Page 10 of 63 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314152060 ... LastLast
    actually, you don't need a backup, once you delete the new one from ram, the one in rom will take over...
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingteddy
    An excellent choice to make a backup copy always.
    By the way, did you get ATT branded treo 650 or
    Cingular branded Treo 650?

Thank you
    It was from AT&T, but had the Cingular boot up screen, and no branding on the outside of the phone. See attached.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis
    So this screenshot is from your GSM 650? You see the agps symbol also? I noticed you have the GPRS data triangle. The GSM Treo 600 and the CDMA Treo 650 show little green or grey arrows for data. Do you ever see these or only the normal GPRS triangle? Is there any way for you to tell is it's using EDGE or not?
    I have done speed test and they are much faster than GPRS (between 140k and 120K), so I am sure I am on Edge, but don't know how to tell for sure.

I do see the green data arrows when I am using data.
    Quote Originally Posted by webtoker
    The AT&T treo650 I got, had no branding on the case. It does have Cingular logos when you turn it on.
    Yeah, I thought so. It seems that nobody has one from Cingular yet.
    I just talked to B2B rep and himself was wondering why Cingular Treo 650
    is not in stock. He did say it should've been in stock yesterday.
    Oh well.....

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Milo Bloom
    It was from AT&T, but had the Cingular boot up screen, and no branding on the outside of the phone. See attached.
    Hmmmm, I wonder if cingular sim card will work on your model?
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis
    So this screenshot is from your GSM 650? You see the agps symbol also? I noticed you have the GPRS data triangle. The GSM Treo 600 and the CDMA Treo 650 show little green or grey arrows for data. Do you ever see these or only the normal GPRS triangle? Is there any way for you to tell is it's using EDGE or not?
    I've got green arrows...

Don't know if it shows wether you are on EDGE or not visually, I don't see anything. Maybe it would if I was on a GPRS only network though. If you are on an EDGE network, you should be using EDGE for the most part.
    It does not, it is posted a couple of pages back.
    he's already tried a cingular sim and it didn't work. it's definitely locked to at&t. but he's sent shadow the phone app files and i think is in the process of attempting to circumvent it.
    Nokia 3585 > Moto i60c > Moto i90c > SK Color > Nokia 6820 > Nokia 6230 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > BB 7100 > BB 7105 > BB Pearl > Treo 755p > Treo 800w
    People please at least make some sort of effort to read the thread or even search it before asking the same questions that have already been answered - several times in many cases.
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    You folks have made me register in anticipation of purchasing one.

Shadowmite, you just may save me $150.
    Ok, hopefully these CSR's are wrong. I'm being told (again and again) that the unlimited data plan for the 650 on AT&T and Cingular is gonna be $49.99/month

Can anyone debunk this?
    Quote Originally Posted by s0ren
    Ok, hopefully these CSR's are wrong. I'm being told (again and again) that the unlimited data plan for the 650 on AT&T and Cingular is gonna be $49.99/month

Can anyone debunk this?
    it's what they're being "trained" to tell customers, that is all. you could very well use the standard $19.99 unlimited medianet package and still retain all the features of the $49.99 pda date plan, plus get email and sms/mms. you just have to do a little finagling.
    Nokia 3585 > Moto i60c > Moto i90c > SK Color > Nokia 6820 > Nokia 6230 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > BB 7100 > BB 7105 > BB Pearl > Treo 755p > Treo 800w
    Quote Originally Posted by s0ren

Can anyone debunk this?
    I don't know how it is working on blue, but buy the phone no data, go home or to someone who you know has a regular phone put the sim in it call CIngular and order MEdia Works. Yes there data plans are $50.00 Treo. My Blue rep told me the would be changing soon, this is another case of speculation.
    Ordering now, current Blue customer with unlimited mMode..think the CSRs doing a phone only order...
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    http://shadowmite.com/p-f.html

Can someone let me know if the new GSM splash screen there works properly and gives you all the menus? Hmm, I might have to play with it... compare before and after and let me know...
    Quote Originally Posted by gbobman
    You folks have made me register in anticipation of purchasing one.

Shadowmite, you just may save me $150.
    I finally broke down and registered, too. As you can see from my avatar, my current Treo is very sad.

Thank you very much in advance, Shadowmite; I know I will be using some of your wonderful hacks.
    ooooh, look at the shiny Copper Treo 680
    Once ENS is available will it not look for a tower that isn't as busy (to reduce network loading) as well as one that is stronger (if neither are busy). At any one time BOTH might not be possible, but in an ideal condition wouldn't that be how it works? Everything I have read had said that. Maybe I misunderstood. What else would "ENS will reduce network loading" mean other then looking for a tower that isn't "overloaded" (busy). OK .. maybe the PHONE wouldn't look for the less busy tower, maybe the TOWER would lock out the phone if it was busy. I'll go along with that.

Quote Originally Posted by helpermonkey
    Sure is, but with one difference. You said "If the phone was ENS compatible (the 650 is NOT AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK) $EVENTUALLY$ ($not$ $yet$) $when$ $the$ $network$ $is$ $complete$ $it$ $will$ $search$ $for$ $the$ $strongest$ $tower$ (as well as look for one that isn't as busy)."

I was the looking for one that isn't as busy part I don't agree with. The phone doesn't know if the site is busy or not and there is no way for it to know - short of the site broadcasting that on the BCCH channel, but then that is not part of the GSM spec...

So you see what I mean? Hopefully we are not just missunderstanding each other every time.
  18.    #198  
    cglaguna,

Call Lorraine 800-342-3212 x6723. She called me today from Cingular Orange and offerred me a 10MB/29.99 data plan. Otherwise, unlimited was 49.99. What do you think?
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna
    I don't know how it is working on blue, but buy the phone no data, go home or to someone who you know has a regular phone put the sim in it call CIngular and order MEdia Works. Yes there data plans are $50.00 Treo. My Blue rep told me the would be changing soon, this is another case of speculation.
  19.    #199  
    Moderator ToolKit,

What will TreoCentral be selling the GSM Treo 650 for? When will it be released here?
    Quote Originally Posted by webtoker
    So far here are some pics. Sorry, I took them with my v600 so they are very low res.

I moved my SIM from my v600 into the Treo 650. The web works great.
    My SIM has unlimited mMode on it. This is $25 a month through At&t. I know it is cheaper with Cingular but I am not wanting to change over just yet.

I will post with how well the device acts through out the day. I did demo a Sprint Treo 650, so I have something to compare it to. One thing I already notice is I like the color of the GSM model over the Sprint.

Firmware: 0.1.04
    Software: Treo650-1.02-CNB
    Hardware: A
    what else came in the box? also, is the sofware a attws version or cingular version? more pictures please
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.