Page 14 of 63 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 280 of 1254
  1. #261  
    LEGALLY? There are no laws governing what they can or can't require you to purchase. That's ridiculous. They obviously can't tack it on to your bill AFTER THE FACT without telling you. There's probably some law against that. If they require data, that's their choice. It's a business, they can sell you what they want or you have the option not do business with them. In fact, they don't have to even let you in their stores if they don't want to. (I don't mean "YOU" personally but the "generic" you).

    Data "capable" phones aren't the issue because the majority of phones today will do data, it's data "centric" phones (basically PDA type devices like the Treo or SX66). They all have their own policies. Problem is, if you call them, no one REALLY knows what the policy is.

    Quote Originally Posted by TonyH
    I don't think they can, legally, force you to sign up for a data plan. I've had several data capable phones on Cingular and Verizon with no data plans.
  2.    #262  
    I am relieved to hear that you are a real person. Unfortunately, none of us will ever get your deal since you have a company FAN number.

    I think I am going to take the $549.00 plunge to Treo 650 orange and be finish it. The subsidy is only $100.00. I went to get an EDGE capable phone today and got derailed by a young CSR that remembered me from a previous trip to the Cingular store. I had promised him I would buy a phone from him. Poor fella' I did not have the heart to tell him I had made other plans. So I did the 'Snagglepuss' routine "exit stage right." So Monday, everything will be ordered and resolved.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmacon
    No trollin here! I called 1-800-388-3235 and gave my company's FAN number to the girl who answered... Honestly, I don't have her name, and she didn't sound that bright. I've got my confirmation order number. And frankly, I posted to see if this sounded too good to be true. I'll go ballistic on Blue if they don't honor this. I thought that maybe others could ask for it too...

    And yes, you would loose your savings rather quickly, but for those of us on expense accounts, I have to pay for hardware, not monthly fees, so it's my cash.

    Good luck everyone.
    jmw
  3. #263  
    Quote Originally Posted by specimen38
    Lincman post her contact info. Heck... Let me buy one from her at $249.00 before someone else catches on. Same with you TreoEntertainer. It's okay to Private message me as well. Curious, curious, curious... with $249.00 burning in my pocket.

    Sorry for the delayed response, I am an entertainer and I pulled a double - 1 BarMitzvah and 1 Wedding today. Anyhow, Specimen, I did not have to do anything to my contract or service. Yes the National Business Accounts sales rep did tell me I had to get a Data Plan and then add a voice plan, but I told him that that was not true since all I wanted to do was combine my Palm and phone, two devices I already carry, into a single device. I told him that data did not concern me.

    BTW an update to my previous listing. I called FEDEX this morning (saturday) my Treo is in town for Monday delivery. I can not pick it up until a delivery attempt is made or Cingular (blue) authorizes a hold for pick up.
    I did call the Cingular CSR to confirm that I was infact getting a Treo 650 and that the sales rep did not send me a 600, and yes I am to receive a 650! Now I have to suffer a second day knowing my Treo is only a few miles away in a FedEx warehouse waiting to come home to daddy.
  4.    #264  
    Treo 650 Acquisition Status

    If I missed anybody forgive me.... I am going from recollection which is not so good these days.

    Milo Bloom = = Has Treo 650
    jmacon = Has Treo 650
    whmurray =
    MisterEd =
    cglaguna =
    helpermonkey = Has Treo 650
    Mtreosexual =
    Boobookins =
    Tanner =
    bcaslis =
    100thMonkey =
    Hayswj = Has Treo 650
    MacUser =
    Thunder God =
    Daddyof3 =
    techjunkie =
    Barney =
    Webtoker = Has Treo 650
    Felipe =
    brightcell =
    khart214 = Has Treo 650
    specimen38 = Monday Jan 31st
  5.    #265  
    Did you get the 650 for $249.00? With no contract? No data plan? No business preferred discount? Cingular Blue did this?
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoEntertainer
    Sorry for the delayed response, I am an entertainer and I pulled a double - 1 BarMitzvah and 1 Wedding today. Anyhow, Specimen, I did not have to do anything to my contract or service. Yes the National Business Accounts sales rep did tell me I had to get a Data Plan and then add a voice plan, but I told him that that was not true since all I wanted to do was combine my Palm and phone, two devices I already carry, into a single device. I told him that data did not concern me.

    BTW an update to my previous listing. I called FEDEX this morning (saturday) my Treo is in town for Monday delivery. I can not pick it up until a delivery attempt is made or Cingular (blue) authorizes a hold for pick up.
    I did call the Cingular CSR to confirm that I was infact getting a Treo 650 and that the sales rep did not send me a 600, and yes I am to receive a 650! Now I have to suffer a second day knowing my Treo is only a few miles away in a FedEx warehouse waiting to come home to daddy.
  6. #266  
    Ok,

    Here's how I plan to go about getting a Cingular (Orange) Treo 650 with the 19.99 MEdia Works unlimited.

    1) Wait until my local cingular store carries the treo 650.
    2) go in to said store and buy a different "data capable" phone with a voice plan
    3) go home, call 611 on the new phone, add MEdia Works Unlimited to the SIM.
    4) Go back to the cingular store the next day, exchange the phone I purchased for a new Treo 650, pop in my SIM
    5) Do a happy dance.

    Thoughts?
  7. #267  
    I just purchased my AT&T treo 650 for $249 and i refused the data plan. I have a tracking number for delivery on 1/31. My wife is on nextel and wants a palm with a keyboard and i may just order another one.
  8. #268  
    Quote Originally Posted by specimen38
    Did you get the 650 for $249.00? With no contract? No data plan? No business preferred discount? Cingular Blue did this?
    Let me try this again. I simply ordered and did not change anything at all about my account. Now, I am currently in an existing two year contract, but I did not re-up or anything else. BTW, ATT used to have a loyalty program that allowed you to replace your phone once each year (maybe two) for free up to the full value of your previous purchased phone. I always had top of the line phones but I only bought one at $299. It is possible that I am receiving that credit since I have not replaced my phone in over two years. I checked the Blue website last night and viewed my account status and with the exception of the purchase of the 650 the account is unchanged.
    So answering your questions, No Contract? NO NEW CONTRACT< I"M ALREADY IN ONE. No Data Plan? YES, I HAVE MMODE 19.99 8MB PLAN. READING ABOUT THE $25 DOLLAR UNLIMITED, I WILL TRY TO UPGRADE TO IT. No Business Preferred Discount? WELL I OWN A SMALL BUSINESS, BUT I HAVE BEEN WITH ATT (originally Cingular One) SINCE 1985. HELL I WAS THE 152 PERSON IN AMERICA WITH A CELLULAR ACCOUNT. ( I had to brag, sorry.) Cingular Blue did this? YES.
  9. #269  
    In anticipation of my new 650, does anyone know if SD Memory Card speeds matter in these units? I see 1 gig SD Cards for $59 but they are basic no indicated speed cards. I see 40x card for a bit more $$. In the TREO 650 will it make any difference?
  10. #270  
    Quote Originally Posted by specimen38
    Treo 650 Acquisition Status

    If I missed anybody forgive me.... I am going from recollection which is not so good these days.
    I hope P1 releases the unlocked 650 at the same time. I figure if I don't like it I can turn around and sell it on ebay.
  11. #271  
    Here's a quick question I'm sure someone knows the answer to.
    Can a Service Provider (Cingular in this case) tell what type of phone your calling to add services too? Assuming I could purchase a Treo 650 without a data plan, could I then go home call 611 and add the 19.99/month unlimited data plan?
  12. #272  
    I don't have one yet. Haven't ordered one either. I am wanting to hold out until P1 releases the unlocked version, but I am not going to wait for long.
  13. #273  
    Quote Originally Posted by s0ren
    Ok,

    Here's how I plan to go about getting a Cingular (Orange) Treo 650 with the 19.99 MEdia Works unlimited.

    1) Wait until my local cingular store carries the treo 650.
    2) go in to said store and buy a different "data capable" phone with a voice plan
    3) go home, call 611 on the new phone, add MEdia Works Unlimited to the SIM.
    4) Go back to the cingular store the next day, exchange the phone I purchased for a new Treo 650, pop in my SIM
    5) Do a happy dance.

    Thoughts?
    Then, you may have to pay full price for the 650, no ?
    If so, why not getting the unlocked version ?
    That's my plan !
  14. #274  
    Quote Originally Posted by s0ren
    Here's a quick question I'm sure someone knows the answer to.
    Can a Service Provider (Cingular in this case) tell what type of phone your calling to add services too? Assuming I could purchase a Treo 650 without a data plan, could I then go home call 611 and add the 19.99/month unlimited data plan?
    Not sure but this data plan thing is really BS if you ask me !
    On Cingular's website, you can get the 600 with MediaWorks, why is that then ?
    Isn't the 600 a PDA ?

    Screw them, I am getting a cheap phone, add MediaWorks and then will switch the SIM in my Cingular 650 or unlocked version.

    FYI, I am on T-Mo and tried an unlocked 600 for awhile (sold it after) with my SIM and was fine using my t-zones plan that I got for my cell.... so I don't think they control neither care about it.
  15. #275  
    Quote Originally Posted by brightcell
    Then, you may have to pay full price for the 650, no ?
    If so, why not getting the unlocked version ?
    That's my plan !

    But When ?
  16. #276  
    Quote Originally Posted by brightcell
    Then, you may have to pay full price for the 650, no ?
    If so, why not getting the unlocked version ?
    That's my plan !

    So then by the same token, if you already have Cingular orange service, and already have a data capable phone, could you call in now and add the $19.99 mediaworks package before buying the T-650?
  17. #277  
    (continued from above)..............and then simply switch the SIM from your current phone to the new T-650 after purchase?
  18.    #278  
    Okay... You have given me the complete picture. Thanks so much. Much appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoEntertainer
    Let me try this again. I simply ordered and did not change anything at all about my account. Now, I am currently in an existing two year contract, but I did not re-up or anything else. BTW, ATT used to have a loyalty program that allowed you to replace your phone once each year (maybe two) for free up to the full value of your previous purchased phone. I always had top of the line phones but I only bought one at $299. It is possible that I am receiving that credit since I have not replaced my phone in over two years. I checked the Blue website last night and viewed my account status and with the exception of the purchase of the 650 the account is unchanged.
    So answering your questions, No Contract? NO NEW CONTRACT< I"M ALREADY IN ONE. No Data Plan? YES, I HAVE MMODE 19.99 8MB PLAN. READING ABOUT THE $25 DOLLAR UNLIMITED, I WILL TRY TO UPGRADE TO IT. No Business Preferred Discount? WELL I OWN A SMALL BUSINESS, BUT I HAVE BEEN WITH ATT (originally Cingular One) SINCE 1985. HELL I WAS THE 152 PERSON IN AMERICA WITH A CELLULAR ACCOUNT. ( I had to brag, sorry.) Cingular Blue did this? YES.
  19.    #279  
    Great plan... My plan is very similar. Except for the happy dance. I might add doing a happy dance to my plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by s0ren
    Ok,

    Here's how I plan to go about getting a Cingular (Orange) Treo 650 with the 19.99 MEdia Works unlimited.

    1) Wait until my local cingular store carries the treo 650.
    2) go in to said store and buy a different "data capable" phone with a voice plan
    3) go home, call 611 on the new phone, add MEdia Works Unlimited to the SIM.
    4) Go back to the cingular store the next day, exchange the phone I purchased for a new Treo 650, pop in my SIM
    5) Do a happy dance.

    Thoughts?
  20.    #280  
    TreoEntertainer
    jmacon
    lincman

    These guys have all worked good deals for themselves with Cingular ATT Blue as I understand. I will be calling 1-800-388-3235 with the hopes of getting the same deal because I am still a blue customer.

    If it doesn't work out then I will call Lorraine back 800-342-3212 x6723 on the Cingular Orange. I know there is a difference in the orange and blue sim chips, but I am hoping I can eventually insert orange into blue. Thoughts anybody before 6 a.m. PST Monday?

Posting Permissions