Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    With a Cingular of AT&T version of the 650 (locked or unlocked) will you still be able to manually "Switch Network" as you can currently with the 600? Thanks.
    Off to iPhone land...
    Quote Originally Posted by Milo Bloom
    I have a Cingular GSM Treo 650 no the FedEx truck on the way to my house right now. Here are the facts:

Ordered from the standard Cingular Blue (old att) b2b number yesterday. PLEASE NOTE: You have to have a business account to do this. If you have a business account, you should know the b2b number. I don't want to post it here and have 500 people call who are not b2b customers. BTW, b2b is Business to Business. I have a discount through my employer for Att/Cingular. Check your employer if you have a discount as well.

Paid $450 for the phone, the phone already shows up on my account when I check my account on-line.

I did not have to change ANYTHING on my account, REPEAT, I did not change my account to a orange account, and did not extend my contract. I don't think this is normal, but his is what the rep did for me when I ordered.

I did not pay shipping, they told me all b2b phones are shipped FedEx over night for free.

Orange customers can order the phone today and have it tomorrow. I have a friend who has done the same thing.

FedEx overnight usually shows up before noon, so I will post pics as proof the second I open the box.

If you don't' believe me, head over to howardforms, other people are posting the same thing.
    I tried calling my rep... it hasn't been released for my area... which is Atlanta. What area are you in?

thanks...
    For cingular customers who want a cingular phone you need to call 8668952963 and ask for translations and telesales. Voila! You have a treo650.
    Treoseur
    Followed instructions above, got the "ad nauseum" response: "Not released yet".
    Quote Originally Posted by jhat3k1
    For cingular customers who want a cingular phone you need to call 8668952963 and ask for translations and telesales. Voila! You have a treo650.
    surely there are better ways to get kicks than posting rubbish.
    Off to iPhone land...
    unfortunatly I got the same resonese (NJ area)
    Keep trying. It took me 3 calls to get NBO to put the order through.
    Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lep354
    Followed instructions above, got the "ad nauseum" response: "Not released yet".
    Yep, same here... I'm sick of people posting BAD information--GET A LIFE!
    Could you please post the b2b number???

tia
    I had a weird experience, I called and ordered my phone via b2b. I do not have a business account but do have a business. At any rate i called and talked to a rep he was telling me that i cannot add the phone to my current regular family plan because the phone is a data phone and it would not work properlly.

I hung up and talked to a 2nd rep and she told me something along the lines, required me to get a new data plan and number but did not require voice "go figure".

At any rate what I was thinking about doing was to get the phone then cancell the account and simply use my att sim card with the phone. Will they require I return the phone if I cancell the new phone line they are setting me up with?
    Quote Originally Posted by redemption
    I had a weird experience, I called and ordered my phone via b2b. I do not have a business account but do have a business. At any rate i called and talked to a rep he was telling me that i cannot add the phone to my current regular family plan because the phone is a data phone and it would not work properlly.

I hung up and talked to a 2nd rep and she told me something along the lines, required me to get a new data plan and number but did not require voice "go figure".

At any rate what I was thinking about doing was to get the phone then cancell the account and simply use my att sim card with the phone. Will they require I return the phone if I cancell the new phone line they are setting me up with?

That is what I am doing but I am a corp customer and we are not required to either pay a cancel fee or return equipment.
    I should have opened the account under my corporation but figured it would have been easier to do if I simply added to my existing account.

I guess worst case scenario I get to play with the phone for 10 days and by then it will be allover and if they require i return phone I will do so and buy one on ebay.
  13. Rob
    Global Posts
    533 Global Posts
    I should have opened the account under my corporation but figured it would have been easier to do if I simply added to my existing account.

I guess worst case scenario I get to play with the phone for 10 days and by then it will be allover and if they require i return phone I will do so and buy one on ebay.
    No early termination fee?
    I asked the lady that if I do not like the phone if I could cancel the whole thing within 10 days and she said yes. I believe that all cell providers give 10 to 15 days to cancel with no penalties. Am I wrong in that assumption?

if you do it over the phone and pay by credit card, then they'll just end up charging/billing you the retail cost of the phone. however, and you didn't hear this from me, but if you were to go into best buy and set up new 2-year contract with a new cellphone number, which renders you the best discounts off the handset, pay cash, and then cancel it out a week later.../whistles
    Nokia 3585 > Moto i60c > Moto i90c > SK Color > Nokia 6820 > Nokia 6230 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > BB 7100 > BB 7105 > BB Pearl > Treo 755p > Treo 800w
    Please run a network performance test in the web browser at...

dslreports.com/mspeed

Select the 200K file. Please post latency results too.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    He said the ATT side is not releasing the phones until 2/5. Has anyone order a phone from an ATT biz account and the phone will arrive befor 2/5? Or do i need to call B/S on my rep?

18.    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by xenophonite
    Please run a network performance test in the web browser at...

dslreports.com/mspeed

Select the 200K file. Please post latency results too.
    122 kbit/sec
    3.571 Latency
    16.604s d/l time
  19.    #39  
    I did not call any one person, just a generic b2b number. Other people have called the same number and did not get the phone. It just matters who you talk to. I was just DAMN lucky I got someone who took the time to look on the first try.

When I called, he did not think he could order the 650, but put me on hold and asked someone. When he cam back about 2min later, he said he could order.
  20.    #40  
    I don't see anything about DUN in my BT setup....
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast