1.    #1  
    Can anyone give a quick and short reply please?

Is the coverage good?
    Is their data plan good for use of the 650 to surf the internet (and how does it compare to tmobile)?
    Does a gsm over a cdma phone really last that much long per charge?
    (besides if I charge the darn thing each day I'm not sure that it matters)

Last, if they can offer a great price (especialy for a one year contract) would it be that bad to go with them instead of cingular, which will charge more for phone and much more for data each month?

thks, for those sprint haters...please don't shoot arrows in your reply. I just trying to take the 'poor customer service' out of the discussion. Is it not possible to get a phone from a carrier, use it and their voice/data plan and pretty much not ever even speak with customer service (i.e. just get and pay your bill each month and enjoy low rates)?

coverage needed - live in tampabay florida.
    current phone - have a 600 and using att (now cingular).
    if i recall correctly I got my 600 for $250 from amazon for a one year contract
    Last edited by motor; 01/27/2005 at 05:46 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by motor
    Can anyone give a quick and short reply please?

Is the coverage good?
    If you're in a major Metro area, should be fine
    Is their data plan good for use of the 650 to surf the internet (and how does it compare to tmobile)?
    $15.00 unlimited data is pretty good, add in another $5.00 for unlimited text makes a great deal even better.
    Does a gsm over a cdma phone really last that much long per charge?
    (besides if I charge the darn thing each day I'm not sure that it matters)
    Have only known CDMA so I can't say.
    Last, if they can offer a great price (especialy for a one year contract) would it be that bad to go with them instead of cingular, which will charge more for phone and much more for data each month?

thks, for those sprint haters...please don't shoot arrows in your reply. I just trying to take the 'poor customer service' out of the discussion. Is it not possible to get a phone from a carrier, use it and their voice/data plan and pretty much not ever even speak with customer service (i.e. just get and pay your bill each month and enjoy low rates)?
    I did essentially the same thing. Switched from Verizon/Treo 600 to Sprint/650. Coverage is good. Customer Service? Have no idea, but in the eight plus years I had Airtouch/Verizon, I called CS all of...oh maybe three or four times -to change plans or add features. I would hope any knucklehead in CS is capable of that.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    My advice; get a 650 with Sprint and try it out for two weeks. If you like it, keep it and port over your old cell number. That's how I made my move from Verizon. Really, that's the only way you are going to get an answer for your specific situation, although I agree with what Insertion said.
    amazon's got em for $359 1 yr contract
    If you like Audible's service, Amazon also gives you an instant $100 discount for signing up for Audible's $15 plan for 12 months. That brings the Treo 650 price down to $269.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Definately get the 650 with Sprint their coverage is good, their data network is second to none and all those plan changes you can do online you should hardly ever need to play CSR roulette.
    I use Sprint and live in Tampa. Coverage is excellent on both sides of the bay.