Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Ok this is really annoying .. the contact manager in the T650 is HORRIBLE !! It can take me a full minute to scroll down to the right number and hit dial

I installed BC and it was Great !! but .. (theres always a but) it doesnt seem to "replace" the built in contacts, when in my phone app and i click contacts it still brings up the horrid contacts and i cant dial from BC.

Is there ANY contact app i can install that will rid me of the pain of using palm's contacts from hell app ? I seriously can't imagine anyone using the built in contacts it is absolutely horrendous.
    I had also been wondering this myself. I have been a long-time user of SuperNames from StandAlone on my prior PDA only devices, but haven't tried it out on the Treo 650. One of my friends that has had a Treo 600 for over a year said to stick with the built-in app.

I'm also rather fond of the way that you can add a photo to contacts on PalmOS 5.4 ... I would be shocked to find a third party app that had that functionality.

With as well as the Treo 650 jumps to entries when entering just a few characters of first or last name ... I would be able to definitely work without some of the features that I've been used to in the past. Although I'm always open to suggestions.
    Palm Pro -> Palm IIIx -> HandSpring Visor Deluxe -> HandSpring Visor Prism -> Tapwave Zodiac 2 (don't use much) | Treo 650 | Palm LifeDrive (returned)
    Quote Originally Posted by YonksMan
    I'm also rather fond of the way that you can add a photo to contacts on PalmOS 5.4 ... I would be shocked to find a third party app that had that functionality.
    Agendus will do this.

As to using a 3rd party app to replace the default Phone contact, I don't of anything. Agendus will dial from the program itself though.

I thought BC did this as well.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  4.    #4  
    You actually like the built in contacts ? it is a plain jane apperance taking up about 4 lines of screen to show a name and phone number .. it is absolutely horid, using any decent contact manager i could put 20 names and numbers on the screen where this piece of crap can maybe get 5. With most softwares i wouldn't HAVE to scroll to find my contacts as i could fit them on one screen .. I thinkt hat is what irks me most there are no real view options you can't change how the cruddy information is displayed to you, you are forced to use the cruddy interface.
    Quote Originally Posted by riekl
    You actually like the built in contacts ?
    Ummm...if I like the default Contacts program, I wouldn't be using Agendus. Where did you read that I liked it?

edit: Nevermind, it seems it was directed at Yonksman. DOH!!

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Agendus looks pretty nice, but I was checkin out that other thread that said there are a lot of soft resets with the latest agendus installed? What's the status of that -- gotten any better?
    My soft resets (and most others it seems) was from Agendus Mail. Seemed to puke whenever a text message came in. (Agendus Mail hijacks the SMS program.)

Delete Agendus Mail if you have problems and you're fine.

W/O agendus mail installed, does the agendus contacts portion still interact with the built in SMS program (and whatever email software you're using)?
    Quote Originally Posted by Joebar99
    W/O agendus mail installed, does the agendus contacts portion still interact with the built in SMS program (and whatever email software you're using)?
    No, the only thing that takes over SMS application is Mail. And yes, Agendus Mail would take over Versamail, Snapper, whatever on installation. You can manually switch it over, but you may or may not solve the SMS soft resets.

Agendus Standard, (or Pro with the mail app deleted) works fine.

Thx for the info Insertion...... one more question --

On their comparison matrix in the "contacts" area, they have "Send Email/SMS" checked for Pro but not for Standard. Does this mean you cant send email or sms from the agendus contact page with the std. version?
    Quote Originally Posted by Joebar99
    Thx for the info Insertion...... one more question --

On their comparison matrix in the "contacts" area, they have "Send Email/SMS" checked for Pro but not for Standard. Does this mean you cant send email or sms from the agendus contact page with the std. version?
    Correct. The main difference between the two is that the Pro version includes Agendus Mail, and the Standard does not.

Actually, on second thought, I'm not sure. Standard may just open up whatever mail or SMS program you use.

You can always download it. I think its a 14 day trial.

I'm hoping it's the latter.... Dont wanna have to go pro just for that feature. Thanks, I'll give it a shot.
  14.    #14  
    I tried the demo .. it does not replace the built in contacts at least not from the phone app if i click contacts it still takes me to the built in crappy contacts.
    Quote Originally Posted by riekl
    I tried the demo .. it does not replace the built in contacts at least not from the phone app if i click contacts it still takes me to the built in crappy contacts.
    Why don't you just change the favorites button so that it launches Agendus instead of contacts (see screenshot)?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Palm Pro -> Palm IIIx -> HandSpring Visor Deluxe -> HandSpring Visor Prism -> Tapwave Zodiac 2 (don't use much) | Treo 650 | Palm LifeDrive (returned)
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Quote Originally Posted by YonksMan
    Agendus will do this.
    Well ... I was pessimistic (and for good reason). I did go ahead and try Agendus. But saying that Agendus will allow you to add a photo to the contacts is only partially true. The contact photo is ONLY viewable from the Agendus app and when synced up to the desktop ... is NOT viewable from the desktop application. So it does not truly replace the contacts photo functionality.

Oh well ... at least I can say I tried it out. The eye candy was nicer with Agendus, no doubt, but still missing some of my desired functionality.

Any other recommendations?
    I am using Chapura KeySuite's KeyContacts, also for replacing the Contacts shortcut in the Phone app. Works well. I am still syncing the standard Contacts list as well, for the benefit of feeding VoiceDial.
    I use Agendus and love it. It plays well with ChatterMail (IMAP push for work email) and Agendus Mail - I did notice soft resets occuring so I turned off the SMS alert when I get an email, after all it is not work email so not too important. Agendus coupled with CompanionLink Express = a fully functional 650 that 2 way syncs with Act 2005 and gives me real time like Blackberry . I really like the way Agendus plays with Act. I add an Appt. or a To Do on the 650 and one sync later it is on my Act calendar. I LOVE IT!!! Agendus is really nice.
    I wish I had a dime for every dime I have
    Can I change the contacts to read first name first instead of last name with agendus
    (from Treo) Since we R off on Agendus here, Will it let U store photos or contacts on the SD card?
    Pilot 512 >PPilot Pro > PalmV > Tungsten T > T3> Treo 650 Cingular
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast