1.    #1  
    I believe the only way to get the features I'm looking for is to go with GoodLink Server & Client Software. I talked with them today and signed up for the trial. My problem is that we run MS Small Business Server 2003 Premium Edition (Win2K3, Exchange, SQL2000, ISA2000) on our server. The Good rep. said that he knows that people do run GoodLink Server on MS SBS2003 but they (Good) do not support it. The System Req. document the rep. sent me says, under Unsupported Configurations: GoodLink Server must run on a separate machine from the Exchange Server and any other mission critical applications.

Has anyone ever successfully set this solution up on a SBS machine? Does anyone have advice on how to set it up? I just want it to work without having to buy and setup another Windows 2003 Server. TIA
    I too would like to know if anyone has tried Goodlink on the same SBS machine so I don't have to buy another server. I will subscribe to this thread an hope someone can report on their experiences.
    3 Sharp Wizards (who can remember the model #'s anymore?) -> REX -> PalmPilot -> PalmPilot w/1 MB Upgrade -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm m505 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Treo 700p (Sprint) -> Treo 755p (Sprint) -> Centro (KB & Batt too small) -> Treo 755p & Black Centro

Current "essential" programs: Chatter, 2day, TakePhone, SplashID, PalmPDF, 4Cast, DA, GoogleMaps, BackupMan, PowerHero, KeyCaps, LudusP, mSafe, TextPlus, VolumeCare, ePocrates, zLauncher.
    Good does not currently support SBS, though there are some successful deployments on SBS. There are techinical issues with the GoodLink code and the way Exchange is managed on SBS. I would be interested to hear of people that have deployed on SBS as well. Another option, though maybe not as pleasant, is a hosted Exchange environment. That, however, would be more palateble for companies that simply don't run ANY version of Exchange.
    I have Good on my Treo 600 and it's amazing. Luckily I work for a corporation that has almost 1,000 users. I have read in other threads and on other sites that it's been done successfully. I think I read that the worry is if one goes down, it all goes down. Google Good and you should find something. The short answer, yes it can be done.
  5.    #5  
    The rep called me and said that he confirmed that it is fairly easy to setup in SBS2003 although technically unsupported. I'm still waiting for them to send me the keys. I'll give it a try.
    Quote Originally Posted by scsanden
    The rep called me and said that he confirmed that it is fairly easy to setup in SBS2003 although technically unsupported. I'm still waiting for them to send me the keys. I'll give it a try.
    Unsupported worries me. We are paying such a good price for a product, service and support that I wonder when things go wrong if you set it up this way what, if anything, they will do to help you. Does anyone know of any companies that host a goodlink server for those of us that already have SBS2003 and only need a few users for Good? Perhaps that would save me money on a new server as well as possibly taking advantage of a Good volume discount by being on a hosted server. What I don't need is another hosted exchange server because that would just complicate everything.
    3 Sharp Wizards (who can remember the model #'s anymore?) -> REX -> PalmPilot -> PalmPilot w/1 MB Upgrade -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm m505 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Treo 700p (Sprint) -> Treo 755p (Sprint) -> Centro (KB & Batt too small) -> Treo 755p & Black Centro

Current "essential" programs: Chatter, 2day, TakePhone, SplashID, PalmPDF, 4Cast, DA, GoogleMaps, BackupMan, PowerHero, KeyCaps, LudusP, mSafe, TextPlus, VolumeCare, ePocrates, zLauncher.
    I don't know of any hosting solutions that offer only GoodLink. Typically, they offer GoodLink as part of their hosted Exchange services. Let me do some digging and see what I can find.