Page 15 of 63 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025 ... LastLast
    OLD OLD News.
    Quote Originally Posted by s0ren
    Ok,

Here's how I plan to go about getting a Cingular (Orange) Treo 650 with the 19.99 MEdia Works unlimited.

1) Wait until my local cingular store carries the treo 650.
    2) go in to said store and buy a different "data capable" phone with a voice plan
    3) go home, call 611 on the new phone, add MEdia Works Unlimited to the SIM.
    4) Go back to the cingular store the next day, exchange the phone I purchased for a new Treo 650, pop in my SIM
    5) Do a happy dance.

Thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by specimen38
    Treo 650 Acquisition Status

If I missed anybody forgive me.... I am going from recollection which is not so good these days.

Felipe =

unfortunately, true.

doesnt look like anytime soon either. wah wah wah.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Simply, either you got seriously lucky (which is what it seems like assuming you're not just another troll), are getting a 600, or are full o' crap. If you got lucky someone SERIOUSLY screwed up which certainly is possible. If you had a business FAN account you'd know (but I don't think your business has one with ATT unless it has 90-100 lines with ATT) and even then you'd be lucky to get one for $450 .... I for one am a consumate skeptic and it would take a lot more then what you write to convince me (not that you should care if I'm convinced or not as long as you got your 650!).

Quote Originally Posted by TreoEntertainer
    Let me try this again. I simply ordered and did not change anything at all about my account. Now, I am currently in an existing two year contract, but I did not re-up or anything else. BTW, ATT used to have a loyalty program that allowed you to replace your phone once each year (maybe two) for free up to the full value of your previous purchased phone. I always had top of the line phones but I only bought one at $299. It is possible that I am receiving that credit since I have not replaced my phone in over two years. I checked the Blue website last night and viewed my account status and with the exception of the purchase of the 650 the account is unchanged.
    So answering your questions, No Contract? NO NEW CONTRACT< I"M ALREADY IN ONE. No Data Plan? YES, I HAVE MMODE 19.99 8MB PLAN. READING ABOUT THE $25 DOLLAR UNLIMITED, I WILL TRY TO UPGRADE TO IT. No Business Preferred Discount? WELL I OWN A SMALL BUSINESS, BUT I HAVE BEEN WITH ATT (originally Cingular One) SINCE 1985. HELL I WAS THE 152 PERSON IN AMERICA WITH A CELLULAR ACCOUNT. ( I had to brag, sorry.) Cingular Blue did this? YES.
    And note that all three of those super deals coincidently came from first time posters.
    Quote Originally Posted by specimen38
    TreoEntertainer
    jmacon
    lincman

These guys have all worked good deals for themselves with Cingular ATT Blue as I understand. I will be calling 1-800-388-3235 with the hopes of getting the same deal because I am still a blue customer.

If it doesn't work out then I will call Lorraine back 800-342-3212 x6723 on the Cingular Orange. I know there is a difference in the orange and blue sim chips, but I am hoping I can eventually insert orange into blue. Thoughts anybody before 6 a.m. PST Monday?
    Better hurry up as the ->RUMOR<- is that the $19.99 mediaworks will disappear very soon (1/31?).
    Quote Originally Posted by thejoshuatree
    So then by the same token, if you already have Cingular orange service, and already have a data capable phone, could you call in now and add the $19.99 mediaworks package before buying the T-650?
    I'n the above three posts MisterEd is correct. Here are my responses to his points.
    Point one: We don't care what you think since we'll be enjoying our new 650s as you continue to be a skeptic.
    Point two: I don't know about the other two, but you're correct, I am a nubian - as for posting, but I have been following Treo Central since long before your listed join date. I only decided to speak up because I wanted to thank this group for good advice that helped me succeed in my aquisition. (My dad always taught me to speak only if I had something valuable to say.) I also wanted to share my experiences to help others as well.
    Point Three: My friend at Cingular Orange confrimed to me the new data plans. We are having lunch tomorrow, and he said he'll give me a new rate sheet (before it is released). He is also curious about how I am receiving the 650. We are both bringing our 650's (if I receive mine before lunch) to campare features. As I mentioned, he is the product manager in our area and is currently testing a 650 for this market. MisterEd, I like people like you - you keep the rest of us thinking. Keep being skeptical, you may question something we optimists miss.
    One update to the Cingular rate plans. My Cingular Orange pal did tell me the plans. I wasn't paying too much attention, but I recall a $24 ($24.95?) plan up to a $49 plan. He also mentioned corporate plans and government plans. Then he mentioned an unlimited annual plan (pay all at once) then quickly said I'd have trouble getting that, but he'd get me more details by the time we meet. He had only had the plans in his hand for a few hours and was not too interested in studying them (he deals with hardware not service or sales) until I persued it. He promised me more details and he even promised that as soon as they certified the 650 I'd be the first kid in my neighborhood with one. That was before my current 650 purchase. I may still take him up on a 'second' 650 because my wife will no doubt want one when she sees mine.
    Like I said in my first message: "(not that you should care if I'm convinced or not as long as you got your 650!)"

Quote Originally Posted by TreoEntertainer
    I'n the above three posts MisterEd is correct. Here are my responses to his points.
    Point one: We don't care what you think since we'll be enjoying our new 650s as you continue to be a skeptic.
    When I ordered my 650 from Blue b2b, he WAS going to ship me a 600 $249, even though I did say 650 twice. I am NOT going to be surprised when some the sub $300 posters in this thread get a nice new Treo 600. I bet a couple do get great b2b discounts and get a 650 for less than I did.

For the record (again), I got my 650 for $449 with no change to my contract or plans. I just got the phone, everything else is the same (per talking to my rep, and my account on the att website).

My corp account is supposed to get 45% off of the price of hardware, but "PDAs" are not included in the 45% discount per talking to 2 different reps.
    That's why this is all so weird. $249 IS the current 600 price.

I have a similar FAN deal ...... but none of the (3) reps I spoke to would sell me the phone without removing it from my "family plan" and adding data on the separate account. They also told me I had to EXTEND my contract to 1 year from date of purchase (which was only a matter of a 3 month extension).

If I had SOME idea of when Vienna Channels would ship (which would be when P1 starts selling unlocked models) I wouldn't be so antsy.

Quote Originally Posted by Milo Bloom
    When I ordered my 650 from Blue b2b, he WAS going to ship me a 600 $249, even though I did say 650 twice. I am NOT going to be surprised when some the sub $300 posters in this thread get a nice new Treo 600. I bet a couple do get great b2b discounts and get a 650 for less than I did.

For the record (again), I got my 650 for $449 with no change to my contract or plans. I just got the phone, everything else is the same (per talking to my rep, and my account on the att website).

My corp account is supposed to get 45% off of the price of hardware, but "PDAs" are not included in the 45% discount per talking to 2 different reps.
    On the Bluetooth hack front (we are still talking about the GSM 650 features, not just the cost right ). I never did get my DUN to work. I still don't think it i s a problem with the hack, it is just I am getting conflicting information when I search for a info on how to do it. I NEED to spend more time on it...
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    That's why this is all so weird. $249 IS the current 600 price.

I have a similar FAN deal ...... but none of the (3) reps I spoke to would sell me the phone without removing it from my "family plan" and adding data on the separate account. They also told me I had to EXTEND my contract to 1 year from date of purchase (which was only a matter of a 3 month extension).
    I know they should have done that for me... that is why I did not care I paid too much for the phone. I know some people are getting the phone for less them me, but I would rather have a rep do what myn did and not change a thing on my plan and pay $150 more. I already had unlimited mMode, so I am happy.

I wish I could get the 650 unlocked so I could call and get my plan moved over to Cingular Orange and get the current media works plan before they change it. It is cheaper, includes unlimited data, and has included MMS and SMS messages. The SMS and MMS app on the 650 rocks, but I don't like how much it cost me to use it right now....
    Hey Milo and anyone else who has a TREO 650 GSM in hand already..... How is the sound???? Forgive me if this has already been answered.....
    I just thought of a possible scenario of how this $249.00 650 deal could play out.
    Someone calls a rep and asks for a 650. The moron rep without a clue sees it in the system at a $450 price point and says .... geez, something is wrong here .. I KNOW the Treo should be on sale for only $249 cause it says so right here (looking and seeing a 600 price). He pushes a few buttons and sells it for $249.

It's quite obvious from the majority of posts here and virtually all on HoFo that if people who work for companies with huge FAN accounts are paying $450, and the couple B2B reps on HoFo confirm that is the price (give or take a bit) .... that getting one for $249 is an anomoly or a error on the part of the rep. Hey .. if you can do it, all the power to you. I definately AM jealous (and skeptical).

Quote Originally Posted by Milo Bloom

The sound is great! I have no complaints... what ever the problem the sprint users where having has been fix on the GSM version I have.

The ringer is also loud, much louder than the 600.
    I can confirm what Mr. Ed is saying: even for large corporate accounts, we can't get the 45% off discount. $449 is the price. Maybe I fell into a similar anomoly as Treo Entertainer... but I would push on the phone for additional discounts. Like I said, I am getting $100 off because of unlimited data and voiceplan >$40. Hope to have mine on Tuesday (ordered late on Friday, ship on Monday). Good luck all!
    Milo I think we should start another thread calling it "unlocking your GSM650".
    This thread has digressed into data plans, orange and blues *blues* .

We will unlock the GSMs with or without Palm.
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    I just looked at my Cingular (orange) bill and I have a REALLY old plan. Got it when I got the Motorola StarTak (year 1998-9). I pay 19.95 for the Pure Dig Value 30 and 7.99 for Media Basic. I only have the phone for my convienence and use data sparingly which suits me fine.
    I am planning on buying the phone from cingular or Palm (whoever is first) with NO plan, and just pop the Sim card from my Treo 600 to the 650.

If anyone knows of any reason this will not work, please advise.
    Darlene

Save a life, spay or neuter your pet.
    S-38 NO-650 yet.

Wow, I have been behind in my reading, you guys are quick. I have been very busy.

My Status:
    Talked to Blue B2B a few times, he gave me Gov't pricing. 15% of their plans but same discount on 650 $449. Data discounted but still $44 unlimited. They still could not beat my existing plan, 1050 minutes for $49 + $20 data.

I am going to be patient and hold out for Cingular Orange though. I have a wonderful resource there, and for me that can't be beat. I have MEdia works already.

My Plan: I have, let's say, several GSM phones on the way via VC. I am going to merge my existing Cing-o, T-Maybe, & SpungPCS into one family plan account under Cing-O.
    If Cing-O releases and VC doesn't, I will buy one from Cing-O, do Sim switcharo, and decide what to do when the VC finally ships.

The word from my resource is that Cing-O will release on the first, we will see.
    Last edited by cglaguna; 01/30/2005 at 01:39 PM.
    Specimen38,

I ordered a 650 from AT&T Thursday and it shipped out Friday. I should have it on Mon 31st. I'm expecting to get a number of them for work, so I didn't try to subvert their ordering process. I got the 600m/month (29.99) and unlim data (49.99).

I'll be putting it through its paces tomorrow and will post if I notice anything new. I'll also try out the dun hack (can't tell if anyone actually used it successfully yet).