Bluetooth hardware.
    Quote Originally Posted by WirelessAndy
    How about background noise hissing? Say, if you called your voicemail and waited for the "voicemail lady" to stop talking ("Please enter your password and press #...")

Do you hear hissing like an old cassette? Or total silence?
    I just tryed that, and did not hear any noise hissing.

jmacon = Has Treo 650
    whmurray =
    MisterEd =
    cglaguna =
    helpermonkey = Has Treo 650
    Mtreosexual =
    Boobookins =
    Tanner =
    bcaslis =
    100thMonkey =
    Hayswj = Has Treo 650
    MacUser =
    Thunder God =
    Daddyof3 =
    techjunkie =
    Barney =
    Webtoker = Has Treo 650
    Felipe =
    brightcell =
    khart214 = Has Treo 650
    specimen38 = Monday Jan 31st
    I don't have one.. Was going to get one, but need Cingular Orange one... So should have one Tues. from a local manager who was able to buy 5.. Will let you know tomorrow...
    @ Dadx3

that's in BT1.2 & not supported by T650's 1.1. Sorry
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    I don't have one yet. Haven't ordered one either. I am wanting to hold out until P1 releases the unlocked version, but I am not going to wait for long.
    what is the normal time-schedule for p1 to release the GSM unlocked version? Please, excuse my first post being about unlocked gsm - noticed from lurking that this seems to be a sensitive subject - but being from canada my only option is an unlocked unit.

thanks!
    No one knows. Anytime between tomorrow and the end of eternity.
    Quote Originally Posted by K3nsai
    what is the normal time-schedule for p1 to release the GSM unlocked version? Please, excuse my first post being about unlocked gsm - noticed from lurking that this seems to be a sensitive subject - but being from canada my only option is an unlocked unit.

thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by K3nsai

thanks!
    FWIW, I called the palmOne retail store, in Boston, this past week and the woman said they expect to get unlocked versions by mid-February...I sure as hell hope she's right.
  18.    #338  
    She's right.

Think of the roll out structure like this:

The B2B is corporate release [this week].
    The Cingular consumer customers release [next 2 weeks] revised
    PalmOne domestic/international [next 2 weeks]
    Quote Originally Posted by koolio
    FWIW, I called the palmOne retail store, in Boston, this past week and the woman said they expect to get unlocked versions by mid-February...I sure as hell hope she's right.
    That's my theory, but I believe it's pretty close.
  19.    #339  
    My mistake... Your psychic vibe was so strong. I thought you had it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayswj
    I don't have one.. Was going to get one, but need Cingular Orange one... So should have one Tues. from a local manager who was able to buy 5.. Will let you know tomorrow...
    That's my theory, but I believe it's pretty close.
    Now that would kick some as* if P1 did release the unlocked 650 at the end of the month(Feb). Just in time for my vacation to Vegas!!