1.    #1  
    Long ago, Marc made some kind of a deal with some site named mytreo.net that allowed us to download an early copy of the program. Nice, but ever since I've been spammed with ads by these people , and they do not respond to my requests to be removed from their list. Does anyone know how to get through to this company? (Their obnoxious email messages contain no hint of how to be removed.)
    Quote Originally Posted by tangible
    Long ago, Marc made some kind of a deal with some site named mytreo.net that allowed us to download an early copy of the program. Nice, but ever since I've been spammed with ads by these people , and they do not respond to my requests to be removed from their list. Does anyone know how to get through to this company? (Their obnoxious email messages contain no hint of how to be removed.)
    Reading is fundamental.

5. Choice / Opt-Out
    We provide you the opportunity to 'opt-out' of having your personally identifiable information used for certain purposes, when we ask for this information. For example, if you register with us but do not wish to receive any additional marketing material from us, you can indicate your preference on our registration form. If you no longer wish to receive our newsletters and promotional communications, you may opt-out of receiving them by following the instructions included in each newsletter or communication or by emailing us at store@mytreo.net. You may also update your preferences at any time by accessing our member information area. You will be notified before your personal information is collected by any third party that is not our agent/service provider, so you can make an informed choice as to whether or not to share your information with that party.
    Quote Originally Posted by tangible
    some site named mytreo.net...that just killz me. Clearly someone has never been there.

And their emails are hardly obnoxious. Thanks for the laugh tangible.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  4.    #4  
    DLBrummels:Thanks for responding. Yes, I have seen this information about opting out at your site, used it twice, and yet still the emails come. I looked again at the email I received today, "Subject: Testing advert for GSM 650", and do not see any of the instructions about removal that you claim are on every communication. Perhaps this particular message was never intended to go to customers, given the wording of the subject line?
    Man, I feel terrible about that! There was no "deal" with mytreo.net; they had just been very supportive (and a couple of the founders were Chatter users) so I gave them a one-week headstart and asked for (and got) nothing in return.

I will contact them about this.

Marc
    Man, I feel terrible about that! There was no "deal" with mytreo.net; they had just been very supportive (and a couple of the founders were Chatter users) so I gave them a one-week headstart and asked for (and got) nothing in return.

Marc
    The mailings work exactly the same way they do here on TC. Everyone has full control over whether they receive newsletters etc. Just visit the site, log in to your account and you'll find it under "Profile."
    Quote Originally Posted by mblank

Marc
    What a gent!
    tangible, your profile at mytreo.net has a big tick next to the "Receive forum announcements and important notifications by email." so I guess you did not switch that option off.

Now stop complaining about being spammed, because nobody is spamming you, and I bet you enjoyed the last email containing all the free downloads. How's that for obnoxious?
    We've done our best to make it extremely easy for folks to opt out of mailings by emailing us at store@mytreo.net or by logging and visiting your "Profile." If this has proven difficult for anyone, please feel free to email me at rosenft AT mytreo DOT net and I'll be glad to remove you personally.

Kindest regards,
    mytreo.net admin team
    Thanks, mtdn guys!

Marc
    Whats with all the graphics in the mytreo.net emails. They show up funny even on fastmail.fm.