Page 16 of 63 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516171819202126 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Milo Bloom
    The sound is great! I have no complaints... what ever the problem the sprint users where having has been fix on the GSM version I have.
    How about background noise hissing? Say, if you called your voicemail and waited for the "voicemail lady" to stop talking ("Please enter your password and press #...")

Do you hear hissing like an old cassette? Or total silence?
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoEntertainer
    Point Three: My friend at Cingular Orange confrimed to me the new data plans. We are having lunch tomorrow, and he said he'll give me a new rate sheet (before it is released).
    The rate sheet is going to be different than the rate sheet blue already released??
    He said his "friend at Cingular Orange" not blue. Those are the plans that are supposed to change Mid-Feb. It's been posted on HoFo for a while. There's a thread there titled (I think) "New Plans Feb 14th."
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna
    The rate sheet is going to be different than the rate sheet blue already released??
    Quote Originally Posted by Milo Bloom
    The sound is great! I have no complaints... what ever the problem the sprint users where having has been fix on the GSM version I have.

The ringer is also loud, much louder than the 600.

I can confirm this. The voice is as good or better than my v600.
    Quote Originally Posted by specimen38
    Treo 650 Acquisition Status

If I missed anybody forgive me.... I am going from recollection which is not so good these days.

Milo Bloom = = Has Treo 650
    jmacon = Has Treo 650
    whmurray =
    MisterEd =
    cglaguna =
    helpermonkey = Has Treo 650
    Mtreosexual =
    Boobookins =
    Tanner =
    bcaslis =
    100thMonkey =
    Hayswj = Has Treo 650
    MacUser =
    Thunder God =
    Daddyof3 =
    techjunkie =
    Barney =
    Webtoker = Has Treo 650
    Felipe =
    brightcell =
    khart214 = Has Treo 650
    specimen38 = Monday Jan 31st
    I will be ordering on Monday, with out a data plan
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    In anticipation of my new 650, does anyone know if SD Memory Card speeds matter in these units? I see 1 gig SD Cards for $59 but they are basic no indicated speed cards. I see 40x card for a bit more $$. In the TREO 650 will it make any difference?
    I didn't see a reply to this, so I thought I'd share.

SD speed is only a factor when transfering from your PC to the card (via card reader). You will never notice the speed difference whilst using the card on your handheld. The largest file I've ever seen used is an MP3, and that is usually streamed in to the player. Your Palm (any really handheld) will only be able to tell the differences betwixt them in milliseconds or less, much less than you'd care to spend the extra $$. That is because you are only accessing a very few to 1 file(s) at a time.

Hope that helps.

P.S. I use a Tapwave Zodiac at the moment, bought a "slow" SanDisk 1GB SD, and many speeds (using a tester program) come out equal to or greater than the findings for those "fast" cards. Price, $63 on newegg.
    HS visor Deluxe (Blue) & Palm IIIx ► HS visor Prism & visorPhone ►P1 T|T & SE T68i ► Tapwave Zodiac2 & P1 Treo 650 GSM ►Treo 680 unlocked ► Sprint Pre(-)►TouchPad & Sprint FrankenPre2 VZW

I will leave Palm/webOS only after kicking, screaming and wrecking anything on my way out.

- (Sigh)... It died.
    Quote Originally Posted by s0ren
    Here's a quick question I'm sure someone knows the answer to.
    Can a Service Provider (Cingular in this case) tell what type of phone your calling to add services too? Assuming I could purchase a Treo 650 without a data plan, could I then go home call 611 and add the 19.99/month unlimited data plan?
    i know on the old tdma network they definelty could. i believe they could know now if they sold you the phone. if you buy an unlocked phone from somewhere, i believe they can not tell.
    Naveen

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    I am currently with T*Immobile, and they can see the phone I use. I know this, because it is listed on the website, and also when I had called from another phone when mine died, they said they couldn't replace my phone because it wasn't the same one I had called in with.

Don't worry, though, I fixed THAT issue with their supervisor!!! (Duh, the phone DON"T WORKY!!!)
    HS visor Deluxe (Blue) & Palm IIIx ► HS visor Prism & visorPhone ►P1 T|T & SE T68i ► Tapwave Zodiac2 & P1 Treo 650 GSM ►Treo 680 unlocked ► Sprint Pre(-)►TouchPad & Sprint FrankenPre2 VZW

I will leave Palm/webOS only after kicking, screaming and wrecking anything on my way out.

- (Sigh)... It died.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtreosexual
    But When ?
    I wish I knew
    Quote Originally Posted by thejoshuatree
    So then by the same token, if you already have Cingular orange service, and already have a data capable phone, could you call in now and add the $19.99 mediaworks package before buying the T-650? (continued from above)..............and then simply switch the SIM from your current phone to the new T-650 after purchase?
    Right now, I am on T-mobile ( contract expired). I will switch to Cingular because of EDGE ( & the corporate discount through my company), get first a data capable phone and the Mediaworks package and then get the T-650 (hopefully the unlocked version).
    And yes, simply switch the sim.

Honestly, I am tired to wait.
    I have to disagree with this. I have a Sandisk Ultra II 512MB. It's blindling faster than my previous SD cards. Tranfering an MP3 via hotsync takes a few seconds.

Any program on the Treo that scans or reads data from the SD WILL be much faster with a fast SD. On my old Treo 600, when Lightwav started up it would scan the SD for MP3 files. On old regular SD card this would take 45 seconds to a minute. On the Ultra II it took maybe 5 - 10 seconds.

Same issues if you store apps on the SD card. Launching with the Ultra II is much much faster.

I notice the faster SD card very very much. You only aren't going to see a difference if you don't access it much.

Quote Originally Posted by gbobman

SD speed is only a factor when transfering from your PC to the card (via card reader). You will never notice the speed difference whilst using the card on your handheld. The largest file I've ever seen used is an MP3, and that is usually streamed in to the player. Your Palm (any really handheld) will only be able to tell the differences betwixt them in milliseconds or less, much less than you'd care to spend the extra $$. That is because you are only accessing a very few to 1 file(s) at a time.

Hope that helps.

P.S. I use a Tapwave Zodiac at the moment, bought a "slow" SanDisk 1GB SD, and many speeds (using a tester program) come out equal to or greater than the findings for those "fast" cards. Price, $63 on newegg.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by darjay
    I just looked at my Cingular (orange) bill and I have a REALLY old plan. Got it when I got the Motorola StarTak (year 1998-9). I pay 19.95 for the Pure Dig Value 30 and 7.99 for Media Basic. I only have the phone for my convienence and use data sparingly which suits me fine.
    I am planning on buying the phone from cingular or Palm (whoever is first) with NO plan, and just pop the Sim card from my Treo 600 to the 650.

If anyone knows of any reason this will not work, please advise.
    you may need to get a new sim because of a memory or usage issue with the 650
    Naveen

Next Phone:
    I am currently with T*Immobile, and they can see the phone I use. I know this, because it is listed on the website, and also when I had called from another phone when mine died, they said they couldn't replace my phone because it wasn't the same one I had called in with.

Don't worry, though, I fixed THAT issue with their supervisor!!! (Duh, the phone DON"T WORKY!!!)
    wow, thats what you call technolgy
    Naveen

Next Phone:
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder God
    i know on the old tdma network they definelty could. i believe they could know now if they sold you the phone. if you buy an unlocked phone from somewhere, i believe they can not tell.
    What I was told is that they can But:
    1. They would have to go to one of your calls.
    2. Retrive the code form the call that reveals your phone code.
    3. Cross reference the phone code with Treo.

I was told 90% won't do that, but to be sure here is what I think I would do:

Order from, or buy from Orange, no data. Go home put new Orange sim in my samsung or whatever and call and add data. (just to make sure)
    you may need to get a new sim because of a memory or usage issue with the 650
    i hav an old sim too, and really don't think that will be an issue.

Hope that helps.

Thanks gbobman. I will go call around to get a 1 gig asap. Not that I need that much, but you never know. BTW, do you run any programs from your SD or do you just use it for data/music/photos?
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna
    i hav an old sim too, and really don't think that will be an issue.
    supoosedly the newer sim cards have more memory for phone numbers or something
    Naveen

Next Phone:
    Thanks gbobman. I will go call around to get a 1 gig asap. Not that I need that much, but you never know. BTW, do you run any programs from your SD or do you just use it for data/music/photos?
    when we download mp3 songs to our 650, do we save them to a card? also, i am new to palmone, so can i substitute my 650 as an ipod?
    Naveen

Next Phone:
    Oops, I should have read on. Bcaslis seems to have a valid point. I know that in our digital cameras the faster cards make a great difference. But only if the camera itself can address the faster card. Basically it is like a system bus speed. Anyhow, I'll look for the best $ to speed ratio and I'm willing to pay a bit more since the Treo memory might be a bit limiting. Bcaslis what speed is your Ultra II? I see the Ultra III is just hitting the street. Its much faster and will be available up to 8GB on a SD.
    when we download mp3 songs to our 650, do we save them to a card? also, i am new to palmone, so can i substitute my 650 as an ipod?
    absolutely!!!! T650 comes with RealPlayer, but alot of people prefer PTunes, Yup, on the SD card
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une mission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey