Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have a Cingular GSM Treo 650 no the FedEx truck on the way to my house right now. Here are the facts:

Ordered from the standard Cingular Blue (old att) b2b number yesterday. PLEASE NOTE: You have to have a business account to do this. If you have a business account, you should know the b2b number. I don't want to post it here and have 500 people call who are not b2b customers. BTW, b2b is Business to Business. I have a discount through my employer for Att/Cingular. Check your employer if you have a discount as well.

Paid $450 for the phone, the phone already shows up on my account when I check my account on-line.

I did not have to change ANYTHING on my account, REPEAT, I did not change my account to a orange account, and did not extend my contract. I don't think this is normal, but his is what the rep did for me when I ordered.

I did not pay shipping, they told me all b2b phones are shipped FedEx over night for free.

Orange customers can order the phone today and have it tomorrow. I have a friend who has done the same thing.

FedEx overnight usually shows up before noon, so I will post pics as proof the second I open the box.

If you don't' believe me, head over to howardforms, other people are posting the same thing.
    Their are reports about the BT dun being disabled on Cingular phones, can you verify that fact when you get your phone this morning?
    Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    This is really strange. I have called AT&T's B2B/NBO number at least 10 times, and everytime I'm told the same thing: "It's not availible yet, our system says 'coming soon'".
  4.    #4  
    My guy did also say "coming soon" but for some reason he did go check with someone and said the system just "updated" when he got back and he was able to place my order.
    Be careful using "Orange" to refer to Cingular (as opposed to "Blue" for ATT). Of course that happens to be the name of another GSM carrier and as quick as things can get confused/spun around here...

Todd/Indy
  6.    #6  
    Good point tbhausen, my bad...
    Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    I stand corrected.. I was FINALLY able to order through AT&T's NBO, but I had to sign up for new service since I've already migrated my phone numbers to Cingular... I wonder if my cingular SIM will work? I'll find out tomorrow!
    Are we saying AT&T will ship the T650 on an B2B account? I've been hounding my Cingular B2B rep all month. He states he does not know when the 650 will be availiable.

Has anyone called the Cingular B2B number?
    10/10/04 Ebayed my T600 ...
    I want my Treo 650 !!
    Got my unlocked T650 3/31/05
    CNG Unlocked 650 on TMo Network
    Bad news, I think you guys just bought Treo 650's that are locked to AT&T.
    I wonder why they didn't lock the Treo 650 Cingulars to work with both (and only) AT&T as well as Cingular SIMS. Seems pretty lame to me since it's now 1 company.

If I were you, when you get the Treo 650 and find out it's locked to AT&T SIM, call Cingular and/or ATTws and demand the unlock code so you can use the Cingular SIM! This is rediculous, it's a new product, they should be able to make it work across both billing systems.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    Quote Originally Posted by LD555
    Are we saying AT&T will ship the T650 on an B2B account? I've been hounding my Cingular B2B rep all month. He states he does not know when the 650 will be availiable.

Has anyone called the Cingular B2B number?

Just got off with Blue B2B. "Chad" said it was released just for Blue. I called the Cingular B2B and spoke with "Jennifer" She told me as of this morning it is still not showing up in their catalog.
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not" Thomas Jefferson
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh
    Bad news, I think you guys just bought Treo 650's that are locked to AT&T.
    I wonder why they didn't lock the Treo 650 Cingulars to work with both (and only) AT&T as well as Cingular SIMS. Seems pretty lame to me since it's now 1 company.

If I were you, when you get the Treo 650 and find out it's locked to AT&T SIM, call Cingular and/or ATTws and demand the unlock code so you can use the Cingular SIM! This is rediculous, it's a new product, they should be able to make it work across both billing systems.

You are correect - they are still using independant SIM cards. I was thinking of getting the 650 from AT&T B2B and swapping the SIM out w/ my Cingular SIM. The B2B rep told me they are still independant, and the Cingular SIM will not work in the AT&T Treo!
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not" Thomas Jefferson
  12.    #12  
    I will test if my unit is locked in about 20min...

Pics of my phone are here: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...9&postcount=13
    i stand corrected
    ----------------------------

63437 part number - $349.99 GSA Contract Pricing.

You can PLACE THE ORDER NOW

The Treo 650 will be available to SHIP on Feb 4th. This replaces the Treo 600.
  14.    #14  
    I did verify my AT&T Treo 650 is locked to AT&T
    nuts...in any case, could you go into the phone app > menu > options > phone info and give us the digs on the firmware, software, and hardware numbers?
    Nokia 3585 > Moto i60c > Moto i90c > SK Color > Nokia 6820 > Nokia 6230 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > BB 7100 > BB 7105 > BB Pearl > Treo 755p > Treo 800w
  16.    #16  
    Firmware: 01.04
    Software: Treo650-1.02-CNB
    Hardware: A
    Quote Originally Posted by Milo Bloom
    Firmware: 01.04
    Software: Treo650-1.02-CNB
    Hardware: A
    Do you think CNB stands for CiNgular Blue?
    As AT&T wireless is refered to as Cingular Blue, and old Cingular is refered to as Cingular Orange...
    It'd be interesting to see if the Cingular (not AT&T) version will have:
    Treo650-1.02-CNO for CiNgular Orange.

By way of comparison, the Treo 600 is -CNG
    (THIS IS SPECULATION ONLY)
    Last edited by taylorh; 01/27/2005 at 01:31 PM.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    I was wondering the exact same thing about the software version code.

Todd/Indy
    Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    I cancelled my order with B2B. I figured the phone would accept a Cingular-orange SIM. I guess I'll have to wait till next week when the Cingular-orange business channels can order it.
    What about DUN? Does it work?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast