1.    #1  
    Before the 650 was released, I had read that the phone would be capable of supporting MobiTV. However, neither Sprint nor MobiTV is offering the service for the Treo 650 yet. Does anyone have any information about this? So many weaker phones support this service which would be so potentially eye popping on our 650s!
    Probably because there is no client available yet. There are a lot more "weaker phones" out in the world then Treo 650's. Besides, MobilTV is (IMO) terribly overrated. I had it on my Nokia 6620 for a few days. It was "cool" but was a waste of the monthly fee so I cancelled it. I'd rather put 3 or 4 full length DVD movies on the SD card and watch that .... or a REAL TV show I can copy to the card. At least the lips match the mouths and it works inside tunnels.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrJeffJo
    Before the 650 was released, I had read that the phone would be capable of supporting MobiTV. However, neither Sprint nor MobiTV is offering the service for the Treo 650 yet. Does anyone have any information about this? So many weaker phones support this service which would be so potentially eye popping on our 650s!
    Just speculation here... but since MobiTV is a java based app, perhaps they're waiting for the official release of the Java pluggin for the Treo 650 before releaseing a Treo version of MobiTV...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    haha, I kinda liked MobiTV on my samsungs... and I'd like to try it out on the 650. Although I do agree on some Real TV with mouths matching words AND working in tunnels.. lol
    Can an intelligence create another intelligence more intelligent than itself? Are we more intelligent than the evolutionary process that created us? In turn, will the intelligence that we are creating come to exceed that of its creator?

[ Treo 650 on Sprint ]
    I talked to MobiTV at CES. They are working on it for the 650- but nada yet. At very most it will still be 1-3 frames per second which is poo-poo.

We have fricken HDTV now, and we want to watch TV on a screen that's two inches, and watch 3 frames a second. Why is technology DEGRADING?
    it's all about bandwidth...
    The ability to listen (if not watch) CNBC while I'm in the car would be wonderful. I know the picture sucks, as I've tried it out on my wife's Sanyo 5500. Still for an info junkie like myself it would be great. And yes, I have been looking at XM Radio but I just don't want to have to carry a second a device or worry about yet another subscription bill to deal with each month. With my corporate discount and services credit Mobitv would effectively cost me ~ $3-$4/month.
    I get XM for about $8/month by paying up-front. I love it--FOX News in the car

Todd/Indy
    If go to http://www.mobitv.com/get/index.html and click the link at the bottom left of the page "Don't have a MobiTV compatible phone? Let us know and we will notify you when your phone is supported. " you can fill out the quick (less than 30 second) survey requesting them to support the Treo.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G