Page 12 of 63 FirstFirst ... 278910111213141516172262 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by soccrnj80
    you can get a cheap at&T phone and add the serivce and pop in the sim into your 650, they won't know which phone your using, just tell them it's an inexpesive phone you just got and want to add it, then pop it in your 650
    You've hit my point exactly. I'd do what you say (try to go to GSM within ATT, unlimited mMode) if I can't do the equivalent with Cingular and mediaworks. I'm assuming I could still get the GSM phone from them--without being forced to migrate to orange. I've been on the digital one-rate plan for years but no longer really need the analog coverage (rural travel). And I *really* want that 650.

Love the concept of a small, cheap phone for when I don't want to carry the 650, too. (Nothing new to you SIM old-timers.)
  2.    #222  
    Anybody here have any trouble with Cingular's 30-day return policy? I would like to see the fine print. I am thinking of upgrading to an EDGE capable phone w/MediaWorks and returning it when the Treo 650 comes out under the 30 day plan. Thoughts anybody?

Some of you who have talked with B2B reps will note that they are aggressively trying to sell new service versus upgrading services.
  3.    #223  
    All I know is Blue. Orange is confusing. Blue was better from a customer service stand point.

However, I capitulate.....Orange has won and enveloped us. But note my post. The woman who called me was not from Blue. she was from Orange.

Nonetheless, it is duly noted that you want a data plan that allows you to remain unconsicous.
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna
    Well l will look at my usage which i consider moderate......... Well That would not work for me. I just looked and I am between 8 and 17 a month. I have two email accounts and browse regularly and im medium..

I am going to stick orange and use MEdia works as long as I can, I am not going to go Blue.
  4.    #224  
    Right... This plan lends itself to liability.
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    You'll be paying the $20.00 extra before the month is out in overages. 10mb is nothing if you do any sort of regular email or web. If you check email once a day and rarely ever surf it might work.
    Spoke with my Cingular B2B rep today. He said that they were instructed to take orders on Monday. He said they should have them in stock ready to ship on Monday when they start taking orders.
  6.    #226  
    asantana,

They (B2B reps) were taking orders today. What is your plan? Most of us are experiencing sticker shock on the data plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by asantana
    Spoke with my Cingular B2B rep today. He said that they were instructed to take orders on Monday. He said they should have them in stock ready to ship on Monday when they start taking orders.
    Quote Originally Posted by specimen38
    asantana,

They (B2B reps) were taking orders today. What is your plan? Most of us are experiencing sticker shock on the data plan.
    Well, I gave him my info and he said that he was putting in my order first thing Monday morning. Ordering only the phone with no service or contract. He did not insist on a new data plan pricing. He did not mention pricing for the phone, he was going to get back to me on Monday morning. I'm currently a Treo 600 user with Media Works at $19.99.
  8.    #228  
    Good... I hope you don't get tangled like we are here trying to strategize. We are in major reactive mode after months of discussion about the 650.
    Quote Originally Posted by asantana
    Well, I gave him my info and he said that he was putting in my order first thing Monday morning. Ordering only the phone with no service or contract. He did not insist on a new data plan pricing. He did not mention pricing for the phone, he was going to get back to me on Monday morning. I'm currently a Treo 600 user with Media Works at $19.99.
    Quote Originally Posted by webtoker
    She told you about the 600 :-)
    Thanks Fellow Tronauts
    After following yesterdays posts in this group, first thing this am I dialed 611. After navigating the prompts, I was connected to equipment sales, I simply asked for National Business Sales dept. and after about a 5 min hold, was connected. I told them I received word that I could purchase the Treo 650. I was told I could, and that with my account I would only pay $249 - for the Treo 650. I even asked if he had tried the phone, he said no but his supervisor had and bragged about bluetooth. He did try to sell me a new data plan then add voice, I simply said I did not want data, I only wanted to merge the two devices I already carry into one, but thanks. So he said that it was ok, and finished the order. I received my order number and a Fedex Tracking #. Too bad tomorrow is Saturday - no Fedex Standard on Saturday - I asked about Saturday delivery option and he said no way. So now I'm gonna call FedEx in the morning and ask if I can pick it up. To quote an anthem from my generation: I'm So Excited! I Just Can't Hide It!
    Early last week I was speaking with a friend of mine who is the area equipment manager for Cingular. He jsut received the new 650 and was testing it in the area. He told me two things that I found interesting, 1: Cingular is not planning to stock the phones in theri stores until mid February. He said 14 days after its release. Then he mentioned that the former ATT division is now in charge of the Data service. He claims their data technology and service was superior and would be rolled out over Orange as it is over Blue. He did not say that MMode would be it, only that ATT had a better data backbone and its technology and personnel would be responsible for delivering it to all of Cingular (Orange and Blue).
  11.    #231  
    TreoEntertainer,

I am curious about a few things. Did you have add or establish a new line of service? Did you buy the Treo with/with out a new contract? or no contract? Was your original service throught B2B? Thanks, I look forward to your response.
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoEntertainer
    Thanks Fellow Tronauts
    After following yesterdays posts in this group, first thing this am I dialed 611. After navigating the prompts, I was connected to equipment sales, I simply asked for National Business Sales dept. and after about a 5 min hold, was connected. I told them I received word that I could purchase the Treo 650. I was told I could, and that with my account I would only pay $249 - for the Treo 650. I even asked if he had tried the phone, he said no but his supervisor had and bragged about bluetooth. He did try to sell me a new data plan then add voice, I simply said I did not want data, I only wanted to merge the two devices I already carry into one, but thanks. So he said that it was ok, and finished the order. I received my order number and a Fedex Tracking #. Too bad tomorrow is Saturday - no Fedex Standard on Saturday - I asked about Saturday delivery option and he said no way. So now I'm gonna call FedEx in the morning and ask if I can pick it up. To quote an anthem from my generation: I'm So Excited! I Just Can't Hide It!
  12.    #232  
    Lincman post her contact info. Heck... Let me buy one from her at $249.00 before someone else catches on. Same with you TreoEntertainer. It's okay to Private message me as well. Curious, curious, curious... with $249.00 burning in my pocket.
    Quote Originally Posted by lincman
    That's what I thought, BUT I asked 3 times and she said 650. Is it possible that they have some stash that they want to get rid of?
    Cingular's return policy is excellent. If you buy from a STORE it's a snap. Problem is, when buying online, is getting your money credited back quickly. If you buy and return through a store it's a breeze. Refund/exchange on the spot w/no questions asked. If you purchase "by phone/web" it's no problem with them taking it back but the HASSLES are well documented. The 2 main problems are making multiple calls to get a return form and once you send the item back it could take forever (and many more phone calls) to get your account credited.

Trick is, make your initial purchase in the store so you can easily return it once the 650 comes in from your web order.

Anybody here have any trouble with Cingular's 30-day return policy? I would like to see the fine print. I am thinking of upgrading to an EDGE capable phone w/MediaWorks and returning it when the Treo 650 comes out under the 30 day plan. Thoughts anybody?

Some of you who have talked with B2B reps will note that they are aggressively trying to sell new service versus upgrading services.
    Unless your company has some sort of deal with them for 60% discounts (which is very very slightly possible) either:

You're getting a 600 (40%)
    Or you're a full of sh1t troll (60%) (http://members.aol.com/intwg/trolls.htm)

If you have no company discounts and just made a "cold call" I'd go with the troll guess. 1st post, super deal ..... if it smells like fish it usually is.

Quote Originally Posted by TreoEntertainer
    Thanks Fellow Tronauts
  15.    #235  
    That will be the plan. I will have to buy an EDGE enabled phone today with MediaWorks.
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    Cingular's return policy is excellent. If you buy from a STORE it's a snap. Problem is, when buying online, is getting your money credited back quickly. If you buy and return through a store it's a breeze. Refund/exchange on the spot w/no questions asked. If you purchase "by phone/web" it's no problem with them taking it back but the HASSLES are well documented. The 2 main problems are making multiple calls to get a return form and once you send the item back it could take forever (and many more phone calls) to get your account credited.

Trick is, make your initial purchase in the store so you can easily return it once the 650 comes in from your web order.
    As long as you plan on returning it anyway, try out the Nokia 6620 (there aren't too many choices anyway (BTW, do you ever sleep?) It's size is closer to the 650 then the others.
    That will be the plan. I will have to buy an EDGE enabled phone today with MediaWorks.
    what a nightmare.... orange..blue...$40 a month for data.. wonder how many of u cing folks now kick yourself for not going over to sprint. only reason not too is if you travel outside usa...i dont..so my sprint 650 w/$15 unlimited vision is awesome. even if u guys get your 650 for $250.. u still paying way more after a year because of the high $ plans for data. good luck...& I hope vware gets his soon so we can have callfilter again!
    I do have a ? for those who got their gsm.... how's the loudness w/bt headsets & does the mute trick work/needed?
    This sounds like a great plan. -
    1)Anyone have any suggestions on which Cingular phone would be a good choice? I'd want a free or cheap one that might be a good backup phone for times that I didn't want to risk carrying the Treo.
    2)Can anyone say for sure when the unlocked/unbranded ones will be available from P1 (or elsewhere)...because the other part of the plan would be to be able to switch the SIM from the free/cheap phone into the Treo WITHIN THE 30 DAY TRIAL ...then, if I'm happy, stay with Cingular and the $20 medai works paln...or, if I'm not, pop in my Tmo SIM and return the Cingular phone/cancel the plan within 30 days.
    3)The advantage of this to me is getting to try the Cingular/ATT 850 band in my area (Metro Detroit) and see if I get any better coverage than with TMo which is only 1900...if I understand this right???
    4)The further advantage is if the free phone has no camera...I'm a designer, so sometimes I'm in areas that do not allow cameras.

Would love to hear everyones input on this.
    Treo 650 GSM Unlocked-TMobile
    1) If you buy online they have the Sony Ericsson T637 (bluetooth, camera) for FREE w/2yr contract. They have the T237(?) with no BT or camera for free as well. Can't beat the 637 phone - especially for free. In their stores it's like $69 AFTER rebate. It's also unlockable & upgradeable & unbrandable with a $15 USB dongle.

2) That's the $3,000,000 question. Anytime between Tuesday and next Christmas depending on who you ask.

Quote Originally Posted by paris
    This sounds like a great plan. -
    1)Anyone have any suggestions on which Cingular phone would be a good choice? I'd want a free or cheap one that might be a good backup phone for times that I didn't want to risk carrying the Treo.
    2)Can anyone say for sure when the unlocked/unbranded ones will be available from P1 (or elsewhere)...because the other part of the plan would be to be able to switch the SIM from the free/cheap phone into the Treo WITHIN THE 30 DAY TRIAL ...then, if I'm happy, stay with Cingular and the $20 medai works paln...or, if I'm not, pop in my Tmo SIM and return the Cingular phone/cancel the plan within 30 days.
    3)The advantage of this to me is getting to try the Cingular/ATT 850 band in my area (Metro Detroit) and see if I get any better coverage than with TMo which is only 1900...if I understand this right???
    4)The further advantage is if the free phone has no camera...I'm a designer, so sometimes I'm in areas that do not allow cameras.

Would love to hear everyones input on this.
    How is the RF. Any of you guys that have a GSM 650, and previously had a GSM 600, can you comment on how the RF performance is on the 650. Thanks.
    Carl